• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What separates enthusiasts from the GP?

the general public have no idea about theme parks. They will trust the “Top 10 most insane rides1!1!1!1!” Video, because they don’t know, and do I blame them? No. They just aren’t that interested in it.
The general public are not watching Top 10 ride videos.

The general public are not watching Top 10 ride videos.
Non-enthusiasts might watch the sorts of Top 10 Most Insane Rides (as an example) videos that are on WatchMojo and the like, which aren’t specifically theme park channels and cater to a far more universal demographic.

Top 10 videos that are on enthusiast YouTube channels, probably not. But the Top 10 videos on channels that aren’t specifically theme park based? I know of quite a few non-enthusiasts who’ve watched those types of videos.

As for the answer to the original question; I think the main thing that really separates enthusiasts from the average visitor is a desire to learn about theme parks in-depth and critique rides on an in-depth level. Enthusiasts are often basing their opinions on a wider variety of visited parks and ridden rides than the average visitor, and sometimes, I think that can translate to different preferences on average, but the main difference is a desire to learn about theme parks and think about theme parks on an in-depth level.

It’s just an example. I don’t think half of those views are from enthusiasts.

They wouldn't let me on with my pint on Infusion on the dippers 90th birthday do.
Had to leave it in the wire lockers.