• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What developments will happen after 2018?

Bert2theSpark

TS Member
I've been thinking for a while what would the future be for the park after 2018 obviously we the Enchanted Village expansion and a possible CCL retheme but apart from that we know nothing about new rides coming to the park. I hope we see a non-rollercoaster SW. As Towers will have a great line-up of roller coasters after SW8 but a dwindling line-up of non-rollercoaster rides. Other UK parks seem to have their biggest investments as non-rollercoasters like DBGT, Valhalla and Storm Force 10 so could Towers invest in something like them. What would you like to see Towers invest in?

I think the park needs to start operating as a base level theme park before they bother with any new developments. It's hard to justify splashing out on anything new when you have so many existing attractions SBNO and can't even keep the gates open past 4 in the afternoon!

I would like to see a replacement for the Flume along the lines of Valhalla (with Valhalla being the benchmark). But I don't see it happening.

I see cut backs and not much until SW9

Something to replace Charlie, preferably a decent dark ride re-using the boat system is fine. Also hopefully something that won't soak you to the skin.

I would also like a few new flat and support family rides and then a family but interesting dark ride (Spiderman at IoA or similar scale).

I think CCL will be re themed to a lego themed area, probably using the charlie and the chocolate factory area and make it into a lego city skyline, and inside having it as a lego city themed dark ride taking you through cities built with lego, and where wobble world is, have inside of there a lego friends area. Get rid of all the rides in the outdoor area, and get a newer modern frog hopper like chessington's in cbeebies land, 92 of them] and inside the area, get a family suspended coaster that floats around with the station/indoor part inside the building where wobble world is connected too. Obviousally keep the food outlets in the area in the same place, and have maybe a zamperla disk-o or and some other small zamperla family rides. its quite a good sized area and a lego theme would appeal to so many more kids, and hit the market of cbeebies land and the older kids who are just below the age/height to go on the big rides.

What ever they do to the area if it isnt lego, they better not get a stupid IP like pepper pig or Thomas the tank engine because they are missing rides for such a major demographic, 6-12 year olds. They literally have the rapids, hex and mutiny bay, maybe sonic and enterprise if they are towards the higher of that age group

Honestly, im starting to think merlin are getting to know what they are doing now since this year specifically, They must of looked at Europa park and what just generally making the park look better has done for them.. CCL is the last of the actual poor looking areas in the park, and the lack of TLC in the area means that it wont be long till they do something with it, They are probably gunna close the area and open SW8

CCL is the last of the actual poor looking areas in the park

Dark Forest?
Forbidden Valley?
X-Sector?

None of these areas are anywhere near their best, they are tired, incoherent and very badly lacking in support rides.

The TLC programme is addressing some of the issues, but to compare the park to Europa is absurd. The quality gap is a gulf.

Alton are not trying to be europa park standard, otherwise they would invest alot more in shows and theming, which they dont have much interest to do.. Thing is with alton, It has a good reputation for a themepark in the UK, When i say poor areas, i mean poor, x sector is pretty good, there is room for alot of improvement, FV is probably one of the better areas of the park, atleast with a thrill ride in, and dark forest needs a re-theme or a massive face lift.. CCL is dreadful though, it looks old and just depressing to be in, for a family area

Mutiny bay and KC are the 2 best areas in the park in my opinion, Cbeebies land is done nice too, although im not counting it because theming to an IP is very easy and it doesn't take much creativity to do that, Mutiny bay needs tlc, along with pretty much every area, but CCL needs it most, and quickly!

I think CCL will be re themed to a lego themed area

This has come up before and I think with almost 100% certainty they will not do it. Why add a Lego area to one park when you have a Legoland 2.5hrs away, a Discovery Centre 2hrs away and soon another Discovery Centre 1.5hrs away. Better to push guests into multiple days out and make more money and sell more annual passes.

Best area for food is by far the chicken place near oblivion. I really like FV, it has such a bland theme in areas but it works so well, I wish they sectioned off galactica a little more, and kept ripsaw even if it was SBNO until something good replaces it, but blade and nemesis look so good, and the theming they have there is nice too.

Cbeebies land I found to be quite a nice area, Its bright and all pretty new and well kept,I never really ventured around it too much to notice the issues with it, but it keeps the kids happy and I guess thats what its designed to do. Still hope they get some more actual rides there instead of the transport/tracked rides they have there, take a little more notes of drayton manor and Pleasure beach in what they have

take a little more notes of Drayton Manor and Pleasure beach in what they have
I guess Thomas Land has slightly more thrilling rides the Cbeebies Land, and Cbeebies is meant to be calm and relaxing whereas Thomas Land is designed to give children the first dose of adrenaline...And the fact we all know Merlin aren't keen on flats whereas Drayton like buying the whole of the Zamperla catalogue. ;)