• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What developments will happen after 2018?

Yeah but couldn't they of just painted in close season maybe theres something else.
Could be a small water squirt like at chessington!!!

I heard a rumour that Towers are considering wether or not to replace Toadstool with a newer model depending on if the costs to refurb are too high.
New model will be the twin seat variety so will offer a lower min ride hight, 0.9m o_O

can you please share an image of this?
https://goo.gl/images/aJvpxZ
imgres

You can see that some of the seats are joined together so a parent and child can ride next to each other.

Is a ride like malestrom possible for Alton Towers or does it not meet requirements.
If yes where could one go?

Flat rides like Ripsaw are needed at Towers but it won't do much to the lineup if another one gets removed!

I would like to see a new flat like Ripsaw as in same level of theming, thrill and effects. It would fit a huge hole in AT's lineup! :)

I'm thinking a gyro swing in the site of ripsaw/blade. Change of layout around site. Themed around a weapon to stop the nemesis.

Or maybe in X sector.

I think that after SW8, the park needs to focus on:
  • Redevelopment of some form in CCL.
  • More rides for the "too big for CBeebies, but too small for Nemesis" age bracket, although they do seem to be rectifying this problem with the addition of SW8 this year.
  • Another major water ride to go alongside the Rapids. Even though Britain is mostly a cold and wet country, the British public still enjoy and go on water rides.
  • While we're on the subject of the Rapids, I'd like to see them bring back the waterfalls or replace them with some other sort of water effect.
  • Expansion of the waterpark.
I know this seems like a lot to ask of Alton/Merlin, but this is what I'd like to see them do post-SW8.

Yeah I'd like to see a retheme/expansion of CCL, Like retheme the area and existing rides but Triwling Toadstool brought back and Charlie ride system and facade removed. And bring in a couple of new rides for the area and the Birger Kitchen converted into another restuarant. Maybe even add a new food stall like a Doughnut Factory or another Nitrogenie into the area.

If Charlie was removed it would open a lot of space in the park for exapansion where they could a new major log flume or water ride in the far future.

Post SW8 I'd rather they worked on bringing back entertainments and shows (outside of CBeebies). Actually make it seem like a theme park again. When Hansa Park has more going on than AT in that regards it really shows a lack of enthusiasm from Merlin to provide a fun day out for everyone.

Isn't the coaster corner area tough to get planning for? Noise and height being prime concern if I recall. Maybe an indoor water flume would be possible like Valhalla?

I'd also love to see a return to more live entertainment and more events throughout the year. I also think that CCL needs sorting out ASAP as the area is in dire need of some actual attractions and general improvements to make it worth visiting. It'd also be nice to see something along the lines of a MACK water coaster or something of a similar nature to compensate for the loss of the Flume. It'd be family friendly, could offer a decent dark ride section and would have high throughput.

I agree with park entertainment, It seems to have thrown out of all of the park except Cbeebies Land. It's the same issue for flat rides as well.

I think Towers need to take a year to improve their lineup and add a new show and new flat like they did in 2017, Just not inside Cbeebies Land.

If Charlie was removed it would open a lot of space in the park for exapansion where they could a new major log flume or water ride in the far future.
The Charlie ride buildings aren't very big, at all and the land behind them is not particularly useful. If you were wanting/able to develop in Coaster Corner, access would be better pretty much as it once was with a few amendments.

Coaster corner won’t get developed until they are desperate for more space because that’s where the whole of Merlin studios north is.
I’d rather not see a water ride at Towers the weather isn’t good enough in the U.K. and I’d rather see something that people will ride all year rather than for a few mounts.
CCL in my opinion is likely to be getting a refurbishment with an IP.
I don’t think the Rapids in Katanga Cannyon has much future with the cost of running it and the amount of staff they now need. The new regulations have detracted some of the ride experience.
I’d like to see a water coaster where they can regulate the splash by changing the water level.
I’d like to see Duel being refurbished. And the park possibly being expanded onto the Air/Galactica car park. Where a new coaster could be built.
I’d like to see CBeebies expanded onto the Spinball site.
And I’d like to see sub terra being demolished to create even more space to build flats.
Some of these could be done within the next few years whereas others such as the future of the rapids are longer term things.

I think that the Rapids has a very long future at the park, but I agree that another water ride is not needed, we simply don't have enough warm days.

My 10 year plan would be something like this (tried to keep it realistic):

2018:
Wicker Man
(Cloud Cuckoo Land closes)

2019:
Cloud Cuckoo Land Re-theme
Enchanted Village Barrel accommodation

2020:
CBeebies Land flat ride
(The Blade closes)

2021:
X-Sector flat ride