• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Water parks

Jb85

TS Member
looking for a good one to go to this weekend

Been to waterworld plenty of times - are the new rides open ?

Also - are there any others in the uk up to that standard

looking for a good one to go to this weekend

Been to waterworld plenty of times - are the new rides open ?

They open tomorrow, actually - despite the area around them not being finished:

Also - are there any others in the uk up to that standard

A brand new water park with six flumes - beset by a few delays - is due to open in the centre of Coventry later in the year:

https://thewavecoventry.com/

Sandcastle is a sugar or sh!te park.
Sugar in term time...been there with less than 100 in the place, decent little sauna suite now as well.
Only been once in the holidays...never again.
Absolutely rammed, you know how busy it is going to be when they bring the sweetie tub out to the queue outside!

Yes we were there a few weeks ago and it was at capacity, chaos but the kids enjoyed it. Unfortunately stuck to school holidays for a long time!

There's supposed to be one called Surf World being built in West Yorkshire (Castleford or Wakefield I think). No idea what the current status is though.

Last edited:
There's calypso cove in Barnsley which is apparently alright

Or there's Alpamare in Scarborough which is ok, but pricey and make sure you go when it's quiet or it can be quite cramped

There's calypso cove in Barnsley which is apparently alright

Or there's Alpamare in Scarborough which is ok, but pricey and make sure you go when it's quiet or it can be quite cramped
Yeah Calypso Cove is great, local to me. :)

I have often wondered why no one has decided to build an American style water park in a warehouse. With more focus on slides, action/lazy rivers and less of a "swimming pool with slides" approach.

It's difficult to make the numbers work with independent water parks, but if people are managing all credit to them.

Is there one in Rhyl still ? My child memories tell me there was a good one but I may be wrong

I have often wondered why no one has decided to build an American style water park in a warehouse. With more focus on slides, action/lazy rivers and less of a "swimming pool with slides" approach.

It's difficult to make the numbers work with independent water parks, but if people are managing all credit to them.

Somone did that 30 years ago on the Kent/Essex border, it was called fantaseas (can you see what they did there?!), and it was incredible. I practically lived there as a kid.

Unfortunately they built it on an old rubbish tip and as the rubbish compacted and rotted away underneath the building fell to prices above, then someone died in the companies other pool in London finishing them financially so it all folded. A real shame.

I've not been there since the late 90's, so things may have changed a lot, but I remember a place called Splashdown in Poole being rather epic.

I went to Sandcastle on Friday and yeah it was pretty rammed, but I still enjoyed it.

I think the London area badly needs one. I know people who really like them and I think one could be successful.

Somone did that 30 years ago on the Kent/Essex border, it was called fantaseas (can you see what they did there?!), and it was incredible. I practically lived there as a kid

The one in Dartford? I remember it and yea was awesome, until the pool level was uneven! It was left for a while whilst it was sinking. Cascades down in Gravesend was the other option (still going I believe).

They've built on that land since. No new water park but instead got..........more housing