• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Pub Quiz: Sat 4th April 2020

Like everyone else I had a great time last night and would like to echo the thanks already given to Rowe and Tom. The standard of production, variety of questions and surprise guest appearance were absolutely fantastic. The difficulty level was pretty high but seemed well judged to me - I was expecting to do far worse!

I would quietly like to point out that while some of the comments made regarding issues that arose regarding scoring, the delay in beginning the second half while hammering out scores etc. were I'm sure meant in jest, to me they seemed slightly insensitive to this having been a first attempt and the effort involved in running it. My attempt to raise this point at the time could have been a lot better worded, and I appreciate that in written form the subtleties of output from different senses of humour aren't so easily conveyed as in speech, but I spoke from the reaction I was seeing and they weren't being taken in that spirit.

Yes, it probably doesn't seem like that big a deal, and beyond writing this I don't want to make it any bigger. I'd hope you'll also appreciate though that I'm not normally one to make a fuss without a reason to. All I would ask is that you think a bit more carefully in future about how your words might be interpreted, as despite the subsequent praise some of those comments in the heat of the moment weren't a particularly good incentive to repeat the exercise as many of us would be pleased to see happen.

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

It occurred to me that Mr @Danny didn't send me his scores last night, however as he did send his answers in time I have tallied them up just now. Scoring 186, Danny came 3rd last night, pushing everyone else down a place.

:)

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

It occurred to me that Mr @Danny didn't send me his scores last night, however as he did send his answers in time I have tallied them up just now. Scoring 186, Danny came 3rd last night, pushing everyone else down a place.

Ummmmmm... I think not! If he didn’t send his scores, then more fool him. I came third, @Danny FTL.

Edit. In fact, come to think of it, didn’t you say you were going to give everybody the points for BIRDS! I forgot to add that into my score. So actually myself and Ben got 190, putting us in joint 2nd! ;)

Ummmmmm... I think not! If he didn’t send his scores, then more fool him. I came third, @Danny FTL.

Edit. In fact, come to think of it, didn’t you say you were going to give everybody the points for BIRDS! I forgot to add that into my score. So actually myself and Ben got 190, putting us in joint 2nd! ;)
If this is in response to my dig last night about you being late... then it's fully deserved.

However, unfortunately for you, you sent your scores to the wrong person in the first place it would seem! "Team BS" starts with a letter in the 2nd half of the alphabet, which should have come to me, however did it? I think not. Regardless, I don't have your answer sheet so can't tell if you gave yourself the 5 points for BIRDS last night anyway and you're trying to get away with more points here now.

Burbs' ruling. *slams hammer*

;)

I’ll have you know the team name saved on our answer sheet was simply BS. So there!

In all seriousness though, jesting aside. I put my thoughts on Facebook (Social Media WHORE!) however I’ll voice them her too. Thank you so much to both @Rowe & @Burbs for hosting the quiz, I had so much fun playing along and you managed to bring together a whole community of people who live hundreds of miles apart, for an evening of fun when we all need it the most!

So thank you again, I shall be getting both of you a drink when I next see you on park. Rowe luckily for you this will likely be Towers, Tom meanwhile, you can look forward to you can of Tennant’s on our likely visit to the last of the UK’s awful parks... M&D’s!

Here’s to next time, though not too soon please

Don't think I quite understood the scoring system, but I sure came out with more theme park knowledge than I entered with.

Thanks to everyone responsible for putting the quiz on, and a big congratulations to those on the winning team.

Don't think I quite understood the scoring system, but I sure came out with more theme park knowledge than I entered with.

Thanks to everyone responsible for putting the quiz on, and a big congratulations to those on the winning team.
I've just had a look through your answers (didn't get chance to check everyone's) and despite the fact you gave yourself 1 point for correct answers instead of 5, with the proper scoring system... you still came last with 45 points. Wooden spoon well deserved. ;)

Answers are hilarious though. Bill Oddie's Night of the Zombies and having Forbidden Sweep as your seemingly go-to answer have made my day. :p

Hello again!

For anyone that couldn't join us on Saturday, we now have the audio recording uploaded to YouTube! You don't need anything other than a pen and paper, although the answer sheets are available in the description should you wish to use them. The images in the picture round are shown on screen.

Let us know your scores and feedback in the comments or as a reply to this thread.