• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

I swear this is becoming my most posted in topic...

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin.

Justin Hayward.. <3

Blaze said:
Nick said:
Tom said:
The Strokes - Machu Picchu.

Shame most of that album is a colossal fail. ;)
I don't like The Strokes at all, they (and the genre in general) bore me...

*Runs*

You must give them Is This It though- truly a fantastic album in my opinion. The rest of the albums have been very hit and miss. Some of the songs I rate very highly, whilst others I think are poor. Angles especially is terrible.

Tom said:
Nick said:
Tom said:

They only have a few good tracks on each of their albums! Machu Picchu is the best song they've done for me though.

That is very true, apart from Is This It, where I like every song on the album. Machu Picchu has it's merits, but is not my favourite by quite a large margin- most of the songs in Is This It I prefer.

Although it is probably the best in the album- not that's it's got such difficult opposition though.

Tom said:
Blaze said:
Nick said:
Tom said:

I don't like The Strokes at all, they (and the genre in general) bore me...

*Runs*

And what genre is that exactly? :-\

Probably Indie- which I'll give him, most songs sound the same as no effects are given on instruments (or not a lot). I like Indie though. Correct me if I'm wrong Blaze.

Indie is way too broad a term, but many genre names annoy me anyway.

Meanwhile, I'm now playing The Undertones - Oh Please.

I've been listening to this pretty much non-stop for a while tonight. And why not? I love this song! :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SjCzA71eM[/youtube]

Nick said:
Probably Indie- which I'll give him, most songs sound the same as no effects are given on instruments (or not a lot). I like Indie though. Correct me if I'm wrong Blaze.
Post-punk revival, actually, specifically the New York version. I find it so bland, boring and unexciting. I've never been so bored at a gig than when I saw Interpol at Reading. It was painful. You hear a crunching guitar come in and expect a riff, but instead it holds the chord until it's no longer exciting and then the vocals start, leaving a massive sense of anticlimax. Plus it all sounds very similar as a whole.

Not all of what can come under the label is bad, bands like Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes are great, but bands like Interpol and The Strokes do nothing but frustrate me.

The Phantom of the Opera (25th Anniversary) - All I ask of you (Reprise)

Ramin Karimloo = One of my favorite Phantoms of all time!

Stevie said:

There is a reason hes your one of your favorite,it's because hes the best

I'm listening to les mis,bring him home

JOJ is soooo good

JaykeAT said:
Stevie said:

There is a reason hes your one of your favorite,it's because hes the best

I'm listening to les mis,bring him home

JOJ is soooo good

My top three favorite Phantoms are:
1.Ramin Karimloo
2.Earl Carpenter
3.John Owen Jones

But JOJ has to be my all time favorite Valjean!
:)

Currently trying my hand at video production, so something incredibly cheesy and nostalgic... :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jF0EmYL75E[/youtube]

And I Will Kiss from the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics.

Seriously, the show was amazing, and the music has reminded me of that. I need to get the soundtrack before I head off on holiday next week... :p

Jonathan said:
And I Will Kiss from the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics.

Seriously, the show was amazing, and the music has reminded me of that. I need to get the soundtrack before I head off on holiday next week... :p

It's earmarked for the plane journey - on repeat no doubt! ;D I'm actually in love with the album.