• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Just been on Wickerman! Really good fun, absolutely loved it

Awesome!

I'm going back after the Easter Hols for a full day on it. 1 ride so far (albeit the very first public one ever) will simply not do. I need to visit Bob again very soon.

Advert looks really good to me. Very Nemesis style. The voice over seems quite bad though. Couldn't really understand what was being said. Didn't realise he was saying Wickerman until the third play :p.

I think the advert is great.

It doesn't clearly say "this is a brand new wooden rollercoaster", but the general public are not idiots, they can clearly see what it is based upon what is shown. It doesn't go OTT making out this is a huge thrill attraction like the park have been guilty of before with the likes of Thirteen and sets clear expectations of what to expect.

Good job.

Reactions: pj
Awesome!

I'm going back after the Easter Hols for a full day on it. 1 ride so far (albeit the very first public one ever) will simply not do. I need to visit Bob again very soon.
I'm thinking about going the week after the Easter hols. Do you think it will be quiet?

I cringe when I see people refer to the Wicker Man centrepiece as “Big Bob”. If you were part of the creation process, sure, but it just comes across as awkward and odd when non-staff members that had no involvement in the project start saying it.

Just me?
It’s not weird, enthusiasts have been calling it names for the past year. Dave, Brian, Steve etc. It’s just a bit of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are never going to be the first group on, unless you work on the project, staff would have ridden it as well as media so you are probably in the 100's in the list of riders :p
Yes this is my point, I’d personally rather wait until the ride is running properly and have a decent ride.
Each to there own I’d guess

I thought that was a great advert. And it yes, it was clearly inspired off the Nemesis advert, even with the same kind of angles and quick cuts to the coaster going round the track. It feels like it'd fit well in to 90s Alton Towers :) Of course it could of had more of the story to it, but it'd be hard to fit that within the 30 seconds. Wonder what kind of software they used to make it? Maxon? Adobe CS6? Blender?

I hope those Rollercoaster Tycoon screams won't be in the final advert! I guess it fits the theme though, build a ride and sacrifice your guests/peeps.
Haha I noticed that too.
I don’t get the obsession of being on ‘the first public train’.
Other than queuing for ages what’s the big deal?

Going by social media it seems about 327 people were all on the first public train :)