• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's Mayhem (CBeebies) Meet: Saturday, 24th May 2014

Contemplating this now as previous BH plans have fallen through... will be able to confirm by the weekend. So tempting....

Very much doubt my attendance to this as I'd have to leave early, got other plans in the evening.
Have fun! :)

Will be there Saturday.
Dave P and I are going to Blackpool on the Sunday if anyone is interested in joining us?

We are stopping at the Holiday Inn in Warrington on the Saturday though as the Rugeley TL on Sat night is now £95. We will be stopping at Rugeley TL on Sunday night, and going to Towers again on BH Monday.

Will Dean's Meetup Hotline be returning for this meet?

If not, if I met you at Opening, would it be possible for you to PM me your number so I can find y'all?

Thanks,
Tom

I will not be going, my Sun deal tickets are for the day before. and the wife wont understand me and the daughter having two straight day there.

I should be attending on the Saturday, just thought I would pop in here to see if anyone could possible give me a lift to the park from Uttox station in the morning?

I would be very grateful and will pay petrol money. :)

If anyone could offer me a lift to/from Stoke and somewhere to sleep I can be there both days, otherwise I'll drive and just do Saturday.

Considering CBoobies Land will be wedged on Saturday, will we be taking advantage of the ERT we get with it or not? Personally I think it's a good idea to, but I won't split up from the group if everyone else is popping off to Oblivion!

I think we will most certainly be doing ERT on Saturday, as the plan is to meet at Splash for 8.30, so we will be on park for 9am.

djtruefitt said:
I think we will most certainly be doing ERT on Saturday, as the plan is to meet at Splash for 8.30, so we will be on park for 9am.

What I meant was, will we be doing CBeebies in ERT?

Tom.B said:
djtruefitt said:

As a group no, plans around when we will look around CBeebies will be announced ASAP.

Dave said:
Tom.B said:
djtruefitt said:

As a group no, plans around when we will look around CBeebies will be announced ASAP.

Awesome, was just wondering!

Just a quick reminder for anyone interested in going; Myself and Dave P will also be going to Mandyland on Sunday and will be back at Towers on the Monday.

Weather's not looking too great for Saturday, but Monday is looking quite reasonable. :)

Important information for those attending on Saturday

As you'd expect, CBeebies Land is set to be quite busy come opening day tomorrow. As it's aimed primarily at small children, we've had discussions as a team about having such a large group of us head into the area on opening day. I'm sure you'll agree this is one for the kids, and queues will already be large enough without us adding to the crowds.

Because of this, we've been working with the resort (thanks Dan!) to try and work out a way of allowing members to see CBeebies Land without contributing to the crowds. We're pleased that Alton Towers have kindly allowed us and some other enthusiast groups to have a wander around once the park is closed and guests have vacated CBeebies Land. This will be a walkabout only, and rides won't be open, but it will give you an opportunity to get photos etc if you wish.

The timing of this is quite fluid, as its dependent on how busy the park and CBeebies Land is. We'll keep those attending the meet updated on the day as best we can, and if necessary pop some posts in here and/or on Twitter and Facebook to communicate meeting times for the walkabout.

A polite request
I know some of you will want to head into CBeebies Land during the day and head on the rides, and obviously that's absolutely fine. However, considering the low throughput of the rides, we would strongly suggest those who want to go in smaller groups in order to be considerate to other guests. I'm sure you'll agree, seeing such a large group of adults/teenagers queueing for kiddy rides would leave a sour taste in many a parent's mouth when their child is having to wait a lot longer thanks to our rabble :p.

Many thanks on behalf of myself and the rest of the team to Astrodan and Alton Towers for making this happen, and if anyone has any questions please feel free to shout up either in the topic or drop me a message :).

This sounds absolutely brilliant! Thanks to the team for organising it! I have a few questions though:

a) Will we be going in at 6 as that's when the park closes?
b) How long will we have in there?
c) Which other enthusiast groups will be in there?

In theory the walkabout should take place at ride close - however due to the fact it is likely to be busy, we haven't stated a time yet. When we are told tomorrow somebody will post a message on here as well as on social media to get the message out.

And the Tom.B forecast for tomorrow is:

Rain, both heavy and light all day, with lows of 10º and highs of 13º.