• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Should be at splash for 9.30 then walk over

Anyone there Sunday? Cannot make tomorrow, but have Sunday off

I'm a last-minute drop out (kind of).

I'm a Preston fan, and our greatest ever player Sir Tom Finney has died tonight. I'm going to go to the match tomorrow to pay my respects.

I'll be gutted to miss most of you, hope some people will be on park on Sunday. I'll be arriving at the Vane tomorrow evening after the game.

Amy_D said:
I'm a last-minute drop out (kind of).

I'm a Preston fan, and our greatest ever player Sir Tom Finney has died tonight. I'm going to go to the match tomorrow to pay my respects.

The actions of a true football fan. Hope he gets a good send off from you lot, good on ya :)

Islander, John and I will be late as we have been delayed by 50 minutes.

At corner coffee with a growing contingent of 'enthusiasts'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Not a bad start to the season I reckon.

The brisk weather this morning was certainly an off putter, but standing throughout the wait to become the first person to pass through the turnstiles [Where's the confetti?!] paid off in some respect.

It was quite the experience as around ten of us strolled down Towers Street to the sound of nothingness, other than Dan's announcement on the half price magic sale. I hasten to add the new for 2014 up seller in place of the counter in the lower half of Towers Trading is a strange way to be greeted by staff on park first thing in the morning.

The gradual build up of members in Corner Coffee was quite pleasant as opposed to the chaos that unfolded last year outside Box Office. A vast improvement has been made here.

On the whole, it was great to catch up with plenty of people. The snippets of conversation I had with various people regarding Europa has really cranked up the excitement levels for April, and the enjoyable Orlando discussion that took place in Woodcutters at lunch time also deserves a mention.

Other than the cold and wet weather at times, Nemesis' shambolic operation towards the end of the day and the general lack of motivation to do much seeing as it was February Half Term, a lovely way to start the 'spellbinding' 2014 season.

It wasn't a too horrendous start to the season, just it was bloody cold!

Highs: Seeing you lovely people
Mine and Joe's 'special' renditions of Hex and Charlie
Pandaroo
Nemesis being open

Lows: FAFF
'Twas Cold
Feeling a tad unwell at times

Thanks go to NooNoo for the lifts to and from park, Danny for guiding us to the warmth of Corner Coffee and Ian Bassi for the onion rings :D

I'll see you all next weekend in the land of Mandy (OBE) :p

Poison Tom 96 said:

I have to admit, quite possibly my favourite ever Charlie experience! Thanks, boys! :) :)

I'll create a proper trip report soon enough, but until then short summary.

Highs:

First ride on many things
Oslo Courtroom experience on Sub Terra
Meeting everyone!

Lows:

The weather
FAFF

My first meet of the season and it was great to see everyone, and to see so many people attend given the poor ride line up, and weather conditions.

I managed rides on Nemesis, Air, Sub Terra, and Hex, deciding to give Charlie and Sonic a miss.

Highlights for me include:
Seeing everyone
Nemesis back row
Warming up in Dragon Bar

Lowlights for me
Woodcutter - Food was fine, but its goes cold so quickly due to how cold it was. When you consider this is the best place to eat on park, it just gets me down.

Ian

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Pixie-Ro said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I have to admit, quite possibly my favourite ever Charlie experience! Thanks, boys! :) :)

Me too! Very hilarious!

Was a great first ride of it for me.

So, with one thing and another, Saturday still ended up being one of my highlights of 2014 so far - it was also knackering, so I'm glad to finally be back in my Bradford base for 9 hours of quiet time!

Glad the hardy souls who stuck it out again today were rewarded with much better weather, and from the reports I've heard, last night was a good one at the Vane - sorry I couldn't stay longer, did feel bad about that, but Dream Theater are only in the country every year or two, so they're top priority when they are :p

For me, the day started off really well (especially arriving on time even after oversleeping half an hour!), and carried on promisingly until the rain and cold set in around lunchtime - sadly, it never quite recovered after that. Nobody's fault obviously, and to be honest, probably exactly what I should expect from February in the UK!

