• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

The themed wonders of Phantasialand, Europa and DLP are me!

The whole thing is for me! Really can't wait, four new parks and EP!

;D

I know this is a little late now, but does anyone know if there are any free spaces in cars for getting to and from Tripsdrill? Elly Richards has decided she'd like to join the group going but wasn't sure about asking as she'd rather not pester anyone. :p

Finally settled into the daily routine after getting back yesterday.

Highlights:

• The flight over to Germany passing incredibly quickly
  • Arriving at Hotel Bell Rock and being captivated immediately
  • The unofficial welcoming in Spirit of St Louis upon arrival
  • Sam's miniature guided tour of the resort whilst heading to Alcazar
  • The view from Buena Vista's boudoir
  • The atmosphere - both from the meet and Europa Park
  • Finally experiencing Euro Mir's lift hill
  • Blue Fire
  • Wodan
  • Running down Wodan's closed queue line segments to obtain images of the superb theming
  • Feeling fully comfortable and a part of the group in a way I've never experienced before
  • Managing all the coasters on the first day
  • Boxy - Our seventh unofficial room member [who proceeded to consume Sammy]
  • Stashing stolen tea sets and beer glasses totaling up to around 100 euros inside of Boxy
  • The midnight photo run around the hotels with Alastair
  • Potentially being the first TSTer in bed with BigAl [sorry, Sam!]
  • E-Stopping a carousel
  • Everything

Lowlights:
  • Obviously, not having the funds to attend the full Junket
  • Perhaps opting not to do Tripsdrill, however this third day was well spent at Europa
  • A certain incident in the Wodan queue line...
  • Far too many clumsy and self stupidity moments plaguing the trip for myself
  • Not getting to ride Bench

Normally, I keep my albums from theme parks to geeks only on Facebook, however this time I've kept them as public simply so everyone who hasn't been can witness how truly stunning Europa Park is. They can be viewed here and here.

I will eventually get round to publishing a trip report [which should be fun considering I also have a Contribute article to write as well].

With all the continuous praise and positive VIBES given off by practically everyone on this forum who has visited Europa, the thought that has persistently been kept at the front of my mind is "is it really that good?". The simple answer is yes.

This meet has given me the opportunity to explore a foreign land blessed with incredible and astonishing detail at every corner. Every little nook and cranny has been intensely thought about in the planning stages and it goes to show. The raving that everyone who has been to Europa Park before does is fully justified, and I'm glad I am finally able to join those who give this place the praise it deserves. It is literally the most beautiful theme park I have ever been to, standing quite tall and proud in my eyes over the offerings in Orlando. The staff themselves are in a truly different league, offering an unrivaled premium service at every corner in the resort. The woman on the check in desk remained more than helpful and heavily informative throughout our stay, and the operations on park themselves are unbelievable. I'll cover this more in depth in my trip report, but overall I am so thrilled to have finally been able to visit Europa Park.

The trip of course simply wouldn't have been what it was without every attendee. I literally can't thank everyone enough for upholding my excitement in the months, weeks and days prior to flying out to Germany. I can't thank Amy enough for taking the burden of sorting the shuttle out for us [which we could have actually avoided paying for on the return trip, but our driver was a fantastic guy anyway]. The biggest thanks has to go out to Dan for every little general question and helpfulness in planning the trip, and also for being on hand to unofficially welcome me to such a memorable place and occasion. Sam also has to have a thanks for being the outstanding person of building excitement in the run up to the trip as well as the excursion up to the boudoir in Buena Vista. I will happily take that astounding view to the grave with me.

And the biggest thanks has to go to Al, Alastair, Elly, Kim and Russ for being there every step of the way through the planning, booking and finally experiencing Europa Park for the first time as a group, as well as for seemingly being able to put up with my antics overall.

This has by far been the best meet I have attended since my first meet in August 2012, and certainly will not be my last trip abroad and of course, to Europa Park, with all of you. Thank you.

I really can't add much more to the above. I was initially skeptical about how much I would enjoy the park due to its lack of real standout rides, however I couldn't have been proven more wrong. The hotels are frankly masterpieces, every single detail has been thought through and they are immaculate in every respect. We stayed in Bell Rock, admittedly the newest, however numerous walks through the other hotels revealed them to be just as immersive and high-quality.

The park itself is equally stunning, immensely themed and with ride operation that is probably unrivaled anywhere else in the world. It's incredibly difficult to choose my favourite coaster as Blue Fire is so enjoyable, however it has to go to Wodan for it's ridiculous speed and aggressiveness throughout the layout - similar reasons to why Nemesis is my number 1 coaster of all time.

The only complaints I can have are of the dark rides in the park. Admittedly, having visited Florida I may have been spoilt in that respect, however it seemed to be generally agreed that they were on the whole of a low standard in comparison with the rest of the park's offerings.

Massive thanks to everyone who organised, particularly Dan and Dave who got me onto the (insane) Tripsdrill behind the scenes tour despite me not actually getting to the park until 1pm. Thanks to Will G for the lift to Holiday Park, where I spent 2 hours reveling in the vile operations of Expedition GeForce which is most certainly not the best coaster in the world. And thanks to all my roommates; Danny, Kim, Al, Ellie, and Russ for being, well, great roommates!

