• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

"Grand piano; reed and pipe organ; glockenspiel; bass guitar; double speed guitar; two slightly distorted guitars; mandolin! Spanish guitar, and introducing acoustic guitar, plus... tubular bells"

This is awful. Taken a really nice, acoustic song, and butchered it to make it radio-friendly. It's a pure pop song, with acoustic vocals, and it sounds terrible. Especially for a riffy, shoegazey band. Sounds like selling out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763Ovr4BCZs

And what's with the video? There's three people in the band, not just Ritzy, and why isn't she playing guitar in it? She is the band's guitarist. This is terrible. I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Underworld - And I Will Kiss

Aside from the Olympics, this reminds me of the Eurostar journey from London to Lille on my way to EP last summer, particularly when the train was somewhere between probably Ebbsfleet International and the entrance to the tunnel itself.

Jonathan said:
Underworld - And I Will Kiss

Aside from the Olympics, this reminds me of the Eurostar journey from London to Lille on my way to EP last summer, particularly when the train was somewhere between probably Ebbsfleet International and the entrance to the tunnel itself.

That's so weird! It reminds me of the Eurostar too, visiting the St. Pancras Eurostar Station and seeing the colossal rings mounted from the ceiling, I'd downloaded it hours after the opening ceremony to hear the next day.

Olympic memories. <3

I ordered the soundtrack as soon as it was available on Amazon with the intention of listening to it on my journey to & from EP. It arrived a few days before I left, and I duly put it on my phone. One of the best memories of that journey to EP was on the Eurostar as the train was racing through Northern France towards Lille on the way out, and Caliban's Dream came on. I was sitting by the window, and it was one of those weird moments that I don't exactly know how to describe, but it was just amazing. <3