• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ULEZ

What about living in an area of a city you are not allowed to leave? You can’t travel to see family. Can’t go up to Alton.

Some think it’s fear mongering, but all the cameras are there, the restrictions are coming in slowly, China has been doing it for a while now and the world saw just hope they locked down particular zones with brutality during covid.
You've been hoodwinked by a fraudulent, false, far-right conspiracy theory.

Because ULEZ isn’t about reducing emissions. It’s just another way for the councils to raise funds. Glasgow is the only true ULEZ area where non compliant vehicles are actually banned or face a large fine for driving in to the centre.

Conspiracy - whatever Dave, time will tell but you can’t deny peoples freedoms and privacy are constantly being eroded. How anyone thinks being charged £70 to cross from one city zone to another is not an erosion of freedoms I don’t know….. thats not conspiracy by the way - that’s what’s happening in Oxford come 2040.

Craig has outlined exactly the way the Oxford system works and in doing so has exposed how you have been hoodwinked by conspiracy theories. The facts have to be distorted so hard to get to where you want it to be, that it stretches credulity to assume that is the plan.

It’s also clear your obsession with taking all these factors and putting them onto the shoulders of a political party that hasn’t been in power for 13 years means your information is coming from a biased source (by all means you can not like Labour but you can’t put legislative blame on a party that currently has no power to legislate).

And just to reiterate this Khan absolutely supports ULEZ but let’s all remember BORIS JOHNSON CREATED ULEZ AND GRANT SHAPPS A TORY MINISTER INSISTED ULEZ WAS EXTENDED TO GET COVID FUNDING!!!

Ulez = tax the poor the rich wont pay as they have nice compliant new cars
The actual poor use the bus, they can't even afford a car. That being said its very easy to find a cheap petrol car that is compliant.

Because ULEZ isn’t about reducing emissions. It’s just another way for the councils to raise funds. Glasgow is the only true ULEZ area where non compliant vehicles are actually banned or face a large fine for driving in to the centre.
TfL expect in two years there will be little or no income from ULEZ as older cars stop being driven, its not designed to make money.

and on 15 minutes cities, my house is effectly one now, Sainsbury's is a 15 minute walk, doctors/dentist 10-15 minutes, town centre shops 15-20, railway station 15 minutes, park 15 minutes, pubs 15 minutes. But my house has a driveway for two cars and there is no restriction in using them. So we do use the car for big shopping trips or for going out of town, but whenever possible I walk to the town centre (saves on pay and display parking), I walk to the supermarket and walk to the dentist. Keeps me fit and saves petrol. Everyone should be able to walk to primary school and some form of shop.

Last edited:
Jealous of today's kids who have the powered bike/scooter/monocycle/skateboard options.
Lucky, er, flippers.