• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Singapore

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
Universal_Studios_Singapore_logo.png

I could have sworn that there was already a Universal Studios Singapore topic! :p

Anyway, to kick this topic off, Luke & the Temple of Fun has shared some images of the new 2013 Sesame Street ride:

DSC03336+Chop.jpg

DSC03336.JPG

Spaghetti Space Chase ftw! :p

Two big updates from Screamscape here:

Early 2013 - Sesame Street: Spaghetti Space Chase - (2/19/13) Resorts World Sentosa has released an official preview video for Sesame Street: Spaghetti Space Chase which confirms the March 1st grand opening date and gives you some new views of other areas of the attraction. One such view is of the loading station which shows that the cars are continuously in motion and use a moving walkway to load guests onto the moving cars, which is good for keeping up the throughput numbers. They also mention that when the ride opens, the park will also put on a street carnival, thought I’m not sure how long this will last.
Come on down to Sesame Street at Universal Studios Singapore!

(2/18/13) The passholder preview rides on the Spaghetti Space Chase took place and Dejiki was on hand to take a spin and post a detailed report on the newest Universal dark ride experience. While the ride wont officially open until March 2013, it is expected to soft open for park guests frequently between now and then. As such, keep in mind that the passholder preview rides were also part of a “Technical Rehearsal” and certain effects or features of the attraction may not have been working yet.
Once your done with Dejiki, a second review of the ride and all new pictures have been posted over at Luke & The Temple of Fun. Below that I have embedded two slightly different ride POV videos showing off the ride experience itself. One has better audio than the other, while the other has a better view of certain scenes in the ride, so it’s a good idea to view both.
Universal Studios Singapore - Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase (GOPRO 3)
Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase POV

Still loving the name of the Sesame Street ride! :p

Sentosa Theme Park is reporting that there has been a 25% fall in attendance at the park. Both them and Screamscape are wondering if it's partly due to a lack of larger attractions for teens and adults.

Might we be seeing something big arrive in the next couple of years?

A Puss in Boots themed custom Zamperla Volare appears to be being built....

20140729_pussinboots_USS.jpg

Mmmmmmmm....

It's meant to be a family suspended coaster rather than a flyer but will utilise the same lift system that's used on Volare coasters.

Hang on, Universal are building a Zamperla!? Florida is clearly getting the superior budgets! :p

They just look like an oil refinery in my opinion.

big.jpg

I found them interesting at first, now I just find them vile looking things.

As you may or may not know, the Battlestar Galactica dueling Vekoma coasters have been closed for well over a year following an unknown but serious incident. There were rumours earlier in the year that Universal planned to remove the coasters, however these appear wide of the mark. Well after docoments needed for the ride to re-open were submitted last month, it has now begun testing again:
Screamscape said:
Universal Studios Singapore has begun testing the Battlestar Galactica coaster once again, ahead of the planned reopening for the ride later this year. You can catch a video of the Cylon side testing once again below and as the train passes over the camera, you can see that the train has been modified to only seat 2-across instead of the old 4-across seating configuration from before.

It sounds like the sit down trains have also been modified and are possibly 3 across rather than 4.

:)

The problems with this pair of coasters have been a real shame. When they were new it looked like Vekoma could finally deliver thrill hardware as well engineered as their newer junior and family coasters, and I imagined small European parks that couldn't afford B&Ms spending within their means on four-across looping coasters. The fact that no others have been sold when they should have been a massive improvement on Vekoma's old inside-wheelset muck is rather telling.

It has been confirmed that Battlestar Galactica will re-open in early 2015. Here is the concept of the new trains:

bsg-ride-vehicle-rwscoop.jpg

Nicely gone and halved the capacity there. Here is what the sit down trains looked like before:

thumb_p1110060.jpg

It has been confirmed that Battlestar Galactica will re-open in early 2015. Here is the concept of the new trains:

Nicely gone and halved the capacity there.

The concept of having the same trains with two less seats either side?

Something pretty nasty must have happened on that ride because the ride width appears very similar if not the same.

SURELY they wouldn't have had them running too close together? They have those big spacer things whatever they're called.

Seems bizarre this.

It's clear that something serious has happened or was happening as it has been closed for so long but no-one really knows what. Chances are we will never actually find out/

It's clear that something serious has happened or was happening as it has been closed for so long but no-one really knows what. Chances are we will never actually find out/

It's unusual to be able to keep something like that so quiet. That no one has come out and said anything, especially in today's social media generation, is really extraordinary.

It's unusual to be able to keep something like that so quiet. That no one has come out and said anything, especially in today's social media generation, is really extraordinary.

Considering that a fair few incidents don't get reported in the widespread media (or social media), it's not that surprising...

Especially as I think the incident may have happened out of park hours, it's been so long since it closed I've forgotten...

Battlestar Galactica is set to re-open today. Here is a video of it in action again: