• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

I noticed yesterday there a sign outside the building before the baggage claim that if u suffer from been in closed spaces and flashing lights let a member of staff know and they will direct you straight to the station area.
Also after been on it twice in the dark in 2020 and 21 it thought in some sections yesterday around 5pm it was running slower. Good thing was on and off within half hour yesterday.

It would've benefitted from an extra corridor between the preshow and station so there's room for guests to clear the preshow so it can reset - but annoyingly that was only discovered posthumously.

I noticed yesterday there a sign outside the building before the baggage claim that if u suffer from been in closed spaces and flashing lights let a member of staff know and they will direct you straight to the station area.
Also after been on it twice in the dark in 2020 and 21 it thought in some sections yesterday around 5pm it was running slower. Good thing was on and off within half hour yesterday.
Yeah we do this with one of mine that has sensory issues. You basically wait at the control station at the front of the baggage room, let them know and they will put you into the room at the end of the preshow. You are at the back of the group you would have been in though.

Posted this in another thread but thought it might be better in here too. The pre show wasn’t playing today, the room was just being used as a queue. Not with the face either, with the curtain across as if it was ready to play, but the doors on both sides were permanently open. Didn’t feel like we got on it any faster though

I wouldn't think the preshow makes any difference tbh. We have been last out the show room a few times and the only ones going on the train. The room seems to open and new riders turn up just in time. I can imagine there are occasions this causes a few seconds of holdup but nothing significant.

I remember 2021 it just seemed so fast, they were crushing operations, the main queue was so very fast moving on every trip and now I have seen many occasions where I get out of the preshow to find the ride ops stood there waiting with an empty train.

The queue is still a people eater regardless and I think the preshow is important, the best way to run it is when they quickly get as many people in as they can and then just start it and then sometimes just open the door a little early as they sometimes do.

But then sometimes they try and pack the room like sardines which makes for a awkward experience as they keep shouting at you to move forward when everyone is already shoulder to shoulder and they get too focused on getting so many people packed in rather than trying to get the people through in a timely manner.

As to why it was closed yesterday, sounds like technical difficulties.

Posted this in another thread but thought it might be better in here too. The pre show wasn’t playing today, the room was just being used as a queue. Not with the face either, with the curtain across as if it was ready to play, but the doors on both sides were permanently open. Didn’t feel like we got on it any faster though
Possibly short on staff? Or just choosing not to staff it on a quiet day to keep costs down.

Preshow was running today but I'm not sure what they achieved by continually shouting at people to move so far forward you're practically up against the door and then having a huge empty space at the back of the room.

Does the preshow actually have a counted capacity per show or they just fill it up as much as they physically can?

Preshow was running today but I'm not sure what they achieved by continually shouting at people to move so far forward you're practically up against the door and then having a huge empty space at the back of the room.

Does the preshow actually have a counted capacity per show or they just fill it up as much as they physically can?
They seem to just keep filling and filling. Which I think actually makes it worse and that is what causes the empty seats or the ride waiting for people.

They’ll be far better putting less in the pre show and sending it more often, than wasting so long trying to get as many in as possibly. All that causes is them not being able to start the next pre show as everyone is still stuck inside it.

Bad news, a very reliable source has informed me that Wicker Man could be out for the rest of the season due to a "sprocket issue".

Is this the same source who told you the Monorail was having air gates installed or that someone nearly died on the rapids?

I've seen the video of the train stopped on the lift hill with no guests on. We'll see what happens.