• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is wrong with the government?

What party do you support

• Local Independent

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Green Party

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Abstain

• Monster raving loony party

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • BNP

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • UKIP

• Liberal Democrats

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Re: whats wrong with the government?

The scary thing is he's not a bumbling idiot. He plays a role and everyone laps it up like fans of 'professional' wrestling or the X Factor. It's all false razzle dazzle employed to make him endearing.

I used to vote lib dem but after them getting into bed with the torys, i am looking for a new party.

Can Local independent candidate be added to the list ? as its not a party.

delta79 said:
I used to vote lib dem but after them getting into bed with the torys, i am looking for a new party.

Can Local independent candidate be added to the list ? as its not a party.
ye i will just put local independent on for you

Meat Pie said:
The scary thing is he's not a bumbling idiot. He plays a role and everyone laps it up like fans of 'professional' wrestling or the X Factor. It's all false razzle dazzle employed to make him endearing.
True actually. I used to think he was pretty harmless until I saw his comments about the people of Liverpool and Hillsborough. I think he genuinely is an idiot, more so than the rest, but he's also smarter than he lets on, and for us it's a dangerous game he plays.

Just a few kind notes on post quality. Could we all ensure posts contain good spelling, punctuation and grammar. This includes capital letters and full stops, as well as ensuring your spelling is correct. We do not want to go around like the grammar police and we do not expect gold encrusted posts. But please take post quality into consideration.

As always, only post if you're contributing to the topic. I've removed a few posts which add nothing to the discussion. If you feel any posts need to be brought to attention to the team then please feel free to click the flag post button so a member of the team can review posts.

Also, could we try and avoid double posts. If you have more to add then it's usually best to edit your post rather than having multiple posts by one member one by the other.

Thank you. :)

BarryZola said:
Dogmaniac said:
i still prefer him other the others as he at least has charisma

Worst post ever.

That officially makes you part of the Forum furniture Dogmaniac lol!!

You're usually not as, straight to the point shall we say, as that Barry lol! - Not a fan of Boris I take it?

I'm the same camp as Blaze, and I believe Dog will be soon enough - he seems harmless enough, until you realise, that's exactly how he plans it!

He is apparently, and allegedly very ruthless, intelligent, and knows exactly what he is doing in playing the likeable/eccentric mayor.

Don't believe a word of it. That however, does not mean he is not good at what he does... it just depends how you define, whether what he does or not, is good....

He had me fooled for a while too, he certainly still has a great many under his charm!

Charisma I have to agree, he has it - it's undeniable - but, how does he use that, and how much is it staged. He wouldn't be the first one to put on that kind of showman like front, and not be all he seems behind the scenes....

I doubt he will appear on any of those dodgy lists from above though. I think he is incredibly focused on one thing - himself/career.

Very clever man indeed. Like the posh Harry Redknapp of politics.

If he had a stronger social background, I think he may well have made a very good PM indeed!

I'm neither a fan or an opponent of Boris to be honest. What I opposed in the post that I replied to was the idea that when we vote for our politicians that we should give large credit to a candidate that has charisma. Yes, we need politicians that have a good level of confidence when dealing with other nations and of course within our own country, but the ability to act like a buffoon in the public spotlight shouldn't be encouraged if someone is vying for the premier job in parliament.

I can't think of anyone in the parliament at the moment who I would like to see as Prime Minister to be honest, but admittedly I don't watch BBC parliament all day long every day. I try to catch Question Time and watch the news every day but there's only so much you can gather from those sources. The truth is, I lost faith in there being any real differences in any political party who has a real chance of gaining control many years ago. It's all good and fun when you're in your late teens to have strong political beliefs and believe that your vote for the right party will make a real difference but after getting let down when said party actually gets in and seeing that there's no real difference from what the opposition were doing, your faith gets eroded to a degree. I will always vote at general elections but I don't know why most of the time.

Poison Tom 96 said:
'T would be easier saying what is right with the Government.
T would what, sorry?!

Hm, well, if that's indeed my task, to state what's right with the Government, then I'd say they manage to keep a mighty fine building in Central London looking as brilliant as ever!

Boris is the perfect example of an acting politician.

If he became PM I would honestly worry. I think he actually has no backbone under the facade and many things would be handled badly. The Falklands would be the first thing gone.....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, our government's simply barbaric with all that democracy and those non-corrupt leaders that we have. Why can't we have a fair government just like Zimbabwe or many other nations of the world? ;)

Depends whether you mean 'corrupt' as in the odd member of parliament taking a certain view for a side sum (which I don't condone) or an omnipotent dictator with oil-baron friends, sex slaves and a hitlist? ;)

I am not allowed to say my point of view with the swearing filter.

I'd rather love to see the rise of smaller parties at the moment as I have little hope for the current party leaders.

This topic is a fine example of people who know literally nothing about a subject parroting those with strong opinions, in an attempt to earn respect. I find it amusing.

No, it's a political thread where people are going to discuss political beliefs. I find it interesting and somewhat enlightening to read other's opinions. If you don't, just ignore it. There's no need to be rude.

NastyPasty said:
No, it's a political thread where people are going to discuss political beliefs. I find it interesting and somewhat enlightening to read other's opinions. If you don't, just ignore it. There's no need to be rude.

I apologise for differentiating between genuine political opinions and "OMG everybody hates the government, I should slag them off too despite having no actual reason to do so" type posts. It's hardly being rude, just pointing out the blindingly obvious. If I don't know about something, I won't pretend to have an opinion on it.

Ok, fair enough. I'm not after a debate, I just felt that it was worded a little bluntly. I agree that there's a lot jumping on the bandwagon anyway.