• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What rides turn your trousers brown?

Enterprise, I kid you not :)

I can't stand spinny things and I'm 99% sure there would be vomit flying through the air (or in my face) if I was to ride it. Never ever been on it.

Poccy *shudders*

Enterprise: Same as Bazza above lol!

Add to that, pretty much any flat that isn't tame lol!!

Coasters though? Blivvy still gets me, which shows just what a quality ride that is really!

Stealth before I went on it for the first time! In fact, in fairness, Thorpe Park when the first time you have been you see Saw (lol), then browse across and witness Colossus, and then.... Stealth.

Doing all those for the first time, in one day, tested me for sure.

Now of course, in fact, straight after Stealth I ran around and did it again. The difference between Rita and Stealth, must be like Stealth to Kingda.

Stealth though... ;D

Where as before it was: :eek:===33 (That's a fart by the way...)

BarryZola said:
Enterprise, I kid you not :)

I can't stand spinny things and I'm 99% sure there would be vomit flying through the air (or in my face) if I was to ride it. Never ever been on it.

I thought that for ages but finally braved it on my last trip in September. It wasn't actually that bad, but I didn't find it particularly fun and I found the seating position pretty uncomfortable.

Given the choice between that and Submission though, I'd take Enterprise anyday ;)

BarryZola said:
I might brave it next time then :)

....actually, who am I kidding, no I won't haha!

Haha, seriously though the centripetal force offsets the spinning that you think you're going to feel. Once it gets going it's really just a question of roughness and moving up and down the seat as you go inverted rather than feeling sick from spinning. :)

I don't do vertical! Even Th13teen's drop puts me right on edge every time. I don't mind inversions or anything else like that. Just moving vertically. Lifts are the worse! :p

The only other thing I don't like are rides which spin a lot. Spinball makes me want to hurl, every time I ride it. The only spinning coaster I like is Winjas, purely because it doesn't spin much!

Ian said:
I don't do vertical! Even Th13teen's drop puts me right on edge every time. I don't mind inversions or anything else like that. Just moving vertically. Lifts are the worse! :p

The only other thing I don't like are rides which spin a lot. Spinball makes me want to hurl, every time I ride it. The only spinning coaster I like is Winjas, purely because it doesn't spin much!
Pretty much the same as me. I don't know why, but Th13teen & N:ST get me every single time. :-(

Starflyers are evil, I will not go on one after going on Holiday Parks one 2 years ago. It's the height with the fact you are on chains going quick, atleast I gave it a go!

I'm looking forward to doing a Starflyer! Height doesn't bother me at all, nor does the idea of being hung on chains :p

I'm not usually put off by height and if you've seen how close North Star in Nottingham is getting to their Tavern/eating place in Market Square it would put you off!

I completely forgot about Starflyers, but add them to my list. I hated every second of my one and only ride on one.

Natalie said:
I'm not usually put off by height and if you've seen how close North Star in Nottingham is getting to their Tavern/eating place in Market Square it would put you off!
It terrified me when I rode, every second was freezing hell :-(

I don't like fairground rides as I don't trust them along with the Big Dipper.

I'd have to say Apocalypse is the only ride that gives me that rush in the stomach but that's why I love it. Nothing else really scares me.

Like most people, I was scared of riding big coasters and rides for years but once I actually got on them, I have never been particularly scared whilst actually on a ride apart from one time...

At Hull Fair a couple of years ago, they had a Fabbri drop tower, the same model as Detonator at Thorpe. I'm normally fine with drop towers but this one was different in that they routinely held the gondola at the top for well over a minute. The anticipation of the drop was excruciating. I think that the dark, the freezing cold wind and the silence of everyone else on the ride had a big effect as well.

Keeping you up there that long just isn't fair. Usually, you know that the gondola will drop within a few seconds or so, so you're ready for it. In this case, you lose track of time and with every moment that passes, the tension builds as you know you're getting closer to dropping but you don't know how far away you are. When it eventually does drop, it's actually a relief!

Oblivion
Its just the fact you HANG there. Im fine about the drop, but it's just how you don't know when it will drop ;)
Any type of log flume also, they just feel so unsafe to me! Nothing to hold onto, or keep you in!

Bubbleworks, the Flume and River Rapids because of the dirty water that's always over every seat. Literally pooping though, none. :p

Getting seated on the back of Colossus (Thorpe Park) when it's raining... That would make anyone scared for the sake of their spinal health.

Apocalypse and Oblivion still instil nervous anticipation before the drops. The Big One with no seatbelt and six inches of space between your legs and the lap bar.

-Sent from a mobile phone-