• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Whamageddon! (and surviving this time of year)

Unfortunately a local radio station gets blasted every day non stop at my current place of work. Naturally I lost a couple weeks ago.

Lost Fairytale Of New York after 154.75 hours. Probably a record for me.

I don't have a broadcast TV, don't listen to commercial or BBC radio and mainly navigate any trip outdoors with an album or podcast on blast in my ears, so have yet to encounter much Christmas music at all. However, I lost this the other day in the weirdest context. I went to the cinema on Tuesday afternoon and was, at first, the only person in the screening. Just before the film began, after the trailers, a man hurried in through the door and treated myself, and myself alone, to a full blast of Wham's festive opus from the corridor outside.

Worse, the film was the low-key Irish drama 'The Quiet Girl', which begins with a minute or two of ambient sound, above which the song was still faintly audible through the walls.

I don't have a broadcast TV, don't listen to commercial or BBC radio and mainly navigate any trip outdoors with an album or podcast on blast in my ears, so have yet to encounter much Christmas music at all. However, I lost this the other day in the weirdest context. I went to the cinema on Tuesday afternoon and was, at first, the only person in the screening. Just before the film began, after the trailers, a man hurried in through the door and treated myself, and myself alone, to a full blast of Wham's festive opus from the corridor outside.

Worse, the film was the low-key Irish drama 'The Quiet Girl', which begins with a minute or two of ambient sound, above which the song was still faintly audible through the walls.
This sounds like a side game - weirdest way to lose whammaggedon

This sounds like a side game - weirdest way to lose whammaggedon
I had an MRI scan yesterday and was given headphones to block out the noise of the machine, through which they play music to keep you calm (you can be in there for 30 minutes or more). I picked a classical station but I could have opted for the default Radio 2. Now that would be a pretty weird way to lose Whamageddon!

I think it’s number one in the chart now. Not that “the chart” has any meaning in this day and age.

I’m out of the fairy tale of new York round too thanks to a dozy chimp putting Xmas songs on earlier 🤦‍♀️ SABOTAGE

Funny how BBC are reporting on this 😂

A football stadium DJ has apologised for playing Last Christmas by Wham!, potentially knocking more than 7,000 people out of cult game Whamageddon.

At least it was at Northampton so no one was watching

The Christmas decorations going up and the Christmas Spotify channel going on this afternoon meant that I have unfortunately now been eliminated from Whamageddon, on 9th December…

Thank you neighbour for a instrumental version of wham. So not out of the game yet. According to the official rules.

I just lost this game half an hour ago.

Got wham-ed driving a student trip to the panto. Then the same student got me with the new word Fairytale Of New York.