• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Also, has anyone seen Alton's social media responses recently? So rude!

Alton Towers' official Twitter has been totally "wtf" today. This seems to reflect the level of disgruntlement and disengagement amongst staff in the park.

I noticed the official Twitter was quite snappy to say the least! Not a good impression
How so, out of interest? Alton's social media team have always been fine to me whenever I've messaged them.
EDIT: Sorry for double posting!

How so, out of interest? Alton's social media team have always been fine to me whenever I've messaged them.
EDIT: Sorry for double posting!

Check 'em out on Twitter (go "tweets and replies"). At least one person responding on that today was SERIOUSLY narky. A couple of the posts are so unprofessional they're actually pretty funny.

I don't want to be "that guy", better me than Diogo, but it seems from a few videos that one of little Bobby's shoulders seems a bit hit and miss? Could the wind be blowing out the pilot light? (I'm being serious, but don't know the proper term)

I thought that but it’s positional, from the last bit of the queue (where people took a lot of photos from) the shoulder closest to mutiny bay seems to be not firing but when you face the thing head on they both look the same.

Check 'em out on Twitter (go "tweets and replies"). At least one person responding on that today was SERIOUSLY narky. A couple of the posts are so unprofessional they're actually pretty funny.
Would you mind posting a link, as whenever I try to do that, it always asks me to sign up to Twitter.

I asked about ERT for MAP holders and got a reply instantly then when I questioned why Day ticket purchases were allowed in early they never replied !

Seen the one about a staff member allegedly urinating into a bin in the view of Children? Obviously that could be a lie from a disgruntled member of the public who has had a lousy weekend due to allthea issues.

Going to the park today, would you expect it to be quiet or still steady following Wicker Man's opening at the weekend?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Going to the park today, would you expect it to be quiet or still steady following Wicker Man's opening at the weekend?

Easter holidays have started for some areas, so it should be busier than it was last week. However probably not as busy as the weekend was. Wicker Man will no doubt have a long queue at times regardless, especially if it has to run on reduced capacity again.

:)

We were here today, and didn't even bother going near the WM queue :( maybe tomorrow.

A couple of thoughts:

1) The park seems to be pushing customers to use the app for queue time information. I note that the app uses Bluetooth and I wonder if the app itself might therefore contribute to queue time data? We have a similar system at work (a uni) to register student attendance, and its sensitivity and accuracy is appalling. I note that the queue times reported by the app were simply WILDLY out today - worst ever in my experience. I wonder if this has anything to do with their new technology, or whether something more cynical is going on with reported queue times?

2) The park clearly couldn't operationally cope today - from the front gates onwards. A real mess in many places.

3) Alton Towers' official Twitter has been totally "wtf" today. This seems to reflect the level of disgruntlement and disengagement amongst staff in the park.

Yes the queue times are assisted by the app, so long as the system is working.
Next time you go on a ride have a look for a little black box at the entrance (cable tied to the fence on Smiler), this is a Bluetooth beacon that if the app is running, Bluetooth is setup and the person none the wiser, logs you entering the queue line, then there is another nearer the station that logs you getting there, every installation of the app has a unique 16 digit identifer that is used to for stuff like this (and the api handshake needed access the queue times within the app).

Whether the system actually works properly is another thing, it's been there since last year but you know hoe reliable technology can be, the ride ops can also manually set the queue times in the station.

Looks like Wicker Man is only running the one train again for today. 120 minute queue at present.

I wouldn't read too much into that. All weekend it seemed to have a rounded up queue length of 120,180,240 etc. On Tuesday they just plucked a 120 figure out of thin are before they'd even loaded the first train with no way at all of knowing what the actual queue length was. We waited 65 with a stated 120 and length was fairly consistent for the whole time.