• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is the ride (if any) that you have regretted going on after the ride finished?

Indeed, Tornado at Bakken is one coaster that I did have some regrets after riding and did not ride again. Vile thing!
Did you ride normal mode or Boost Mode? Don't think I'd enjoy either but the latter would probably end me. :p

Did you ride normal mode or Boost Mode? Don't think I'd enjoy either but the latter would probably end me. :p

I’ve had both. Doing it in Boost Mode straight off would be way too much, you need to ride it in normal first so that you know what to expect of the track and how to hold your head away from the savage neck ripper restraints.

Also when it comes to regretting rides, I realise that I’ve got no desire to ride a Waltzer again. I’ve found that I’ve stopped enjoying and just find the motion too repetitive and that they make me feel a bit dizzy whereas at least with a Breakdance there’s some interesting sensations there.

I've had no desire for waltzers for about thirty years.
Loved em as a kid and even into my late twenties...but not a chance more recently.
Previously, my only headache coaster was the Revolution.

Now, any more than half a dozen mixed rides makes me puke...
Sad, sad old age.

Right now, Stampida Red. What a vile contraption that thing is. Wheel seat Nash isn't a tenth as rough as that awful pile of Spanish wood.

Blue was also terrible but it at least didn't crush my pelvis as much as Red did.

I’m not sure what the difference is, unless “boost mode” is with the launch off the top of the lift hill? In which case, yes that’s the one we got! I loved it and found it hilarious, but I think for @Rob it was a 1-and-done.

I’m not sure what the difference is, unless “boost mode” is with the launch off the top of the lift hill? In which case, yes that’s the one we got! I loved it and found it hilarious, but I think for @Rob it was a 1-and-done.
They spin the car as you leave the station, the lift hill is sped up even faster and the trims are disabled. So I think you got regular mode. They also don't pair different parties together either in boost mode.

They spin the car as you leave the station, the lift hill is sped up even faster and the trims are disabled. So I think you got regular mode. They also don't pair different parties together either in boost mode.
Maybe not then, either way it was completely bonkers.

To drag the thread back on topic, I usually regret riding a lot of flat rides… I’m one to like to try new/unique flats but quite often come off feeling unwell. The Polyp at PowerPark for instance was running so slowly that it was nauseating.

Would have to be Stampedia at Portaventura for me. Really painful experience, and I’m someone who never complains about rough rides.

I live by 'try everything once' so don't really regret riding any coaster, but I did regret paying to ride manhatten coaster/the big apple in Vegas just because of how much it cost vs how crap it was.

Worst flat ride has to be Dragon Rider at Legendia. Four of us got in and shouted in pain all the way around the ride and then repeated all over again when it went into reverse

Worst roller coaster goes to Flare Meteor at Fantawild Wuhu. It's a Jinma ride version of the Vekoma SLC and it was the roughest coaster i've ever been on. It probably doesn't help I visited a few months before the park closed down and left SBNO. I'd imagine the maintenance in the last few months wasn't that great. There is a great video of someone exporing the abandoned park on Youtube

Worst flat ride has to be Dragon Rider at Legendia. Four of us got in and shouted in pain all the way around the ride and then repeated all over again when it went into reverse
"Oh, God!"
"Is it over yet?"
"Oh, f***!"

Those were just a few things that we said during the ride cycle. Not to mention what happened to poor @Kelpie's shoulder...

Would have to be Stampedia at Portaventura for me. Really painful experience, and I’m someone who never complains about rough rides.
Ah yes, add Stampida to the list, I had somehow forgotten about that. I think it'd probably be nowhere near as awful if they put some proper trains on instead of those KumbaK trains. That company ruined the Grand National efficiency, they ruined the entire ride on Stampida. I normally do everything once but after one go on Blue I didn't bother picking up Red.

Commander.

I have NEVER felt so queasy coming off a ride. All I wanted to do was sit with my head between my legs, almost willing myself to vom and get it over with. God bless @Kelpie with her painkillers and bottled water.

In terms of regretting something for being generally a waste of time and uncomfortable, I still stand by Flamingo Land’s Runaway Mine Train (the ex AA one). I’ve driven down alpine roads in a fully laden car with busted suspension and it was still a smoother, less bumpy ride than that thing.

In terms of regretting something for being generally a waste of time and uncomfortable, I still stand by Flamingo Land’s Runaway Mine Train (the ex AA one). I’ve driven down alpine roads in a fully laden car with busted suspension and it was still a smoother, less bumpy ride than that thing.

That's somehow not the worst of those I have been on. Patrulla Canina is somehow even worse. Utterly crap rides.