• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Whamageddon! (and surviving this time of year)

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
It's december, Which means it's miserable for a lot of people.

One of the ways I have to cope is playing games like whamageddon etc.

Does anybody else play along? Any other ideas for those that aren't overly enthused about this time of year?

I only got to 17 hours this year :( Still not heard Fairytale Of New York yet so doing well on that game

I have not been wham-ed yet, it is only the 4th Dec so plenty of time.
As @MattyH it has to be the original wham version. However instrumental version as gets a special mention.

As for Fairytale Of New York, i have a 3 version knock out. Original, instrumental and new lyrics versions.

I lost it on the 27th of November. Bunch of teenage girls were singing the damn song on the bus. Took all my willpower not to dissembowel them with a co-op bamboo spoon.
Did you even go to the Co Op, if you didn't come back singing the pop song, that was on?

Yeah but the ear defenders were possibly cheating 😂
They nearly played it on radio 6 this morning - I was ready to leap across the room and turn it off
Oh, I didn't have them with me. Only popped in with Dad en route home from dropping my car off at the garage.

Out of interest, do people consider the game lost as soon as the music starts or are you allowed to get out of the situation before the vocals kick in?

Lasted until Sunday - not my worst, but certainly not my best. Caught short on the bog - mid-transaction, a certain song came on the radio...

Surprisingly haven't heard it at work yet, but in our foyer we've still got generic stuff on. Surely it's only a matter of time...

Got caught by Fairytale Of New York, instrumental. Which is odd, as it usually the last if at all.

I have a new 'Worst Thing I've Ever Seen Ever': Jane McDonald's Cruise into Christmas.

Jane McDonalds goes to her record label - "I want to cover a Christmas song"
Record exec - "Great which one?"
Jane - "all of them, but at a slightly quicker tempo than the originals"
Exec - "okay, and what are you going to call this franken-song?"
Jane "Cruise into Christmas"
Exec "but none of those songs have anything to do with ships or cruising?"
Jane " you think that will stop me, give me to a green screen and half a dozen children for an afternoon and it'll be sorted"

Do you lose this game if you hear any Christmas song, or is it just Last Christmas by Wham?

If it’s the former, then I’ve already lost… I managed to hear Mariah Carey when I went swimming on Monday, and I got treated to a chorus of Mistletoe by Justin Bieber when I went to Tesco on Tuesday…

But if it’s exclusively Last Christmas, then I’ve (perhaps surprisingly) managed to reach 7th December without hearing that one!

Last edited:
Do you lose this game if you hear any Christmas song, or is it just Last Christmas by Wham?

If it’s the former, then I’ve already lost… I managed to hear Mariah Carey when I went swimming on Monday, and I got treated to a chorus of Mistletoe by Justin Bieber when I went to Tesco on Tuesday…

But if it’s exclusively Last Christmas, then I’ve (perhaps surprisingly) managed to reach 7th December without hearing that one!
I am pretty sure that only Last Christmas counts.