That aside, it was great to be back on park and see some of you lot for the first time this year or meet others for the first time as well as catching up with the usual crowd (and the all singing, all dancing PTA (Pixie-Ro et al.) who have adopted winding me up as their new favourite pastime!!) :p

I liked how quiet it was on park as well, just realised I basically queued for nothing all day - not even for coffee or lunch, so whilst Nemesis DID decide to play the one-train game, this was no more than a mere irritance. Nemesis felt half-asleep, I won't lie, but I always find it's a coaster that gets better as the day goes on, and as the season gets on. Air doesn't. Air was like it always is, even if I do have a little more affection for it these day. I also MUST get that Nemesis anniversary t-shirt next time I'm there, and as Tom's already said, Pandaroo is an excellent queue line game :p

I didn't ride Spinball, so had an early lunch. Woodcutters deserves an honorable mention - it seemed to be going downhill fast last year, to the point that I'd always try to eat at the Tavern instead, but had no problem at all yesterday, and very fast, friendly service even if the card machine WAS broken. I'm still not sure that sambuca at lunch was your best idea, Ellie - but then it's not every day you're 21 :) The conversation over our table DID get a little silly (don't think Bowso knew WHAT to make of us!!), but luckily, as I've been explaining since my first meet a year ago, I'm quite comfortable with my sexuality, thank you very much :p :p

After lunch, we rode Hex, then headed for shelter - at least, that was the plan. I ended up accompanying Ellie & Panda on a wild goose/moshi monster chase to Cloud Cuckoo Land, picking up a few more members en route. Only AFTER Ellie had finally completed the quest and collected the coveted Moshi figurine, could we head to the Dragon Bar for a well deserved defrost!!

Admittedly, I was sort of falling asleep into my drink by this time (I've had a VERY long week...), so didn't manage to talk to everyone in the bar, and some people seemed to leave quite early. I was glad to see Lewis in a good enough mood that he kept appearing and singing acapella Madonna songs in my face every so often, though I'm still a little ashamed of admitting that I secretly like Temple of the Night Hawk (though not enough to drag myself back to Phantasialand, fear not!)

I think Tarin had a good day as well, she was definitely more outgoing than at Scarefest, and I've pointed out that you're a friendly bunch and not many of you bite :) I realised over the weekend that it's a year on Monday since I joined the forum, and each time I'm asked my opinions on the differences between this place and my old site, my answers are always the same - even if there's been a few more arguments and dramatic turns of events than I'd have liked lately, joining here was probably the best move I made in 2013 :)

ANYWAY, whilst it seemed a short day, and a little lower on the excitement and enthusiasm scales than usual, it's still got the season underway in promising fashion. Was good to be back, and pick up with people exactly where we left off - and as an aside, I'm really happy with how well we managed to pass the off-season between us, I've had a lot of non-theme park fun, and it's flown by :)

I'm hoping I can make PBB on Saturday, but make no promises - if not, back at the usual place in March for more of the same!

http://youtu.be/bp85GgcyESs
PS: My rendition of this on Sat night was dedicated to this place :p

The 2014 season got off to a low-key affair on Saturday due to the weather, but things were in full swing today with the park much busier and a much better atmosphere. From a personal point of view, it was great to be back with TST after a quiet closed season, and great to see the event continuing to be successful. They need to get Nemesis on 2 trains though - the queue nearly reached the entrance at one point today.

Highlights:

+ Back on park with TST :D
+ Happy Birthday to Ellie on RMT (plus near-takeover)
+ Completing the annual change log.
+ Lego movie sosche
+ Our grand tour of Staffordshire moorlands on Sat night
+ N:ST fail on Sunday (only the audio and the ride towers worked)

Sorry for saying thanks so late, I've had no energy to type all week...

I had a brilliant weekend, I was actually really sad to go home, hoping I can sneak some more time off and do a few more meets... Saturday was lovely, I tried my best to mix in and not be too shy, but I can only be SO outgoing in a larger group :p Sunday was a far smaller group, so I integrated a lot better, and I got my Nemesis 20th Anniversary top :')

Highlights:

-Ellie and Will's ongoing banter, <censored> hilarious
- And Ellie drinking Sambuka at lunch time
-Being back on park, and starting the season with Nemesis
-Vane soshe, was really good
-Meeting Amy D, she's faaaaab
-Meeting new people all weekend

Thank you all very much :) And I'm really sorry its this late

Also late to the party with my trip review!

Highlights
- Getting to see everyone again
- Twenty-one birthday laps
- The first Vane sosche in about two years

Lowlights
- Not getting to ride Nemesis

See you all again soon! :)