• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Singapore

I'm in Singapore for the day next Friday, technically i have enough time to go here but i can't find any indication of what queue times will be like. Any ideas? Does look like there's single rider on several attractions.

Appreciate this is a thread from almost 10 years ago :tearsofjoy:

I went this year around April and the operations were atrocious. Every ride on 2hr plus queues and massively oversold fast track. Only got on three rides.

I wouldn’t visit again.

I went this year around April and the operations were atrocious. Every ride on 2hr plus queues and massively oversold fast track. Only got on three rides.

I wouldn’t visit again.

Yikes, well that doesn't sound good. Was hoping November might be a quiet period but have no idea if it's seasonal over there.

Yikes, well that doesn't sound good. Was hoping November might be a quiet period but have no idea if it's seasonal over there.
For what its worth; I visited this year on a Wednesday in September and queues weren't too bad (I don't think we waited over an hour for anything) but operations still weren't great on the coasters, including 1 train ops on the Vekoma dueling coasters and the Vekoma family coaster (not sure how many cars Mummy was running, but it was only using one side of the station).
On the other hand, Transformers was a walk-on for our two rides and the Sesame Street dark ride had a pretty short queue as well.

For what its worth; I visited this year on a Wednesday in September and queues weren't too bad (I don't think we waited over an hour for anything) but operations still weren't great on the coasters, including 1 train ops on the Vekoma dueling coasters and the Vekoma family coaster (not sure how many cars Mummy was running, but it was only using one side of the station).
On the other hand, Transformers was a walk-on for our two rides and the Sesame Street dark ride had a pretty short queue as well.

Thanks. I'd only be able to get 3-4 hours max so sounds quite risky. Might just decide on the day. Shame there seems to be no way to view live queue times.

Update, i downloaded the app and it has queue times, they don't seem bad today but all the outdoor rides have storm icons next to them which presumably means they are currently closed due to the weather?

Are there any single rider lines? Worst case if i can get a few goes on The Mummy and Transformers regardless of the weather that probably seems worth doing (i'm from the UK so we don't have any high end Dark Rides).

I'm pretty sure I did see signs for SRQs on a couple of rides, but I was with a group so I couldn't tell you which rides have them or how long they were.

Ah thanks anyway. I found an old TripAdvisor post from the park saying they have some so hopefully still the case. Heading in today, it's raining, i've been up all night and i only have 3 hours but i'm sure it'll be fine :grimacing:

Had a pretty awesome few hours!

Got there early and they let people in at 1045am despite 11am advertised opening and the rides were running. Massive line so i was a bit worried about how it was going to pan out but i got on pretty much everything in the first hour! After that it got really busy so squeezed in one re-ride on The Mummy which was my favourite.

Transformers was very cool, technically impressive. Think it's similar to the Spiderman ride i went on about 10 years ago in terms of system? Little rough at times (running theme of the day). Was also very glad to be walking through the absolutely gigantic queue line.

The Mummy was awesome. Dark Ride and Rollercoaster combinations are my favourite kind. Was reminiscent of Thirteen but with vastly higher production values. Sudden braking was a little rough was my only gripe.

Jurassic Park was nice enough, though the animatronics looked a bit dated. Good long ride though and the final drop was quite novel. Got absolutely drenched too.

The Jurassic canopy was ok, quite short and would have preferred to have gone forwards rather than backwards. That one had a 20 minute queue so tried the single rider, the staff at the entrance warned me that there was no guarantee of time which i accepted.... then walked straight on!

Actually that was another thing, every ride having staff members at entrances to enforce passes/check bags or just generally answer questions was bliss. And somewhat compensated for the lacklustre ride operations.

Puss in Boots was a cute and novel rollercoaster.

Shrek was my first 4D cinema, was pretty fun. The 3D worked really well and some cool effects. The seats bouncing during one section was horrendous though.

Sesame Street was a lovely little Dark Ride, all looked very authentic.

The only major thing i didn't go on was Human/Cyclon. The queue times were always 40 minutes and upwards plus they had this bizarre system where you HAD to first put your phone in a locker so that was another queue. Just felt like it was going to eat into my time too much but Transformers, Mummy and Jurassic Park were what i was there for.

Overall it's a lovely little park. Great theming, facilities everywhere, water fountains in queues even! They're currently building a new Minions section but couldn't see anything. Does feel like they need another big ride/area, especially if this was what a quiet day is like. Definitely glad i got there for opening.