• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Sounds like today was a great day to visit. I was half tempted to pull a sickie and drive down again today but I wouldn't do that to my work colleagues however much fun it would have been.

I shall pick a hooefully sunny off peak day in May to come next. Should be busier but still manageable.

I'm 100% doing scarefest too which I never do because I'm not interested in the mazes. I'll be coming for WM in the dark for sure.

I'm intrigued to see where Wicker Man fits in my personal Towers lineup, I probably have one of the most unpopular lineups in that The Smiler is my favourite of the big 6 and Nemesis is my least favourite:p, so im excited to find out!

I don't rate it that much, I find it really rough along with Rita, where as I cant say I've ever had a rough ride on Smiler, not even slightly so I don't know what it is :eek:

Reactions: pj
I'm intrigued to see where Wicker Man fits in my personal Towers lineup, I probably have one of the most unpopular lineups in that The Smiler is my favourite of the big 6 and Nemesis is my least favourite:p, so im excited to find out!

Someone's into a bit of masochism

Nah, In all honesty everyone's favourite rides are personal, I actually rate Saw as one of my favourite rides in the country much to peoples horror!

I do think if you like the smiler, then Wickerman will beat it overall.

I'm sure if I have a rough ride on Smiler then it will drop down the ranking, I always keep my head forward though so it must help

Just got back into the hotel. Had a fab day in the park. Was very quiet and most rides were walk on. Wicker man was fab, love the theming , the pre show was very good, the smells inside the station really add to the atmosphere.

Rode in various seats during the day and the back row is like being on a different ride. Ok so the ride could have been a bit longer but, it's fun, the right amount of kick and intensity and fits perfectly in the park I think. Really enjoyable day.

Does the back row give you the normal woodie 'punch in the stomach' feeling at the bottom of the two drops?

To be honest it's not your usual stomach in the mouth feeling because drops aren't that big, it's more about the intensity of the corners and the speed you take them, out at least that's what I felt towards the back, and being pulled over the various hills.

Um... I just watched the advert live and I thought it was slightly... bizarre to say the least. It was very cryptic and didn't really say much. Kind of reminded me of Thirteen's.

Christ, I thought that was one of the worst adverts they've done in a long time.

Felt quite tacky and cheap compared to the actual vibe from their other marketing for Wicker Man.

The voice-over bloke sounded like he was recorded using a mobile phone!

:(

The advert was fine, although I found it strange that they did not mention the words 'new' and 'rollercoaster'. The voice over was poor actually, not very clear.

I really hope it does the job for them though.

:)

Here is the advert for those of you who haven't seen it:

Well, I guess the advert's perfectly fine, but it doesn't really stack up to some of their past ones. Like The Smiler's for example. Now that was a good advert:

Or even Thirteen's adverts:

Last edited:
It feels as if the marketing has shifted to focus more on the Season Pass offering rather than purely Wicker Man being new, the same is reflected in WM being used to sell the season passes in the branding (Thorpe are doing similar with Walking Dead).

See how "buy now" is the first call-to-action on the AT homepage, rather than finding out more about the ride.

39148836610_0f0b027e22_m.jpg

Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely a change from previous years where the focus has been solely on the fact there is a "brand new coaster."