• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Popped down to 90 now, and Smiler shot up to 10, so everybody and his dog must be in the WM queue and the sensible ones at Smiler.

Looks like Wicker Man is only running the one train again for today. 120 minute queue at present.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apparently it is running all 3 trains today and they are filling them up. Currently has a 55 minute queue and seems to have not gone down yet!

:)

Took us about an hour to get on this morning, which isn't bad at all. First time I've rode it, and it's an absolutely fantastic experience. A lot more intense than I expected.

Fingers crossed they have found out what the issue is and sorted it. It's an incredible attraction and Easter is very important for the park in its recovery.

Can't wait to get back to the park in 3 weeks.

We got on today too! The theming is fantastic. It will be improved even further when they sort out the effects at the end, which at the moment feel like a damp squib.

Difference between today and yesterday in the park is indescribable, but this is solely because there's a fraction of the crowds.

Seems like it's a lot better on Park today. I really hope yesterday was not an accurate representation of the whole season. Nice to see Wicker Man on 3 Trains.

But this coming weekend, Towers need to sort something out Quick.

Sorry If this has already been asked...

But is anything meant to happen in that tunnel before the station?
Been wondering the same, just seems odd to sit in the dark for a couple of minutes. One more thing, God knows what that smell in the station is but it's grim. Really really grim.

Been wondering the same, just seems odd to sit in the dark for a couple of minutes. One more thing, God knows what that smell in the station is but it's grim. Really really grim.

Can't say I noticed a grim smell in the station on Saturday, what is it like?

As for effects before returning to the station, there is meant to be a small light effect at the end of the maintenance shed but they haven't perfected its timing yet.

Can't say I noticed a grim smell in the station on Saturday, what is it like?

As for effects before returning to the station, there is meant to be a small light effect at the end of the maintenance shed but they haven't perfected its timing yet.

It's a very sweet sickly smell, if I was to guess I'd say it was down to smell pods.

Currently running a 10 minite queue, insane.

So it ran well leading up to the weekend, and has run well so far today. God knows why it had some many problems over the weekend! Hopefully this does mean that GCI have been able to work some magic and the worst of the issues are now over; they cannot afford a repeat of the problems over Easter weekend.

Sorry If this has already been asked...

But is anything meant to happen in that tunnel before the station?
In the curved tunnel there are 4 (maybe 5?) bursts of smoke that come from either side of the track where the roof meets the wall. The smoke is lit up orange - they're pretty effective.

They worked for all of our rides on the VIP night, but depending on where you were sat in the train, you didn't always see them trigger - just the cloud of smoke left behind.

So it ran well leading up to the weekend, and has run well so far today. God knows why it had some many problems over the weekend! Hopefully this does mean that GCI have been able to work some magic and the worst of the issues are now over; they cannot afford a repeat of the problems over Easter weekend.

Well, Sunday they were stop, starting the train when it was coming into the station and did seem to be running better. Either been fixed or being done manually as a temporary measure.

The effect seems designed for either 2 train operation or rapid dispatches on 3 trains that prevents the third train from sitting in the maintenance shed. It worked quite well on our second ride at night timing wise, but the stacking on the first ride rendered it ineffective.

The way it sounds to me is that the dispatching is quite a complicated process for whatever reason. I'd like to think after a few weeks the staff will get much better at it and maybe even fly someone out from GCI.

I'd also like to know who's responsible before I'll accuse anyone of the blame of the operation this weekend

Well, Sunday they were stop, starting the train when it was coming into the station and did seem to be running better. Either been fixed or being done manually as a temporary measure.

Do you mean that it was doing the GCI stop-start-stop shuffle when parking in the station?

Do you mean that it was doing the GCI stop-start-stop shuffle when parking in the station?

It was indeed, Pretty sure it wasn't doing that Saturday. Although the station was much busier Sunday so saw a few trains go in and out the station. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: Rob
It was indeed, Pretty sure it wasn't doing that Saturday. Although the station was much busier Sunday so saw a few trains go in and out the station. Could be wrong though.

Nope it wasn't doing that on Saturday. Interesting, I suspect they made that change overnight then!