• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Westworld

I think he only funds it, it's Nolan and Joy who are the main writing group.

The difference is they only had a few months to thrash out this series, whereas they had years for season one and even then they had to halt production for re-writes, I think this series has been rushed out tbh.

If I remember rightly, BSG had a wait of at least two years between the first and second season. It was worth the wait. You can't rush art!

Last edited:
Anyone remember the old days when subtitles had a dark band behind them? Can't remember the last time I saw that. I find it really hard to read tiny white text on a changing background.

Agree that it felt like a bit of a filler episode.

I predict that Mave will end up with an army of dominated samurai, and they will inevitably clash with Dolores / "Wyatt" and her army of cowboys.

So, West World, Shogun World, [Raj?] World... Anyone got any guesses regarding the themes of the remaining three "worlds"? In the film (and presumably the book) they also had a Roman World and Medieval World. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of sci-fi / space themed park with aliens and ray guns. Maybe even a retro 50's sci-fi theme with Flash Gordan style adventures?

Subtitles on the sky box still have the black bands unless they are hardcoded into the shows/films. All I have found to do is to watch by other means and download colourised subtitles from sites such as subscene. This is has been a game changer for me, given how broken subtitles are on Sky.

I've not really got into this season after watching 3 episodes despite loving season 1. I think I am going to wait until its complete and binge watch to see if that improves it. Anyone else struggling to get invested in this?

Medieval World would be cool. I would like to see Ancient Egypt world to clash with the Romans. Also a Rimmer world :D?

I was talking about translation subtitles that are part of the show, rather than subtitles for the deaf. Could be worse, a few years ago Discovery went through a phase of not subtitling shows at all! There could be whole docus with hardly a word understandable in them!

... Anyway, according to the inevitable Westworld Wiki, the colonial India land is not called a "world", just "The Raj". Even though it's clearly a full "world". Sounds like inconsistent branding to me.

I think it's safe to say this week's episode had more than enough plotlines to make up for last week feeling like filler.
How did Maeve not twig that ...
... her old roll would have been recast, and her "daughter" wouldn't recognise her? Surely she knows how this place works by now?

Also, William bailing was so predictable you have to wonder why his daughter believed him.

And get Bernard being all "pain is just a program, cut my head open!" He'll go far, that lad.

Finally, the opening "twist" with Dolores and Bernard; is this yet ANOTHER time, maybe after the events of the current "rebellion"? Enough with the timeskips now, you can stop! This is not Lost.
Honestly, ever since Pulp Fiction did it, everyone thinks it's clever to keep showing things in a non liniar way. No, it just makes the writers look like pretentious film students.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this weeks episode, even if I have absolutely no idea what is going on with some of the plotlines now!

I love Maeve but am slightly bored of her story this season, hopefully it gets better in the coming weeks. Still hoping for Ford to have a bigger role in one way or another before the end of the season!

:)

As soon as she's spent a bit of time with her daughter she'll pair the new Narative to her (the we are awake program and must kill everything human all the others are running) through the near contact loop thing (host wifi).

Afaik Hopkins has only done audio work for this season, no actual filming :(

I think the bit at the beginning (the 16x9 stuff) is past stuff, it's just Dolores flicking through her memories, and arguing with herself, it's misdirection, the real big question is who woke up on the beach, Bernard or Arnold?

Does anyone watch "Westword" afterwards? It's dreck, but occasionally good for pointing out bits you missed. This week's "preview of next week" at the end of the show featured about a second of a rather interesting shot...
A load of Bernards in cold storage.

Saw that weeks ago in the "this season on Westworld" they showed after episode 1,
Charlotte and the British girl are also in that room, which might explain Charlotte's strange reaction to "Mr Lowe" after he was found on the beach and probably signs the death notice for the Brit girl since she isn't seen in any "2 weeks later" scenes..

I’m recording season two to have a back to back marathon when it’s all finally over. I better avoid reading this....
But just wanted to say how awesome I thought season one was and cannot wait to get my teeth into this. I can’t remember how many episodes I have recorded but I may start watching next week :)

Fun fact for you: The 4-4-0 steam locomotive used in Westworld is the same one that appeared in The Lone Ranger film. Which means I already own a Lego model of it without knowing! :p

It does goes to show what an amazing actor he is, the rest of the cast are fairly good, but Hopkins just elevates the scenes he is in to another level.

Bloody hell, that was a good one.

How is William not dead‽

^ Seems too obvious.

Must admit, I'm not too keen on the whole "are they are host?" thing. Seems like it's already been done, and better, with the Cylons in BSG.

At least we knew who the Cylons were right from the beginning, apart from those final five who they picked out a hat in the true tradition of "we haven't got a clue so we're making it up as we go along now" quality writing.

Hmmm, thinking about it after talking to my cousin who was shot while in the army, you rarely actually feel a bullet, and unless it hits a vital organ, can continue pretty much as you were until you start suffering the effects of blood loss.

They may not have known who the final five were from the start, but they did put a lot of effort in to picking them. All of them were the most militant anti-toaster characters in the show. The leaders of the New Caprica resistance, for crying out loud! The irony was genius! That end of season reveal with all along the watchtower is one of my top TV moments of all time. :D

A fair point that shooting does not mean instant death. But he's taken enough hits that without proper hospital care, he can't last more than a few hours.

Also, eeesh, your poor brother! What war was it in, out of interest?