• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Is anybody going near Stoke station with space for two large oaves? Just seen the post about the bus leaving at 7:45 and getting to the resort at half 8!

My car is now full.

I am thinking about heading back to the Hotels at about 3pmish for Hot Drinks, just wondering if anyone else fancies joining me. I have to set off about 5pm and I know if I leave it until park close, there will be no chance of getting back to the bar, and getting a drink :)

Ian

Working Saturday, but I can go Sunday if people are about.

Looks like I'll be there. :)

I will now be joining this meet, looking forward to getting the 2014 season off to a cracking start :D

If someone is willing to give me a lift to and from Stoke station then I will come, might cheer me up after a bad week.

I shall be there on the Saturday. Looking forward to it :)

Dar said:
Is anybody going near Stoke station with space for two large oaves? Just seen the post about the bus leaving at 7:45 and getting to the resort at half 8!

I could pick up at Rugeley Trent Valley at around 8:15am (or the bus station in Rugeley, if you'd rather) - just a few quid petrol.

I could also drop you back at Rugeley Trent Valley afterwards, although I will be leaving AT immediately following ride close, so if you wanted to hang around, then I wouldn't be much good.

A return from Stafford to Rugeley TV is £3.40 full price.

:)

Wow, thanks! That's very thorough! :)

We don't mind leaving straight after ride close. We can get to Rugeley TV for 8am :D

It's only £4.50 for 2 young person returns! Bargain madness!!

Thanks again Dan :)

Dar said:
Wow, thanks! That's very thorough! :)

We don't mind leaving straight after ride close. We can get to Rugeley TV for 8am :D

It's only £4.50 for 2 young person returns! Bargain madness!!

Thanks again Dan :)

No problems. £5 petrol will do the trick lads (for the two of you)!

See you then! I'll aim for your train arrival time.

Will be a McDonald's stop en route.

hobohippie95 said:
If someone is willing to give me a lift to and from Stoke station then I will come, might cheer me up after a bad week.
Could probably give you a lift from Stoke in the morning, if that helps...

Islander said:
hobohippie95 said:
Could probably give you a lift from Stoke in the morning, if that helps...

It does, just need a lift back again.

Slight change of Will_plan - as long as I'm on the road by 6:30ish, I'm good to join for meal at Vane/drinks/sosche on resort after ride close :)

Tarin Maria said:
Just wondering if anyone could gimme a lift to some sort of hotel and back to Towers the next day? I will probably try and stay in Vane, if anyone has any space in a hotel room, please send me a PM or facebook message!

I'm definitely going to be there :)

I can give you a lift to and from the Vane, if you're staying there.

I just wondered why the meeting point is on park, does that mean the monorail won't be open? Is parking as it normally is? I've never been at FHT before.

The monorail doesn't operate during FHT due to the cold weather, although there are shuttle buses to and from the main car park. Parking is the same as usual.

---

I may be attending both days but not able to fully confirm yet.

Amy_D said:
Tarin Maria said:
Just wondering if anyone could gimme a lift to some sort of hotel and back to Towers the next day? I will probably try and stay in Vane, if anyone has any space in a hotel room, please send me a PM or facebook message!

I'm definitely going to be there :)

I can give you a lift to and from the Vane, if you're staying there.

I just wondered why the meeting point is on park, does that mean the monorail won't be open? Is parking as it normally is? I've never been at FHT before.

Oh yes please! And no monorail during FHT :( its a long walk, very very long walk

It is a long walk, especially with a still dodgy ankle. I will be keeping an eye out for a bus.

So have you booked into the Vane, Tarin?

May have to cancel this due to me being a drunken idiot Monday night and breaking my key.

Ill be there on Saturday for the day! Looking forward to it!!

They normally run buses from the car parks to the entrance for Feb Half Term.

:)