• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome - New members introduce yourself here!

You should reassure them that Hex isn't actually scary, it's just a brilliant (ish) experience! Assure them there's nothing that jumps out at you!

Tom.B what I find most annoying is that they have both been on it more than once but last year something spooked them and that's it now. Has also stopped them from going on Duel and they hate the Haunted Hollow. One of them was also disturbed exploring the Towers yet they will both go on 13! Can't understand them.
Thanks for the welcome Tom and Joel.:)

Tell them what it was was probably someone trying to be funny because quite a lot of people do like to sneak up on people on hex. If it is someone that is doing it just because it's dark and on random people it's not as funny as when it's people on here and family. At least you know what to expect from people on here. (I'm looking at you @Joel I've heard about you in hex ;))

Oh anyways haii to the new members!​

Last edited:
Hi, I've been lurking on here for a while - so I thought I'd say hello :)
I'm Chris and I am from Manchester. My local park is actually Blackpool Pleasure Beach (where my favourite ride is Wild Mouse) but I also like other parks :)
I used to only be able to visit Towers once a year, however I decided to buy a MAP in the May sale and have been 3 times last month.
So yeah, hello :)

Hi, I've been lurking on here for a while - so I thought I'd say hello :)
I'm Chris and I am from Manchester. My local park is actually Blackpool Pleasure Beach (where my favourite ride is Wild Mouse) but I also like other parks :)
I used to only be able to visit Towers once a year, however I decided to buy a MAP in the May sale and have been 3 times last month.
So yeah, hello :)

Another Mouse fan? Got to admit, it is awesome, pipped to top spot by Nemesis in my full rankings.....

But Manchester? Wrong side of the Pennines mate ;)

I'm Graeme....

Previously a towerstimes, towers almanac member and a regular Merlin park visitor.

Recognise a few peoples faces on here...also an annual europa visitor...my favourite theme park!

Welcome to Graeme, Chris and anyone else who has joined since I last said hello...

Keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times and PLEASE only consume food and drinks bought on the premeses (Ben gets angry when we take cheap crisps into the Tavern)

Hi guys. My name is Albert. Also known as Amysteriousstranger. The name comes from a favourite video game of mine Fallout Las Vegas.
I'm from a town close to Alton towers called chesterfield, I bet few have heard of this. We are famous for 2 things a crooked spire church and what was at the time the largest Tesco in Europe!
I am a big football fan and season ticket holder with the club.
It has been many years since I last visited Alton towers (year of sub-terra opening) as I have been completing a social work degree. Now that is finished and I have solid employment in a children's team I now have spare time so intend to start visitin :)
I have a very understanding partner called Sarah. Although she lived closer (in Ashbourne, which is probably known) she has never been to Alton towers!!
I have also joined the other forums (towerstimes and almanac) so I'm not sure what you'll make of that.
My primary reason is just to browse and admire some of the amazing photos taken on all of the fan sites. Some of you should make a career out of photography :)

I'm not sure what else I can say by way of introduction....I'm sure I'll think of things to say and contributions to make.

As always. Have fun and be safe

Welcome to the forums, Albert, I'm sure you'll settle in well, with this unique, kind, caring community!

One thing though, Sub-Standard only opened in 2012 (2 years ago)!

Anyway, welcome aboard, and if you plan on visiting AT more often, you may want to consider attending one of the legendary TST meet ups! It's a great way to get to know everyone, and feel like you belong here!

Last edited:
Hi & welcome Albert,

I have also joined the other forums (towerstimes and almanac) so I'm not sure what you'll make of that.

It's never a problem to the members on here, some members are still part of many other communities, so don't worry :) At the end of the day we all have a common interest so it's ll good. You will find all 3 forums have different atmospheres and a different clientele, but are all equally as informative and friendly. (ATA is great for its history & BTS sections.) TS will always be the place for me now though :) A lot of members originated from TTF, in fact-most of the team were a very important part of the 'original' TTF before splitting off into this and creating a whole new fantastic community.

It's good to hear your intending on visiting more, personally I think the whole atmosphere at the park has improved drastically since 2012 so hopefully you will love the place even more. (and of course a certain new roller-coaster helps ;) )

Thanks for the welcome. Always nice to have friendly greetings. Meeting up with others. I'm not sure depends on the other half. I hadn't realised sub terra was only 2 years ago. I did only go to ride that (wasn't worth it really!) I'm very keen to ride smiler though

The Smiler's 'alright'. First few goes it's amazing, but after that it gets pretty pants, when you can pick up on all its faults. :p

I'm not exactly new but I don't think I posted in here when I arrived. I've been lurking around for a wee while. I'm from West Yorkshire and go to various theme parks at least 15 times a year.