• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's your current coaster count?

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Sorry if a thread like this already exists, but I searched and couldn't find one.

After finally riding Smiler yesterday, my current coaster count sits at 48.
Would have been 50 if I'd managed to do Rita and Spinball, but unfortunately time meant we didn't get around to them.

Screenshot_20221009-173531.png
But I'd be interested to know, what's yours? And if you're coming up to a milestone, do you have a specific coaster in mind for that?

Just recently passed 300, was meant to achieve the milestone at Grona Lund but as four of their coasters spited me I ended up hitting the landmark with the kiddie cred at Dudley Zoo. Hopefully 350 will either be a big coaster abroad or the Scenic at Dreamland, won't lose any sleep if not though.

Currently on 450.

Can only really plan a milestone coaster when your only a few away what with ride closures etc.
My 100th was Rhombus Rocket because Odyssey was broke and I'd not realised before I went on Millennium.
200 (Mp Xpress) was similar as we'd been delayed arriving at Movie Park so it was just a case of getting the coasters done.
300 (Zadra) and 400 (Voyage) were much easier as I'd arrived at each park and just picked off the coasters needed to line up the milestone.
Currently have no trips booked so can't even begin to work out what 500 could be.

After my recent trip to Florida, a respectable 287. Turns out there's less coasters out there than you might think.

Anyway, whilst I do track my creds and rides in general (to great detail, may I add), I'm not one to go completely out the way for a kiddy cred or something that's just not going to be worth it. Likewise with trying to get milestones, in fact my 50th was Rhino Coaster (WMSP), 100th Xpress Platform 13 (Walibi Holland), 150th Odyssey (Fantasy Island), 200th Fun Pilot (Walibi Belgium) and 250th the Todtnau Hassenhorn Coasterbahn.

I'm not one to go completely out the way for a kiddy cred or something that's just not going to be worth it.
Same here, I ride some smaller coasters but I don't ride Wacky Worms or anything like those anymore.

Having ridden coasters in the UK, Florida and Germany, my count currently sits at 91. My Captain Coaster profile is linked in my signature if you want to see the exact rides in my coaster count, as well as every single one of them ranked from favourite to least favourite in my Top Coasters list.

Milestones-wise, I’ve got 1st and 50th under my belt.
1) RMT at Alton Towers (28th September 2013)
50) The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach (14th August 2018)

If all goes to plan for me in 2023, there’s a good chance that I’ll hit 100 upon my return to Florida next June!

I actually do my coaster count and milestones in a slightly atypical way compared to most, because my coaster count consists only of things I’ve ridden since I became an enthusiast back in 2013; the day listed as my first coaster ride and first theme park visit (28th September 2013) was the first time I rode Alton Towers’ 1.4m coasters, and that’s what I consider to be my true “entry” into theme park enthusiasm. So I think of my official coaster count more as my “enthusiast journey” rather than my lifetime coaster count.

In hindsight, I know it’s a slightly strange way of doing things, but only counting things I’ve ridden as an enthusiast makes it a lot easier for me to log my creds on Captain Coaster, which forces you to rate something out of 5 to say you’ve ridden it… I would feel very uncomfortable doing this for anything I’d have ridden pre-enthusiasm, whereas I think I did begin to take precise ratings into account a lot more when I actually became an enthusiast in 2013.

I also think I’m in a bit too deep at this point to reverse it; it would mess up my spreadsheet, and mean that I couldn’t log all of my park visits and rides to anywhere near the degree of precision that I do now. I currently keep a spreadsheet logging all of my park visits and coaster rides since 2013, with a lovely tally of my total coaster rides and total park visits since 2013 both by park, by individual ride, and overall. Throwing any pre-enthusiast visits into the mix would completely mess this up… simply because I have little to no recollection of the precise timings of when I visited places back when I was a small child. And the exact things I rode, and the exact order in which I rode them, would be something I’d have literally no memory of whatsoever!

