VIP Experiences

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alastair, 6th Sep 2013.

1. JAMMYD778

JAMMYD778 TowersStreet Member

Interesting that they're now offering lift hill walks as added extras, similar to Thorpe.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    The added extras, apart from the lift hill walks, are available if you book a room in the hotels, so it seems to make sense to have these as extras for the VIP Experiences.

3. James

James TS Founding Member

Doing rough workings out you save a decent amount with each package. The theme park and platinum packages are the best value ones, saving around £9-10*. Worst value is gold package - I worked out you only save £3.50*! Okay it's still £3.50 but hardly anything to jump up about.

The Platinum+ package is insane though, £200 it costs! I wonder how many people actually buy these packages... - I wonder too how much lift hill walks cost as add-ons.

* Workings out based on on-the-days prices and using a 2for1 voucher to enter the park, since 90% or more of guests use 2for1s.

4. KingNemesis

KingNemesis TowersStreet Member

The £50pp lift walk is interesting if they offer this as a stand alone price as I personally would be interested. Just something that would be interesting. Although I don't know which ride I would do... That's the difference between the thorpe and towers walks.

I can down right say I would do Swarm at Thorpe but Towers... I love all of the rides you can walk up (Apart from air as all you would see is tree and personally I hate the ride, I mean you would see just tree with Nemesis but... it's Nemesis!)

5. thefatone

thefatone TowersStreet Member

If you think all you can see from those lifthills is tree, then you're very much mistaken!

(see ATA photos of air liftwalk from years ago)

6. KingNemesis

KingNemesis TowersStreet Member

It was a slightly sarcastic comment ;) I can imagine any of the lift walks would be impressive.

7. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Is it just me thinking that the added extras are extremely overpriced, even for Merlin? Most overpriced IMO are:

£15 for 5 balloons - you do the maths!
    £40 bouquet - ok, we don't know how big the bouquet will be, but £40? :eek:
    £8 for 250g of chocolates - 250g is not an awful lot, and considering you can get 100g of chocolate for £7 in HARROD'S, I think this is an awful lot!
    £10 for a single red rose. £10. £10 for a SINGLE red rose! 'Nuff said tbh.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    You'd be surprised at how expensive helium is.

9. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Interesting to see that they are offering lift walks like Thorpe. It's a shame that they are so ridiculously priced though at £50pp, that's surely going to put most people off. Especially considering we got a behind the scenes tour of Air including a lift walk for free a couple of years ago. You can get a full behind the scenes package at BGW including going to the top of Griffon for less than a single lift walk at Towers!

:)

10. Dean

Dean TowersStreet Member

I've been in discussion with Alton Towers about a Oblivion lift hill walk since the end of last season.

I think there is a minimum of 4 people that is required for the lift hill walk to go ahead, and as of today I've only got 3 people that's interested.

So if your interested please PM me, as I'm looking for one more person to join us walking up Oblivion, after park close on Sunday 23rd March.

The price will only be £50, even though the lift hill walks are an add on to one of the core packages, and depending how the experience goes for Oblivion, we may look into walking up Smiler also.

11. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    £50 is extortionate. Not interested.

12. Laura

Laura TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    blue fire Megacoaster
    If I was going to do a lift-hill walk it would need to be something really high above the ground. Obviously (as I've just politely had to tell someone on match.com!) the lift-hills are a similar height at Alton but they drop below ground level.

I might consider £50 for The Swarm but not for something half that height :(

13. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Alternatively, you could purposely make something go wrong on your ride of choice so that the ride has to be evacuated! You get it for free then! :p

But in all seriousness, £50 is quite a lot of money!

14. Dean

Dean TowersStreet Member

Thought I'd share a couple of photos, we took from our VIP experience last Sunday night.

I've seen most people mention the price is to expensive, but if it's something you have been wanting to do for a long time, then why not? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]