• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's your local park?

Umm, I don't know. I live in Oswestry, Shropshire. and they are no really local parks near me.

Twinlakes is my closest. I've never been because I've always just thought it was a park for children but I've just had a nosey around their site and it actually looks pretty good for a small park! Seems like they've invested a lot recently.

Also, they have a Halloween event coming up that actually looks pretty awesome. I'm really going to have to try and get to this! Twinlakes Fright Nights

That Halloween event looks amazing! How has nobody heard of this! ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If I didn't have a job and could drive I'd apply to be an actor, it looks incredible! For a small park like Twinlakes to put that much effort in for a Halloween event gets top marks in my book!

It seems totally at odds with their target market haha!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Talking of random scare attractions, the Dinosaur Adventure Park near me does a Halloween event called PrimEVIL which I haven't been too but seems to be at odds with its usual market:

http://www.primevil-scare.com/

It seems a few places seem to be on the old scare events for halloween, regardless of their target market haha!

As for the Twinlakes event, they don't seem to have marketed it at all round here either which is odd. I don't know how it is locally to the park but just up the road nothing has been said of it.

My park would be the American Adventure but its gone :( I live 2 mins walk away

I've heard of the Twinlakes event before and would like to go but sadly I don't think I'll get an opportunity.

Anyway, my local park would probably be Brighton Pier as I live fairly close, other than that Thorpe and Chessington :)

That'd be Legoland for me (18 miles), though with some cunning route planning Thorpe is not much further at all (about 23 miles, I think). Chessington next, at 40-odd miles.

I visit Lego a lot, but my next most visited park would actually be Alton, with Chessington not too far behind. Think it's interesting to note that my day count to Europa has recently equalled, or perhaps just surpassed, that to Thorpe Park :p

Meat Pie said:
Dickens World :'(
There's no way you could class Dickens' World as a theme park - it's a rather good (and definitely underrated) themed visitor attraction, but not a theme park :p

Back in Reading, as Islander states, my closest three parks are definitely Lego, Thorpe and Chessington.

Here in Leamington, I don't suppose Warwick Castle counts? :p I think the closest here are Drayton (40 minutes), Twinlakes (1 hour and 20 minutes, although I will never visit) and Alton Towers (1 hour and 47 minutes).

LiamC said:
Twinlakes is my closest. I've never been because I've always just thought it was a park for children but I've just had a nosey around their site and it actually looks pretty good for a small park! Seems like they've invested a lot recently.

Also, they have a Halloween event coming up that actually looks pretty awesome. I'm really going to have to try and get to this! Twinlakes Fright Nights

this looks relly good! Has anyone been to this? what to expect etc? its local to me & prices at £19.99 pp is not bad at all for the amount of scaremazes & added scarezones! will it be busy etc? any advice appreciated. ( ques etc)

Back on topic - Wicksteed Park - 90second walk :) Evidently twin-lakes is pretty close too although never been.

Can do AT in 70mins sometimes M1 & A50 - best roads EVER ;)

I suppose my local park is Yorkshire Wildlife Park, but it’s a zoo not a theme park. And although I live 5 minutes away, and keep horses there, I have been all of one time. As a theme park goes it’s probably digger land, and again, been there all of one time. My most visited has to be Alton, after realizing that there are these things called trains and buses there is a clear route to the park that takes just about as much time as driving. I don’t visit parks regularly as my parents are not very supportive of the whole ‘rollercoaster nerd’ thing and would much prefer me have a normal hobby like rugby.

My local park is Flambards in Helston. It's about 30 minutes on the bus from my uni campus, and it's my most-visited park - I've lost count of how many times I've visited it. :p

I'll be the first to have the 'honour' of Southend Adventure Island (Peter Pans Playground as it should forever be known) then, which is about 20mins drive or train from me.

I can't say I have ever been there to go there, if you know what I mean, but when I find myself in Southend I'll usually pop in for a go on rage and to see if they have managed to open their 'new for 2011' ride Time Machine yet (they haven't!). It's not a bad little place with a couple of excellent classics like a junior whip and some fun kiddie coasters.

My nearest full size park would be Chessington at between an 1hr 30mins and and 4hrs away, depending on the state of the QE2 bridge on the M25, with Thorpe about 15mins further on. Alton is at least 3hr 30mins away. Sucks to be me.

Unfortunately, for me, my nearest 'Park' is Fantasy Island. What a dive!

It used to be Alton Towers, with an hour journey, 43 mile travel. Now, since moving, AT is two hours away, and 80 miles on the clock. Phwoar!

Hasn't stopped me whoring my AP this year though!

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Natalie said:
Mine is Sundown Adventureland but my adult park is Alton Towers.
I used to visit this park when I was in primary school. Oh, the joys!

It was quite a nice park back then, no idea what it's like now. I did pick a map up a few weeks back, however it stated that the park was suitable for 'Under 12 Year Olds' & I don't fancy walking around a park where it could look like I'm.......... a predator! Having said this, however, I would genuinely love to take a look at what the place has become nowadays, as it genuinely was a nice place!

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD