• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's your current coaster count?

247 at the moment. Last milestone cred was Superman at Parque Warner Madrid for 200.

Had an exceptional year last year gaining 111 new creds.

I'm not going to post the number. Firstly, I genuinely can't remember every coaster I've ever been on and secondly, on a forum like this I'm sure my number would be woefully low for a (near) 40 year old. It's low 100's I think.

However, I do reckon I have a rare credit that possibly none of you have done:

2c7f5ca4c75448ae1963b37011e62fea.jpg

I've got the Reel, but if I can't count the BPB Ghost Train, I'm not playing.
No idea of my count, I would guess at the low hundred mark somewhere.
Shocking for an old git obsessive, but I just don't travel well.

I'm at 99.
Front row on Taron next Tuesday for 100 is my plan (unless it breaks down etc and then F.L.Y. will have to do).

I've actually been on more than 99 but if I cant nail it down specifically on Coaster-Count then I don't count it. For example I rode 4/5 coasters at Winter Wonderland about 10 years ago but no idea what ones.

It's been 99 since pre pandemic (Icon - I think - was my 99th) so it's became a monkey on my back.

Rare Creds are: Grand Huit - Tunisia (my only African cred) https://rcdb.com/10840.htm , and whatever the hell this was https://rcdb.com/3421.htm at Haven Holidays as a kid.

I actually counted recently for the first time ever and I think it was around 278. I'm a bit of a stats nerd so I like the idea of tracking a count, but I've always avoided it because there are loads things I won't bother riding which kind of defeats the point.

Energylandia for example. I've been there 3 times and have only done Abysus, Hyperion, Zadra, Mayan and RMF Dragon. That's just 5 coasters out of 17! Can't be arsed wasting time on a spinning mouse with shoulder restraints, or wacky worms, when Zadra is literally right there.

I like coasters with strong airtime and will actively plan trips around them. In the States I've driven straight past the likes of Worlds Of Fun, SF St Louis, Dorney, Fun Spot, Indiana Beach. Because whilst they have a lot of coasters, they all look pretty average.

So my count is pretty low considering the miles I've put in. It's reflective of my tendancy to avoid crap coasters. There's no right or wrong way to do it though, there are probably loads of really fun rides I've missed out on.

I actually counted recently for the first time ever and I think it was around 278. I'm a bit of a stats nerd so I like the idea of tracking a count, but I've always avoided it because there are loads things I won't bother riding which kind of defeats the point.

Energylandia for example. I've been there 3 times and have only done Abysus, Hyperion, Zadra, Mayan and RMF Dragon. That's just 5 coasters out of 17! Can't be arsed wasting time on a spinning mouse with shoulder restraints, or wacky worms, when Zadra is literally right there.

You didn’t fancy going on Formula? It’s actually not a bad coaster, short but sweet.

Now at 283 after getting +75 this year, the latest being Darren Matthews new Christmas themed wacky worm at Winter Wonderland Norwich

My eldest is on 91 at the age of 13 and hope to get him over 100 by his 14th in Sept. My youngest is on 62 at 9 years old and still not 1.37cm yet!

Interesting to know how many credits you had at around the same ages?

My eldest is on 91 at the age of 13 and hope to get him over 100 by his 14th in Sept. My youngest is on 62 at 9 years old and still not 1.37cm yet!

This certainly depends on how interested your parents are about theme parks. Mine aren't really interested at all but are nice enough (and have enough money) to buy a Merlin Pass each year.

I reckon at 9 I'd have done 5 and by 14 I'd be on about 23. Parents had no interest before and now only mum is interested

Reactions: Ils
Went to parks all the time with the family. Just we visited the same ones most of the time in Rhyl, Southport Pleasureland, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Camelot. Plus Bagatelle and eventually Alton Towers with school.

Went to parks all the time with the family. Just we visited the same ones most of the time in Rhyl, Southport Pleasureland, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Camelot. Plus Bagatelle and eventually Alton Towers with school.

I'd have visited Wonderland, Chessington, Gulliver's Kingdom Matlock, Pleasure Island, Flamingo Land, Alton Towers and Thorpe Park by 14. Most visits would have been Towers with an ATAP. Took me 24 years to get to 100 creds, then have followed up with 178 in 2 years

I too racked up a number of parks/coasters as a kid, mostly on family holidays in the UK, which I haven’t returned to since. Unlikely to have gone to them at all if I didn’t back then.

American Adventure, Botton’s (Skegness), Dunes (Mablethorpe), Flambard’s, Gulliver’s Kingdom, Paultons (before it became worth visiting, think Cobra had only just opened), Pleasurewood Hills, Twinlakes, Wheelgate, Wicksteed Park, Great Yarmouth PB, Blackgang Chine and West Mids Safari.

I always like to create an annual coaster stats digest, which I post on facebook, but I feel might be slightly more appreciated geekiness-wise on here. I started tracking all my stats in 2014 and the other year was inspired by @Dan to evolve my fairly simple spreadsheet into a bit of a beast, with far too much useless, albeit extremely geeky, information. I can share that at another point if anyone's interested. Anyway, my current stats as of 02/01/23:

- Travelled over 730 miles on roller coaster track (108 miles on unique track)
- Been "inverted" 2739 times
- Ridden 287 coasters of 131 listed coaster "models" by 39 different manufacturers
- Spent 70 days at Alton Towers
- Been to Europa-Park 9 times, spending 30 days in the main park and 4 in Rulantica
- Made 266 theme park/attraction visits across 217 days
- Been to 76 unique theme parks
- Spent 123 days abroad
- Been on 18 international trips
- Travelled over 45,000 miles to and from parks