• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TV Alerts Thread (Theme Parks)

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
So that people don't have to post a new topic every time the spot a TV show featuring a theme park (or anything or anyone associated with them) in the schedules, i though I'd start a topic for them. if you see a theme park-related TV show in the schedules, or hear about one, post it here if you think it might interest people!

First of all, Smiller crash survivor Vicky Balch will be appearing on Without Limits: Vietnam, where a group of physically disabled people embark on a 900-mile :eek: journey through Vietnam, on Thursday at 8pm on BBC One.
(i had the idea for this thread when i discovered the program in the schedules)

Last edited:
That sounds...interesting, will be interesting to see how the program dances around the crash and how potentially out of place she could be amongst the rest of the (for lack of a better word) contestants.

Guess this explains her lack of Daily Fail articles then if she was filming this.

Just watched the programme on catch-up, and thought it was pretty good actually! Will definitely be watching he next episodes.
EDIT: episode 2 is on tonight! (8pm, BBC One)

Last edited:
Ok I might sound harsh here but herar me out.

What’s happened to her is inexcusable so let’s make that clear to start with. I feel for her and her struggles and do not wish to be little her injuries in anyway.

But....is it just me or does she seem to be cashing in on this to become some sort of celebrity? Honestly she is everywhere constantly. And constantly mentioning the accident ( I know that’s her ‘thing’ but it is constant)

If this was me I would not want to be talking about it constantly being in the spotlight constantly knowing that all people are really looking at us the injury.

I am amazed that as part of any settlement Merlin didn’t try to gag her to put an end to this. I am equally as amazed that she hasn’t thought to her self ‘enough is enough, time to move on’

I am sorry if my comments have upset anyone it’s not my intention just merely my views on this.

The other lady has got it right with courting the media. She seems to be sorting out the massive changes in her everyday life.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

This isn't a new TV show, but does anyone remember the Sky News interview with Nick Varney following the Smiler incident in June 2015? Well, it's apparently the 10th most complained about TV moment of the 2010s according to Ofcom: https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-12-18/most-complained-about-tv-moments-decade-ofcom/

Yes, I think most people who are enthusiasts will remember that interview quite well. Kay Burley was being very unnecessarily hostile. The interview was doing the rounds on social media and most agreed that she was well out of order.

I watched on Channel five last night "How the Victorians built Britain" Series 2 Episode 4 (The Great British Holiday).

This episode was an insight on how the Victorians transformed Blackpool from nothing to what it is today, including the piers, Illuminations, Trams and Blackpool Tower. Unfortunately no mention of the Pleasure Beach. I found it an interesting watch

Can watch on catch up on My5

https://www.my5.tv/how-the-victoria...-britain-b343a6b6-451f-4e6c-9ed5-2560bed6a3e1

I was surprised to see Alton Towers featured on The One Show today. I normally turn it off as soon as it starts but luckily tonight I didn't as there was a nice feature about Alton Towers. It shows some of the stuff they've been doing during lockdown.

You can find it on catch up for the next 29 days:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jz8p/the-one-show-12062020

Go to 6 minutes to see footage of Nemesis, Wicker Man and Sharkbait Reef plus the hotels.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with coasters, but one of the best telly films in years.
Marvelous.
BBC2 9pm.
Or catch up.
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Neil Baldwin twice - he’s friends with people from my church - and that drama is 100% accurate. He’s incredibly charming, and has a wonderful singing voice. Oh, and the second time I met him was at a wedding, so I can technically say I’ve been at a wedding with a BAFTA award winner.