• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What rides turn your trousers brown?

Ok so I've been thinking this morning about certain rides I've been on which literally scare the crap outta me, even as a 26 year old male!

I wanted to share a few of my thoughts and more importantly find out if I'm not the only fully grown adult who still shuts his eyes and holds on for dear life when coming face to face with a giant spider!

I've added a few examples below of rides over the years which have literally made my pants turn from white to dark brown-

1. The Haunted House, Alton Towers- This is my first memory of anything scaring me so bad I had my head between my legs the whole time! I seem to recall the brick wall looking like it was going to fall on you, going round a corner and some giant demon like monster jumping out from above? That was it for me, eyes shut, head down the rest of the way round! Thank god for Duel, now I can keep my eyes open for at least 75% of the time!

2. Terror Tomb, Chessington- Again from an early age, when this first opened I loved it! Reminded me of Indiana Jones. However, the one gripe I had was that wolf like creature rattling the s**t out of a cage to the right of you. Caught me completely off guard and safe to say I never looked in that direction again!

3. Creepy Castle Spookslot, Efteling- For the simple fact that I was very young, dragged on by my parents and you have to walk through the whole thing. It was bloody horrible!

4. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, I.O.A- Now this is the most recent, May 2012 to be exact. I honestly thought me being a pansy was in the past, however this ride soon changed that. How in the hell can this be marketed to kids? Sweet Jesus, the face to face encounter with a full size dragon shocked me a tad, but the face to face meeting with Aragog really freaked me out. So much so that I timed it just right each time I went on to shut my eyes for the whole 'spider scene' of the ride. Dementors? Womping Willow? Dragon? How could any child come off this without mental scar's!

So, if anyone else would like to share there thoughts on other rides which scare the hell outta them, feel free to comment!

Rock Rage & Air (travelling ride).

Every. Single. Time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hex. Yep, I kid you not.

It's the claustrophobia thing. And I keep wondering what would happen if the room didn't 'right' itself at the end and the doors didn't line up; you'd be trapped in it.

So I have to have a beer or two before going on it.

And if it's right about SW7 having the car being 'rolled' over, the same will have to go for that too. Obviously drinking beer isn't a chore anyway, but it'll help.

optimus prime steak said:
[...] rides I've been on which literally scare the crap outta me

I really hope you've misused the word literally there.

On topic; Wild Mouse at BPB - it's one of my favourite rides, but I'm always slightly relieved whenever I get off in one piece.

Apocalypse and other Intamin drop towers really scare the bejesus out of me. Nothing coaster-wise bothers me at all, only drop towers.

(shouldn't this be in 'All Other Attractions'...?)

I feel extremely safe on the majority of rollercoasters, however I have a fear of most Log Flumes. They really just despise me.

Mud, Oh sorry what ride :D

Oblivion, I have a fear of falling so this ride really scares me, even if i got nice OTSR to hold on to.

The only ride more scary than enjoyable or intense that I've experienced is Detonator. I nearly made a pile clenching on for dear life.

Not a lot these days, which is worrying enough in itself. I do get slightly nervous when waiting for any ride that might be uncomfortable (straight-over inverting rides for instance), and I'm glad John mentioned the relief felt when coming away from Wild Mouse in one piece, but that's about it. I wish I still had some of that natural fear of rides, because strolling onto an Oblivion shuttle as if I've just arrived at work just isn't the same.

My fear of drop towers has diminished massively, which is ridiculous considering I'm not great with heights. I was terrified waiting for my first ride on Apocalypse last year, but this year I just swore a bit at the top and laughed all the way back to the ground. I do aim to ride an Intamin converted observation tower like Atmosfear or Scream within the next two years though, and I suspect that might mess me up a bit. :)

I feel extremely faint after a ride on the Grand National but that's heritage coasters for you!

Twirling Toadstool.

Yus.

Anything like that terrifies me. Those Space Shuttles at Blackpool that spin and go ridiculously high. I almost cried on those. This was last year =\.

Pretty much any of the traveling fair style rides. Not because of their ownership, but I don't like most of them rides themselves. I'm not keen on most flat rides (e.g. Ripsaw, Enterprise, Submission) generally. I'm much more of a fan of coasters - although I do love Duel (provided the blasters weren't there), or any haunted house/ghost train. I enjoy being scared on those.

I do like woodies - I'll happily ride the Grand National (I think it's far more scary than PMBO), but you wouldn't get me on the Big Dipper again - Once was enough thanks!

I always get nervous on RMT, but that's only because I know that those supports aren't very generous for tall people. I also get nervous about it's couplings, but it's quite obvious why!

Log Flumes are on of my favorite styles of ride - The experiences are never the same, and they're always fun. There's something about that feeling you get going up the lift of a flume, it just feels so different to a coaster - And then the feeling as you go over the top. Valhalla is a favorite of mine - Well the ride itself; but not the effects such as the water vortex/free gallons worth of water on your head.

For me it has to be Oblivion. Even to this day that ride still gives me that funny feeling in my stomach. Even looking at it makes me feel uneasy.

It was the last ride at Tower that I conquered, I managed to put it off right up until 2006!!

Rita and 13. I just hate that wait before the launch or free fall drop. Once that's over though, it's fine. I was petrified of Oblivion but I've been on a couple of times since and only get worked up just before the drop.

Used to be quite scared of drop towers (of course, I still rode them whenever I could), but my fear's been reduced, and I can manage them fine. Launched drop towers are the worst, though.

Apocalypse floorless side. Every single time! That and High-Fall at Movie Park Germany (floorless gyro-drop). I can cope with higher drop towers, I can cope with the standing and sitting sides, but I screamed like a banshee on those two!

Not much else, come to think of it, though there are rides I don't like and won't ride for different reasons... like pain!

The only ride that has made me nervous beforehand were the Air Diver that used to be on the end of Brighton Pier, mainly because it went over the sea but once it began, I enjoyed it. Also KMG's Mission Space, the massive star flyer type travelling ride which has very open seating, lap bars and soars over buildings but it is amazing and I'd love to go on it again :)

The one ride that I still feel a bit nervous now is Apocalypse, I enjoy the ride but I always feel very nervous as we are going up. I think its any kind of drop tower that doesnt have some kind of countdown, I used to be fine on Detanator at Thorpe, until I went on it earlier this year and the ride op was just dropping the tower randomly and not in time with the audio, so now I feel very nervous about that as well!