Definitely won't be the last trip I do abroad, next stop will hopefully be Liseberg! :)

Only keeping this short, but basically..

Thank you so much to everyone for making me feel most welcome on what I would consider my first main meet with the group. Europa Park is an incredible place, and experiencing it with a bunch of people with so much excitement and enthusiasm for the place made it so much more special for me. I also want to thank Al, Alistair, Elly & Russ for being great roommates - much entertainment was certainly provided! Lastly, I want to thank Danny for encouraging me to embark on this visit with you all - I really had such an amazing time, and would happily attend more meets in the future :)

Why oh why has it gone by so quickly?! :( I wanna be back!

Had a fantabulous time though! Great laughs had by all! :)

It was such an incredible holiday, can't believe that it is over now! I'll hopefully post a full trip report at some point over the weekend but for now thanks everyone for such a wonderful time!

:)

Really fell privileged and honed to have been a part of this trip

Well I've not done a proper meet report for a while so here goes!

This was without doubt my favourite meet in over 5 years of going on meets. There were some brilliant new parks and rides, the beauty of Europa Park and the best company you could ask for. Thankfully we had some pretty good weather as well!

Highlights:

- Being back at EP, my second visit ensured that it overtook BGW as my number 1 theme park.
- Wodan running so much better than when it opened, our last ride at the end of a warm day on Tuesday was quite something.
- EGF - WOW! I think this is my new number 1 steel coaster (doesn't beat El Toro)
- Troy being better then I could ever imagine, especially on the front row. My new number 2 woodie.
- Toverland as a whole, such a lovely park. The new Magic Valley area is sublime.
- Tripsdrill being just as authentic as I'd imagined :p
- Walking across live coaster track, being instructed to stand in between moving theming object, and then seeing a train full of very confused guests come by, so surreal!
- The complete lack of H&S on the Tripsdrill behind the scenes: "this is perfectly safe, just do as I say and you won't die" ;D
- EINWILDWASSERBAHN
- Somehow driving into some roadworks late at night in Speyer!
- Better than E.G.F!!!
- That hilarious ride on Fjord Rafting!
- All of the lovely food ;D
- Friday night at Silver Lake Saloon, utterly hilarious! Steven Bailey, the performer, was outstanding!
- The rest of that night, going for one drink but in the end getting rather pissed!
- Hotel Bell Rock being better than I expected.
- Spirit of St Louis Club Sandwich, yum! ;D
- The hilariously bad dark ride at Nigloland, so bad it was good!
- Re-ride at the end of the day on Alpina Blitz!
- Gertensau! ;)
- Working out that I spent over €150 on alcohol!
- Food Loop! ;D
- Lottie in the Colosseo fountains on the Friday night! :p
- Dan falling dead when he turned 30!
- Seeing the Helix POV! ;D
- So much more that I can't think of right now!

Lowlights:

- Having to go home :(
- And that really is it in terms of lowlights!

A massive thanks to Russell and Saz for driving our car all over the place! And thanks to Russell, Saz and Lottie for being great room mates! Thanks to Dan for organising the behind the scenes at Tripsdrill as well as all of the effort he's put into the whole trip. And thanks you everyone who was there and made it such a wonderful time!

;D

I had a fantastic time on the meet, despite my many aches and pains that prevented me from having as much fun as everybody else, and it's so hard to believe it's flown by already (like Oz'Iris)! If my memory allows leverage for it, then I may just dedicate my own trip report topic to talking about my newbie nature at Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Nigloland and Parc Asterix, seeing as I can't remember writing about Europa Park back in 2012.

My decent-to-best photos of (almost) every park have appeared on Flickr now, so feel free to browse!

Phantasialand
Europa-Park (begin @ EuroSat and Euro Tower)
Nigloland
Parc Asterix
Disneyland Paris (begin @ it's a small world)

TRIPSDRILL PAYMENTS

Please note, payment of £30.50pp needs to be sent to me by Friday, 2nd May.

I have sent a Facebook message out to as many participants as I can but if you have not received this, please contact me directly, via private message or via Facebook.

Thank you all!

Payments acknowledged as follows:

Rob
Lottie
Russell
Jon
DanB
Joelio
Cheese
Jordan
JoshT
Sam G
Russ M
Alex M
Mattmash
Diogo
Hils
Alastair

+ 2 people who have transferred over but their names are not showing on the account.

There are still around 6 people who have not yet paid.

Please do so as soon as you can, as I need to send the payment this weekend.

But they only confirmed payment ammount on no of people who turned up on the the day, so he couldn't ask for payment before hand.

Tom.B said:
I'm surprised you didn't ask for payment before the trip, Astro.

This was not possible. The park invoiced me following the event.

In any case, I trust everyone who was there!

I won't do a massive meet report or anything, but I would just like to say thanks to everyone who came on the meet and made it so good! I had a really nice time and it was so good to be back at Europa with very nice weather once again! I will have to return very soon. I also enjoyed Tripsdrill and the behind the scenes tours, could you imagine anything like that in the UK for the price we paid? It was a very nice park and I really liked it. I also had a good time at Holiday park and it was much better than some people said it was.