• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Anyone else find it downright wrong that the train shed of "Kings Cross" is nowhere near the station frontage, and not in line with it? There must be a seriously massive queue between the two buildings.
I noticed that myself but I don't mind as long as the interior is themed accordingly (which it no doubt will be) including the typical train station shops and all. ;)

I'd much rather them do this than them having a queue snaking out of the entrance ruining the 'London' area.

I noticed that myself but I don't mind as long as the interior is themed accordingly (which it no doubt will be) including the typical train station shops and all. ;)

I'd much rather them do this than them having a queue snaking out of the entrance ruining the 'London' area.

If there isn't a Pret or Eat in the area I'll be bitterly disappointed...

Yes! - just watching it and I was thinking exactly the same.

On another note, I'm not bothered about the dragon, it looks pretty good and the effects will be great, a real WOW (for everyone apart from potter purists.)

I love seeing all of the behind the scenes stuff shown from Ariel images/that video - Many hours have been spent on google maps trying to figure out the layouts etc.

The dragon just looks ridiculously amazing! It is interesting to see all the behind the scenes stuff as well, the tops of some of the buildings are littered with CCTV cameras!

:)

Just seen this screenshot over on TPR from the latest aerial footage of Diagon Alley:

thumb_image_5405.jpg

It shows what appears to be part of the queue for Gringotts (maybe extensions I'm not sure). It doesn't exactly keep you immersed in the theme of the area! Looks like one heck of a cattle pen.

It would also be interesting to know what the capacity of the area is going to be. It's obviously all going to be rather compact and the general concensus seems to be that the streets are narrower than Hogsmeade. I'd imagine it will be hell for a while after it first opens!

Also, the media/VIP preview of Diagon Alley is taking place this week so we may see or hear a few more bits and bobs.

That is indeed the extension for Gringotts, however only to be used when the guest figures are enormous. It'll likely be used for the opening period and then ultimately, never seen again. It's a slightly better option than having people winding across the entire park.

Remember they're doing timed entry - so you have to get a ticket when you arrive at USO and it'll tell you what time you can enter Diagon Alley.

That could still potentially cause problems. I doubt they can actually force people to leave the area so if more people than they expect decide to stay in the area longer than anticipated it could remain at capacity and people may not get in at their set time. I'd imagine that there will be a queue to get in one way or another.

Anyway, here is a photo Universal have posted showing the start of the media preview:

10492207_10152206460552852_852798439459722789_n.jpg

The street isn't actually that long but making it get narrower as you get further down creates a really nice effect to make it seem longer and focus on Gringotts.

EDIT:

It has apparently been announced on the Today Show over in the States that it will all open on Tuesday July 8th. So still a little while to go.

Last edited:
And a photo of Gringotts for good measure:

10494535_917608388253038_118061965082237218_n.png

Photo from CoasterLive Official Facebook page

That dragon just looks better every time I see it!

And one with fire for the hell of it:
BqXYuEWCMAMutjR.jpg

From bioreconstruct on Twitter

A better picture from down below by Orlando Informer:

Bqa2uqZCAAEPTNk.jpg

Are we sure it moves? I'm guessing if it does it must just be the head maybe? I haven't seen it in any different position since the scaffolding was removed.

Last edited:
The original plan was to have the majority of the thing moving, however due to the problems they supposedly encountered with it [hence the late installation] it wouldn't surprise me if the movement was now restricted to just the head. It looks bloody epic regardless spitting out the fire though!

July is a little later than I imagined, and no doubt there will be a lot of disappointed people who are visiting around the end of June if they don't get to experience the softs. At least everyone I'm aware of on here will be in plentiful time to experience it (and yes, I'm sick with jealousy at you lucky gits!)

It's a shame that this project has come to an end as I've thoroughly enjoyed following it. At least King Kong is already well on the way ;)

It would also be interesting to know what the capacity of the area is going to be. It's obviously all going to be rather compact and the general concensus seems to be that the streets are narrower than Hogsmeade. I'd imagine it will be hell for a while after it first opens!

Apparently (and the same goes for Hogsmeade) JK Rowling insists that the streets should appear narrow so that they feel as they are described in the books.

Here's a collection of photos I've come across on Twitter after searching Diagon Alley. All from multiple sources:

Bqa6SxACUAAnWxT.jpg

BqbG5OmCMAIVpjD.jpg:large

BqbG5olCQAA-Rad.jpg:large

BqbG5Z3CQAAlcV4.jpg:large

BqbGfX6CIAAF3Ks.jpg

Bqb5MigCMAATi5K.jpg:large

BqcGt7FCUAEN66R.jpg

Just wow! Universal please take my money now!