• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wordle

That was close! :eek::oops::tearsofjoy:

Wordle 218 6/6

unknown1.jpg

It was a tough one.
DRINK
KNOCK
KNOTS
KNOWE
KNOLL

After Knots, I was struggling, my next guess was Knoll, but did not want to use a guess with the same latter twice, but after Knowe did not work, was not sure what else to go for.

KNOLL was a toughie so happy to get it in 4

LOSER
STAIR
SUGAR

Spent way too long getting the jump from step 2 to 3 but seems like 2 tough words in a row.

Anyone checked out LEWDLE? Can't post guesses in Coffee Corner but it seems my swearing lexicon is lacking, I need practice :D

The creator of Wordle has stated it will remain free
Josh Wardle on Twitter: "An update on Wordle https://t.co/TmHd0AIRLX" / Twitter

I expect NYT will either add banner adverts, or just hope you then want to play other games they offer which charge.

I thought the NY times wording was free initially. However that may have been paraphrased in the article I read.

Edit:
From the BBC article linked.
"The media group said it will "initially remain free" to play, raising questions that the intention in the long term is to charge."

I thought the NY times wording was free initially. However that may have been paraphrased in the article I read.

Edit:
From the BBC article linked.
"The media group said it will "initially remain free" to play, raising questions that the intention in the long term is to charge."
Yes there does seem to be a difference between what the creator is saying and the NYT is saying.

I would be surprised if there is any charge for the next six months.