Furthermore, abolishing this rule wouldn’t make much, if any, difference to my actual count; I’m not even sure I’d gain any creds at all from abolishing it, and if I did gain any, the number would be incredibly negligible.

Last edited:
I do a similar thing in that I only count coasters from when I got in to this last year and I don’t bother counting all the wacky worms I’ve done with my kids either or various coasters at funfairs. So my count is currently on 63 (based on my rankings list which doesn’t include kiddie creds) but I know that really if I was to count everything it would be a little bit more than that.

I don’t keep track of the order that I ride things in either so I don’t have milestones, but then again I’ve personally never really seen the point of it myself in making sure that this coaster is your number 100 or specifically having that one as your 200th or whatever. I just go to parks and enjoy the rides with the intention of having a great day rather than concerning myself too much with the numbers.

I was going to start coaster counting but then realized that it's a bit of a waste of time unless you are going to ride every wacky worm and caterpillar you happen to come across. The fact I'm 6ft 5 also doesn't help me with family coasters a lot of the time and even some thrill ones are a tight squeeze for my legs.

I was going to start coaster counting but then realized that it's a bit of a waste of time unless you are going to ride every wacky worm and caterpillar you happen to come across. The fact I'm 6ft 5 also doesn't help me with family coasters a lot of the time and even some thrill ones are a tight squeeze for my legs.
I count, and I don’t generally ride kiddie coasters. I ride some larger family coasters, which are a bit more universal in appeal (think things like RMT, Flying Fish, Pegasus at EP, larger Zierer Tivolis, and the larger Vekoma Rollerskater model like Flight of the Hippogriff), but I stopped riding kiddie coasters a few years ago after an embarrassing experience on Octonauts.

I briefly tried riding the kiddie coasters at every park I went to a few years back, but even then, I wouldn’t have said I’d travel out of my way for one. I’ve done close to 100 coasters (91, as I said above), and my caterpillar and wacky worm count still sits at a big fat 0!

My attitude to more universally appealing +1 type rides is different; I will try and ride every single non-kiddie coaster at every park I visit, regardless of what type of coaster it is and how I think it will rank for me. For instance, if a park has a Reverchon spinning wild mouse (a common ride type that I don’t care for at all and have already done 7 of), I will do it. If a park with only that type of coaster was located reasonably nearby, I would go to it; for instance, I’m planning to snag the non-kiddie +3 on offer at Brean Theme Park (only around 1h from my house) in 2023 even though its non-kiddie crop consists of a Pinfari looper, a Reverchon spinning wild mouse and an enclosed Zierer coaster that formerly resided at BPB, and I also went to Blackpool South Pier to grab their Reverchon spinning mouse cred on my last visit to BPB. Would I travel all the way to, say, Lancashire for a park of the same calibre, however? Probably not.

For me, I just find counting an interesting way to keep tabs on what I’ve actually done, and I do find it fun to try getting all the non-kiddie +1s in at a park, and trying to work towards that next milestone (#100 for me)!

Last edited:
I count, and I don’t generally ride kiddie coasters. I ride some larger family coasters, which are a bit more universal in appeal (think things like RMT, Flying Fish, Pegasus at EP, larger Zierer Tivolis, and the larger Vekoma Rollerskater model like Flight of the Hippogriff), but I stopped riding kiddie coasters a few years ago after an embarrassing experience on Octonauts.

I briefly tried riding the kiddie coasters at every park I went to a few years back, but even then, I wouldn’t have said I’d travel out of my way for one. I’ve done close to 100 coasters (91, as I said above), and my caterpillar and wacky worm count still sits at a big fat 0!

My attitude to more universally appealing +1 type rides is different; I will try and ride every single non-kiddie coaster at every park I visit, regardless of what type of coaster it is and how I think it will rank for me. For instance, if a park has a Reverchon spinning wild mouse (a common ride type that I don’t care for at all and have already done 7 of), I will do it. If a park with only that type of coaster was located reasonably nearby, I would go to it; for instance, I’m planning to snag the non-kiddie +3 on offer at Brean Theme Park (only around 1h from my house) in 2023 even though its non-kiddie crop consists of a Pinfari looper, a Reverchon spinning wild mouse and an enclosed Zierer coaster that formerly resided at BPB, and I also went to Blackpool South Pier to grab their Reverchon spinning mouse cred on my last visit to BPB. Would I travel all the way to, say, Lancashire for a park of the same calibre, however? Probably not.

