• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome - New members introduce yourself here!

Welcome back, Josh! You've returned at a good time: with the park on somewhat of a return to form this year, it seems the community here has picked up again with good turnouts to the big meets and more mini meets. :)

I'll have you know I'm not the oldest fart in the U-bend any more, thankyouverymuch!

Good evening everybody
Long time enthusiast of Alton towers first time poster to this forum. The last time I was at towers was probably six years ago and the last ride sub terra.

My roller coaster past is somewhat chequered I have been to European American and Asian theme parks yet despite the many thousands spent attending these parks I've still yet to visit all parks in good ol' Blighty!

I'm 34 years old and live in Sheffield with my fiancé and our two dogs and one cat.

When I'm not a busy social worker for children's services I enjoy football and video games.
I especially enjoy all things Pokémon and have entered competitive vgc and TCG tournaments. Placing quite well so far in this years regionals.

I am desperate to enjoy the towers once again. My fiancé has not been in perhaps fifteen years so I hope to take her soon, although with a pregnancy appointment coming soon we may not be able to do so for nine months dependent upon the result!!!

Joined here to catch up on the most recent gossip. Felt I should sign up and see what or if I can contribute.

See you all spoon!

AD

Good evening everybody
Long time enthusiast of Alton towers first time poster to this forum. The last time I was at towers was probably six years ago and the last ride sub terra.

My roller coaster past is somewhat chequered I have been to European American and Asian theme parks yet despite the many thousands spent attending these parks I've still yet to visit all parks in good ol' Blighty!

I'm 34 years old and live in Sheffield with my fiancé and our two dogs and one cat.

When I'm not a busy social worker for children's services I enjoy football and video games.
I especially enjoy all things Pokémon and have entered competitive vgc and TCG tournaments. Placing quite well so far in this years regionals.

I am desperate to enjoy the towers once again. My fiancé has not been in perhaps fifteen years so I hope to take her soon, although with a pregnancy appointment coming soon we may not be able to do so for nine months dependent upon the result!!!

Joined here to catch up on the most recent gossip. Felt I should sign up and see what or if I can contribute.

See you all spoon!

AD
Welcome to the site!

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. :) I'm George, and I'm pretty sure I've had this account for over a year? Something like that. Finally posting. I don't really know what to say! I guess I might as well say that my favourite ride is The Swarm, haha (controversial on a Towers forum, I know). Funny how my name is inspired by Galactica, I thought it sounded cool at the time when I made this account. On the scale of sorta nerd to mega nerd, I think I'm a bit of a nerd, but I guess you'll all find out at some point. I'll be at the meet on Saturday and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. Fun fact, I took a selfie outside of Duel last year and your twitter page tweeted me saying how some of you guys were in the background. Must have been enthusiast telepathy or something, and that's when I was like 'It's a sign, I should join TowersStreet' and I did! But haven't posted until now haha.

This has got pretty long, so I'll just say again, I'm looking forward to meeting you on Saturday! :)

See you around. :)

(Edit, I joined on 30th June, still a long time without actually posting haha.)

Hello...
Twas on a cold dark night, I was watching Scary Sleepover on CITV and saw...OBLIVION...out the window of the house being shown on the TV.
Twas then, I realised my destiny...to go to Alton Towers!
After years of begging (and growing too old for my yearly Halloween pilgrimage to Gulliver's Kingdom) my mom finally took me to Alton towers in the summer of 2009, while eating at KFC, I decided to have a walk around the local area!
Twas then, I saw a poster by the oblivion shop but twas no normal poster, it was SCAREFEST...
Upon getting home, I asked if I could go citing the Gulliver's Kingdom age limit as the reason why!
Twas then, that I began the next true stage of my life.
Hello...I come from Towers Times, sorry for the smell...umm can someone point me to the shower room please?

(Just edited out my 1st mistake yay)

Hi guys.
I've been reading the forums for a while, but I've finally plucked up the courage to join. I can't wait to join in with some discussions, and with SW8 on the horizon, I really couldn't have joined at a better time.
Matt
:)

Ok im technically not a new member but i've not been on here in a while, not had a MAP since 2015 and not really been on here since I gave it up... Well Good News. Ive just bought a new MAP and will hopefully make it to some meets this year