• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wifi on the way?

DiogoJ42 said:
I take it I'm the only one who couldn't care less then? I view a trip to a park as a chance to escape reality, and that includes the internet.

& Newspapers! But with society today and the world that we live in - Hello Technology & Social Networking!

DiogoJ42 said:
I take it I'm the only one who couldn't care less then? I view a trip to a park as a chance to escape reality, and that includes the internet.

Don't worry, I'll see myself out...

I like this purely for TS as trying to do a FB update currently is hellish, but i am also in the escapism camp so try not to use my phone to much.

But this is positive for many people and harmless to those who are not bothered so a rare win-win situation :)

I can see how it will be useful for a site news update, I'll give you that ;)

Was that an almost positive comment about Alton towers from the cynical Diogo?

Bail out everyone... The end is nigh!

Repent repent!

In serious though, it was fantastic having WiFi around Europa a usefull tool, glad AT is catching on!

Also includes free advertising in the form of more checkins!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

This will be a welcome addition to Alton Towers. Many a time I've been caught out by the lack of Signal throughout the park. WiFi (if it's maintained correctly, & works all the time, unlike other Hotspots), will enable more people to become 'social', & Check In to the park via Facebook places, which in turn, is advertising for Alton.

Win!

I wonder if the app works on older smart phones, i have windows mobile 5 OS on mine. what he betting it does not work on that platform

According to Towers Nerd, the new WIFI is working in Towers Street at the end of today!

551797_10150974674022225_1062504417_n.jpg

With thanks to Towers Nerd for the image.

One registration will be fine!

I'm glad of the WIFI as I can't be bothered paying for the internet...

If you already have accessed another Cloud wifi hotspot then you will only need to sign in and won't need to register. Registration with the cloud is as simple as typing in your name, your email and a password and you're sorted.

You'll also only need to do it once during your day.

Why does everything want you to bloody register these days? Oh, wait, it's so they can track and spam you.

If you have sky Internet then your just going to have to login as sky customers get free wifi through the cloud = bonus 8)

The ammount of spam in my inbox has doubled since I logged in to the hotel wifi at TT@10.

DiogoJ42 said:
Why does everything want you to bloody register these days? Oh, wait, it's so they can track and spam you.

I quite often use a seperate e-mail address when registering for things etc - That way my main e-mail address remains untouch. For example I use aly.spam@ - it's amazing the amount of crap it has built up in it's inbox!

However since it's now confirmed that this service is powered by The Cloud, I give it a full season before it's no longer free! :(

The Cloud provide many free wifi hotspots across the country. For example, they do the wifi for the whole chain of Wetherspoons.

I for one actually welcome it being on The Cloud, as already mentioned, it is as simple as signing up, which is free, and then logging in. It will also call for no doubt the service being free, as, already mentioned again, The Cloud works with various well known chains to give a free service, and have never seen one that has otherwise charged.

I know for a fact I've walked around the park on occasion and wondered why they dont put wi-fi around the area I was in, because of it being cheap, seeing this puts a major smile on my face, and will easily relax me if I get agitated.

The wi-fi is in use now. :) Weeeey, I always remember it being an absolute arse to use data on my phone during my breaks on busy days. :)

DiogoJ42 said:
I actually agree a lot here with Diogo.

Yeah sure you only have to register once, but still, there is no real need to register. Unless it's a paid service then there is no need. It's a free service that should be available immediately. I often find it frustrating in motorway services when all I want to do is use the free wifi immediately yet I have to spend 10 minutes registering all my details.

I know it seems like such an insignificant thing to find annoying but it is just that, why do we have to 'register' on everything these days, even free services which could be used without a registration service?