• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tst South: 14-15 June 2014

Re: TST South: 14-15 June 2014

I'll be at Chessie definitely. Not sure about Thorpe at the moment.

I can do Thorpe for definite. Highly unlikely that I'll be doing Chessington as nobody swaps shifts on a Saturday :(

The Saturday at Chessy would be much more convenient for me, as I live about 2 hours away, and I won't need to worry about getting back on a Saturday evening. This being said, I'm only going down that area once this year, and even though I've never been Chessy, it doesn't seem as thrilling as what Thorpe is, and I wanna get to Thorpe this year with my MAP.

Still hoping to make Thorpe though. Feel free to try and persuade me to come to Chessy instead though. :p

Tom.B said:
even though I've never been Chessy, it doesn't seem as thrilling as what Thorpe is

Bless, it's sweet that you think Chessie and Thorpe are in the same category in terms of excitement :p

Rowe said:
Tom.B said:
even though I've never been Chessy, it doesn't seem as thrilling as what Thorpe is

Bless, it's sweet that you think Chessie and Thorpe are in the same category in terms of excitement :p

What? I never said that...

Tom.B said:
Rowe said:
Tom.B said:

What? I never said that...

I mean with the bit on thrills (Chessie will never have more than family thrills) but never mind! :p

What I meant was, is that for me it's either Chessy or Thorpe, and that's just once this year. I think I'll go for Thorpe, but if you think I should go Chessy as I've never been there before, please try and persuade meh!

What time are we meeting at Thorpe on the 15th?

I would have liked to have attended this but Danny and I will most likely be hungover :')

I am up for this i will meet you at the parks tho do you know what time you plan to get there (nervous at the thought of attending my first meet)

I have booked the Saturday off work so I should be able to attend. If anyone from the Shrewsbury or Shropshire area would like a lift I have seats in my car free.

Depending on my route I might be able to pick people up along the way.

chris556 said:
I am up for this i will meet you at the parks tho do you know what time you plan to get there (nervous at the thought of attending my first meet)

Usually around opening. Meets are good, you'll enjoy it :)

fair enough anyone coming from the romford or close to there area I can probably offer you a lift (depending if my car sells by then or not )

I would like to go as it would be my first meet, but i would need accommodation (i would be traveling from just north of Nottingham), just wondering if anybody has any space in there room or would be willing to share a room with me.

I'll be there on the Saturday for Chessington, but unfortunately not the Sunday for Thorpe Park, because I have a far superior park to be at instead ;)

PHANTASIALAND, tbh. Kthxbai.

CHIAPAS.... Ooo Eeee Ahhh OIIII! ;)

Very much looking forward to getting back to Chessington with TS. Not been with the group since 2011! Should be a fun day :)

Just a reminder:

Accommodation at the Ibis Budget is currently £87.00 for 2 nights when paid online, or £97.00 on the pay-on-arrival rate. This suggests to me that the hotel is getting full, as it has risen a fair bit since I booked a month ago.

Don't forget it's the first England game of the World Cup on Saturday night, and Wetherspoons next door to the hotel will be showing it live!

:D

Dar said:
How busy do people expect Chessington to be for this?

It is difficult to say. Usually, it isn't too bad, as it isn't a holiday period and the park is closing at 5pm. That said, if there's a heat wave, I would expect crowds to pick up.

:)

I can only make the Sunday. Not really sure how I would get there either as Im working until really late Saturday and would need to be back fairly early Monday.