• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Honestly I think Merlin are doing a good job keeping things different. Just look as Six Flags with DC Comics and Cedar Fair with Peanuts. Plus to my eyes Cedar Fair's coaster themes recently look incredibly bland.

The Cedar Fair creds are bland because they aren't themed in general...

I think as well it's a very different story in the States, where some people don't even leave their state (and some states take about 5 hours to drive to)...

The Cedar Fair creds are bland because they aren't themed in general...

I think as well it's a very different story in the States, where some people don't even leave their state (and some states take about 5 hours to drive to)...
How many people from the UK go to Italy/Germany and visit theme parks while on holiday? To me doesn't feel much different to driving out of state. I know people who have never left the UK/don't own a passport. And some who have just been to Majorca/Lanzarote etc.

Whereas because I'm a coaster enthusiast I'm planning to visit Legoland Malaysia soon as I'm currently in Singapore (student exchange). I have already been to Legoland Florida and Windsor. I think we see it differently as enthusiasts and personally I don't think many people would bother visiting a theme park on holiday. I know for sure my family wouldn't if I was not there.

Some new Wicker Man pre-show concept art...

DlN7nIWX4AEcsbL

Yeah looks cool, no broken curtain and no...

"Please move forward to the front!"
None of that today. Batching into and out of the preshow was perfect. Curtain and all effects working. Flames and all smoke working. Oh and the coaster itself still as awesome as ever!

And forgot to mention it's good to see Alton have been round with some sandpaper and removed all the graffiti from the posts in the queue. Looks like the little darlings were busy defacing it during the school trips :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping to see myself on the box right at the front of the queue on that splendid yet freezing cold Tuesday afternoon. Should be good this I reckon.

Hoping to see myself on the box right at the front of the queue on that splendid yet freezing cold Tuesday afternoon. Should be good this I reckon.
If you do give us a deception of what you are wearing so we all know what you look like freezing. :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

None of that today. Batching into and out of the preshow was perfect. Curtain and all effects working. Flames and all smoke working. Oh and the coaster itself still as awesome as ever!

And forgot to mention it's good to see Alton have been round with some sandpaper and removed all the graffiti from the posts in the queue. Looks like the little darlings were busy defacing it during the school trips :rolleyes:

Agreed, best operations on Wickerman i've seen today. No restraint issue, no downtime as far as i could tell. Also, dispatches so quick, there was a train still on circuit when the there another train halfway up the lift hill. Great improvement.

Ended up being just an hour long promo for the new ride rather than any insight into the park as we all expected which is a shame. Interesting of course but didn't really learn anything I didn't already know.

Still a fantastic attraction though.

Agreed, best operations on Wickerman i've seen today. No restraint issue, no downtime as far as i could tell. Also, dispatches so quick, there was a train still on circuit when the there another train halfway up the lift hill. Great improvement.
Yep, I queued twice for it each for about an hour (first thing and last thing) and both times not once was there any stoppages or empty trains going round. I think it's fair to say that it was probably like that all day. If today is anything to go by, Wicker Man could be the next work horse of the park, with a consistently high throughput.

I have to say as a side note, that I don't think any ride broke down today. And even though it was very busy (express/disabled parking car park was half full by 9.45 and I've never seen that) queue times were reasonable, queuing no more than an hour for anything.

Call me stupid but I'm thinking of pulling a loan out to buy the scale model of the wickerman just to see if that replace it with another I'm just eger to see if thay do also would thay post it or collect

Yes, quite frankly, that's a ridiculous thing to get yourself into debt for. Not all debt is bad, but debt for frivolous purchases like you are suggesting is not very wise at all. Some, yourself included, may call it stupid.

Yes, quite frankly, that's a ridiculous thing to get yourself into debt for. Not all debt is bad, but debt for frivolous purchases like you are suggesting is not very wise at all. Some, yourself included, may call it stupid.
I'm not going to go that far but it would be cool to have it on the mantle piece only thing is its 2 faced so it will probably need to be set in a hole in the wall

You think towers could da a wickermans dog
Hotdog, bbq and cheese would work as thay still do the dogs but nothing else
Thay use to do it but stopped for some reason maybe cost cutting