For me, I just find counting an interesting way to keep tabs on what I’ve actually done compared to other enthusiasts, and I do find it fun to try getting all the non-kiddie +1s in at a park, and trying to work towards that next milestone (#100 for me)!

I just find the whole idea of coaster counting to be very dull personally. Becomes like a task list and must do list to tick off. Again that's just me though. Not everyone will agree with that I'm sure.

I have probably done over 350-400 coasters I imagine over the years but I can't be faffed sitting down and ticking them off.

Its definitly not just a tick list for me, I don't plan to ride anything, but its nice to look back and see what I have done.

CoasterCounter.com is a pretty old website, but still seems to work and according to that I've done 114 coaster, 102 steel and 12 wood.
Although that counts Hulk twice due to the retrack and Gwazi is counted three times (once on each original track and once as Iron Gwazi).

Its definitly not just a tick list for me, I don't plan to ride anything, but its nice to look back and see what I have done.

CoasterCounter.com is a pretty old website, but still seems to work and according to that I've done 114 coaster, 102 steel and 12 wood.
Although that counts Hulk twice due to the retrack and Gwazi is counted three times (once on each original track and once as Iron Gwazi).

Yeah that's fair enough. I'd only look back on the really good ones though which is the point I was making.

I'd probably be more inclined to do it if it was the top 100 coasters in the world for example and I ticked the ones off I'd done.

I just find the whole idea of coaster counting to be very dull personally. Becomes like a task list and must do list to tick off. Again that's just me though. Not everyone will agree with that I'm sure.

I have probably done over 350-400 coasters I imagine over the years but I can't be faffed sitting down and ticking them off.

I don’t count coasters in terms of having a spreadsheet and logging each ride that I go on and when, but I do use a ranking app (My Ranking on iOS) and when I go on a new ride I slot in in to my rankings list somewhere, I use it in a similar way to Coasterbot’s Vote Coasters ranking. So that’s how I know that I’ve got “x” amount of coasters on my list.

But when I go to a new park I’m not bothered about riding generic kiddie creds. Sure, I was happy to go on something like Troublesome Trucks at Drayton Manor to try it out as even though it’s a junior ride it’s quite an interesting one. But generic wacky worms and caterpillars aren’t off any interest to me, if I’m at a park I’d much rather just take another reride on a thrill coaster than going over and getting a worm or caterpillar cred without having kids with me.

251, with 100 being Rollercoaster at GYPB and 200 being Wodan. My latest cred is Flying Eagle at LL Billund. Hoping to try and improve that soonish.

So many coasters are closing now I feel like I wouldn’t get that list done anyway. No Top Thrill Dragster, no Ultimate etc.

Know what you mean. Luckily done both of those coasters.

Ultimate was brutal though. It's a fascinating coaster due to its length and setting but purely from a ride experience pov it need to be burned with fire. Hahahaha.

TTD was the last time I was nervous in a queue.

It always seemed rather futile counting coasters to me, especially if you are counting every clone of the same coaster.

So I've never been a coaster counter.

And why coasters and not log flumes ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I won't go to parks with just a basic wacky worm or kiddie coaster but if I'm at a park I will attempt to go on all coasters providing the queues aren't too big. I don't have a tick list either as I walk round the park, I just go on whatever rides I see and if I have time in the afternoon I'll check RCDB to make sure everything is covered providing I have time to re-ride the good coasters when they have warmed up.

I track my unique coasters on my own spreadsheet as I quite enjoy the challenge of capturing data and finding ways to present it. I'm on 926 coasters which has hardly moved in the last few years, partly because of Covid and partly because I have done most of the standout coasters I want to do now

Here is the front page of my spreadsheet