• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What developments will happen after 2018?

It's appealing but it's difficult to provide them in the same quantity as post mix!

As unlikely as this is, I had a dream that I think could reinvent the whole of Smiler.

It started with thinking about the flooding issues and general lack of experience in the queue. And I thought that maybe some of the queue issues, mainly the flooding, could be solved by a canopy.

Imagine a circus style tent, starting low at the knot, rising over the marmaliser and extending over the lower sections of the first drops. At every point the track entered or exited the canopy is a hole so that the trains emerged and dived back into the canopy. Add a bit of smoke and plenty of disco lights and I think the experience would be better inside and outside the canopy.

I know I'm a dreamer, but imagine.

I visited Wonderland last year and refillable slushies were a very premium product, but they were definitely a product and by the looks really popular You may be onto a winner.

As it's essentially ice and colouring. Would help with hydration issues when it's hot

x2763d.jpg
Recently saw this on Facebook. Will we see Twirling Toadstool return for 2019?

Would think the amount of tone and man hours finding parts. Installing them. Making them fit.
More cost effective to buy a new on. Then at least they have a brand new ride and not a 30 year ond ride with a few new parts on it that will in all likelihood need more new / second hand parts next year and the year after and the year after until they end up buying a new on anyway.

@bluesonichd I think effort throughout the season hasn't been particularly full on - the ride has essentially been in a start/stop winter maintenance phase when closed.

Elements of that thing will be 30+ years old - some items last forever, but there's a bit of Trigger's broom when it comes to any flat ride. A good number of components were replaced not that long ago.

Who knows!

@bluesonichd I think effort throughout the season hasn't been particularly full on - the ride has essentially been in a start/stop winter maintenance phase when closed.

Elements of that thing will be 30+ years old - some items last forever, but there's a bit of Trigger's broom when it comes to any flat ride. A good number of components were replaced not that long ago.

Who knows!
One of my all time favourite jokes of Only Fools!

i think CCL needs some brand new rides and maybe not IP rides as they don't seem to last long, we need more flat rides also everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that we have two and only one thrilling one, they need to do CCL refurb and focus on getting some flats in.