• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Scarefest: 18-19 October 2014

Have maze tickets gone up in price? Towers website is now saying they're £11.20 with discount, not £9.60 as stated at the start of this thread. At that price I'm certainly only paying to do them once.

EDIT:

Oh no, it's just yet another Alton Towers website error. The advertised online price is £11.20 yet it charges you £9.60 on the booking pages.

:)

Last edited:
Will there be the usual popping off the park to the hotels this year or are the majority of people giving it a miss as very few of us are dressing up?

Usually, only people who are dressing up go to the hotels. The rest stay on park.

:)

So do I just have to wait outside in the cold?! Argh.

You'll be waiting outside in the queues exposed to the elements all day. It makes no difference.

IIRC, wasn't the first weekend of Scarefest last year meant to have the travellers show up as well? And yet we easily got access to the hotel. I think this is being blown a tad out of proportion.

After getting soaked to the skin at Scarefest last year I wasn't allowed in the hotel to get changed. They were checking reservations at the door.

You can usually get in the hotels during the day, but later on they won't let you in, like after park close on the Saturday night.

What usually happens with regards to food on this meet? I assume people eat on park at lunch time as normal, but what happens during the evening? Obviously the majority of us stay on park until 9, but do we usually have a meal on park or is it back at the accommodation?

After the panic of my first costume being awful, my second one is all sorted! :D

I may have spent any money for a costume at the Alestorm gig. Then Slipknot was announced. Ah well :p

Never attend this meet just in case.

Hope you all have a great time and will try to be at the evening one!