• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's Mayhem (CBeebies) Meet: Saturday, 24th May 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TST's Mayhem (CBeebies) Meet - Saturday, 24th May 2014
Venue: Alton Towers Resort
TST+: Sunday at Alton Towers Resort

The time has come for the opening of Alton Towers' latest development - CBeebies Land! And TowersStreet will be holding their Mayhem Official Meet at the resort on Saturday, 24th May 2014 - with a meeting point of 8:30am at Splash Landings Hotel!

Due to the opening of CBeebies Land, much of the immediate accommodation within 30 minutes of Alton Towers is either entirely full or more expensive than usual. We are therefore suggesting the Travelodge at Rugeley, which we also used in March. It is also located just 150 metres from Wetherspoons, ideal for an evening meal and drinks! Prices are currently £60 per room with up to 3 adults permitted per room. We had hoped to use other accommodation closer to Alton Towers this time, but prices are in excess of £35 per person in most cases. However, do remember that this is officially only a one day meet - the accommodation is very much an extra for those wishing to stay!

We can't wait for this meet!

:)

Important information for those attending on Saturday

As you'd expect, CBeebies Land is set to be quite busy come opening day tomorrow. As it's aimed primarily at small children, we've had discussions as a team about having such a large group of us head into the area on opening day. I'm sure you'll agree this is one for the kids, and queues will already be large enough without us adding to the crowds.

Because of this, we've been working with the resort (thanks Dan!) to try and work out a way of allowing members to see CBeebies Land without contributing to the crowds. We're pleased that Alton Towers have kindly allowed us and some other enthusiast groups to have a wander around once the park is closed and guests have vacated CBeebies Land. This will be a walkabout only, and rides won't be open, but it will give you an opportunity to get photos etc if you wish.

The timing of this is quite fluid, as its dependent on how busy the park and CBeebies Land is. We'll keep those attending the meet updated on the day as best we can, and if necessary pop some posts in here and/or on Twitter and Facebook to communicate meeting times for the walkabout.

A polite request
I know some of you will want to head into CBeebies Land during the day and head on the rides, and obviously that's absolutely fine. However, considering the low throughput of the rides, we would strongly suggest those who want to go in smaller groups in order to be considerate to other guests. I'm sure you'll agree, seeing such a large group of adults/teenagers queueing for kiddy rides would leave a sour taste in many a parent's mouth when their child is having to wait a lot longer thanks to our rabble :p.

Many thanks on behalf of myself and the rest of the team to Astrodan and Alton Towers for making this happen, and if anyone has any questions please feel free to shout up either in the topic or drop me a message :).

I shall be there, probably just for the one day I'd imagine! Should be an interesting day to say the least!

:)

Well it'll be a slight come down seeing you all at Towers again rather than Europa :p And for that reason, I can't really justify doing two days and will only be doing the Saturday.

Ewwww I'd rather be on EGF but I'm unsure yet whether I'm there

I need to confirm the time off with work but I don't see it being issue.

There's good potential that I'll turn up, more out of sosche than out of wanting to visit Towers, we'll see :)

Sorry, forgot to say I'll only be there on the Saturday!

Can't wait!

Edit: Are we gonna be staying in CBoobies Land all day or will we actually be doing some rides?

I will be there for the Saturday only, as I am working Sunday!

And no Tom we certainly won't be in CBeebies Land all day (Well I bloody well hope not!):p

djtruefitt said:
I will be there for the Saturday only, as I am working Sunday!

And no Tom we certainly won't be in CBeebies Land all day (Well I bloody well hope not!):p

Thank god for that!

After having a sneaky peak of CBeebies yesterday my interest has piqued and I'd quite like to see the finished product so I'll be there for the Saturday meet

Needless to say, count me in for the Saturday.
Had a really nice afternoon yesterday, regardless of the slightly lacklustre atmosphere, so hope for more of the same - be nice to see what the MAP fund's gone towards this year [unless we get merghed to death by hoardes of screaming kids!!] ;)

v WillG says 'thanks' to TomB for this post :p