• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Worlds of Globala

Sorry for triple posting, but I do apologise for how long it’s been since I last posted an update! I assure you that I am steadily working on the park’s final country, and I’m getting towards the end now, but I’m not the fastest of builders, sadly; I try & prioritise thoroughness over speed!

In terms of when it might be ready; I don’t want to be too committal, as I’m not the fastest of builders, but I hope it might be ready within the next couple of weeks to a month. I’m really sorry, as I know that’s probably incredibly annoying from your end, but I don’t like to make promises I can’t keep.

I hope you understand, and I look forward to providing you all with the final country very soon!

Well, globetrotters; it’s been an amazing 1 year and 3 months since we started, but we’ve finally reached the end of our global adventure, as I have completed the 8th and final country of Worlds of Globala! In terms of where in the world this country is, we’re returning to Europe for this final country; welcome one and all to Germany:
Germany-Area-Entrance.png

In terms of what kind of vibe I went for with this area, I did use the Bavarian buildings within the World’s Fair pack, but I’d actually say that a number of different styles are present within the area. I tried to make the vibe of the central section of the area be that of Germany in the midst of Oktoberfest, with lots of banners, festival tents, and a couple of singers around, but the area also has a bit of a steampunk vibe in some areas, as well as an almost fairytale-style vibe in others; basically, it embodies a number of different styles that all fall under the overarching theme of Germany!

In terms of rides, the area contains 4 of them, and they are as follows (I should clarify that the ride shots of Oktoberfest and H&G were shot prior to the area's completion, in order to try and get my computer at its maximum FPS):
  • Oktoberfest: Brewery Bonanza, an enclosed Mack spinning coaster that is 77ft tall, 2,941ft long and reaches a top speed of 44mph. The ride features two lift hills, some dark ride sections and various helixes and turns to induce spinning, as well as triggered effects that trigger when the train hits certain areas of the layout. I'll admit that when I created this ride layout, I hadn't actually ridden a Mack spinner, so I'm unsure how realistic the ride looks; I watched a few POVs of Mack spinners to gauge an idea of how the ride type rides, but I'm unsure how realistically I've made this Mack spinner compared to some real examples. In terms of the style of ride I was going for theming-wise, I was kind of going for something akin to Professor Burp's Bubbleworks, but in coaster form; you may even recognize the Bubbleworks music in the POVs! The ride’s storyline is as follows: "From the exterior, the Bavarian house you see in front of you may look fairly normal, but it is actually the home of Poppington's, one of Bavaria's finest family breweries! Its current owner, Augustus Poppington III, has opened the brewery to guests for the first time because he needs your help to get the drinks out on time for Oktoberfest. Augustus has calculated that adding your mass to the Barrelator 3000, his amazing new drink-making machine, will make for the optimal blend, so hop on board and help Augustus make some drinks!":
Oktoberfest-Brewery-Bonanza-Facade.png

Oktoberfest-Brewery-Bonanza-Layout-Overview.png

I also filmed a POV and some cinematic shots:

As well as a queue line walkthrough, as I tried to go for a rather in-depth themed queue for this ride (I apologise for the length; I wasn't anticipating a 30 minute video when I started recording!):

I would really appreciate any constructive feedback on the ride and/or the queue, as I've never really tried an in-depth themed queue of this style before, and while I have built enclosed coasters before, they were some of the earliest rides I did in the game, so I don't have a huge amount of experience with building enclosed coasters.
  • Hansel & Gretel's Hunt for Crumbs, an interactive dark ride themed to the Brothers Grimm fairytale Hansel & Gretel. At 1,154ft long, the ride is the park's second longest dark ride, and it's actually the first interactive dark ride I've ever built in the game. The basic premise of the ride is that it takes riders through the story of Hansel & Gretel while also giving them the opportunity to "collect crumbs" (shoot targets) as they go round the ride. The storyline is as follows: "Cast away from their home by their stepmother, Hansel & Gretel have found themselves in the clutches of a bloodthirsty witch who wants to eat them whole! To help them find their way home, Hansel & Gretel have laid crumbs throughout every stage of their story, and your job is to collect those crumbs. Will you collect enough crumbs to help Hansel & Gretel escape the evil witch and find their way home?":
Hansel-Gretel-s-Hunt-for-Crumbs-Facade.png

Hansel-Gretel-s-Hunt-for-Crumbs-Queue-Line.png

As Hansel & Gretel's Hunt for Crumbs is an interactive dark ride, I filmed a non-shooting POV so that you can take in the ride's scenery & story:

As well as a POV of me shooting the targets, so you can get an idea of how the interactivity element works (as well as to feast your eyes on how dreadful I am at interactive dark rides...):

As H&G is my first ever interactive dark ride, I would really appreciate any constructive feedback if you're willing to give it to me, so that I can use it to improve any future interactive dark rides I do.
  • Kraftwerk (German for "power plant" or "power station"), a suspended top spin adorned with steampunk theming and special effects including fire, smoke bursts and electricity. I apologise if the premise for this ride sounds a little odd, but I've basically themed it to an Oktoberfest ride that doubles as a power generator for the event, with riders' screams & laughs providing the necessary energy. The storyline for this ride is: "Hans Kraft has invited you to try out his newest invention; a power generator that doubles as the perfect Oktoberfest thrill! That's right; while you ride his awesome new ride, all of your laughs & screams are generating enough power to power the entire Oktoberfest! Don't mind the odd pop or bang here and there while you're riding; they're just the biproducts of converting scream energy into electricity, so there's nothing to be worried about! So hop on board Hans' new ride and have fun; every bit of fun you have helps to power Oktoberfest!":
Kraftwerk.png

• Oompah Express, a caterpillar/musik express style ride themed to German dancing. The ride is encased within a canopy, and features an animatronic band playing beside it as well as a number of different musical instruments & Oktoberfest stalls. The storyline is as follows: "That time has come again; it's time to dance! Every year during Oktoberfest, the locals take one day of the year to simply dance to their heart's content, and this year, they're inviting you to do the same! So hop on board the Oompah Express and show off your best Oktoberfest dance moves!":
Oompah-Express-Exterior.png

Oompah-Express-Interior.png

I also took overview shots of the area in the daytime:
Germany-Area-Overview-Daytime.png

And at nighttime:
Germany-Area-Overview-Nighttime.png

As well as a video overview of the entire country:

So, that's Germany! I really hope you like it, and I hope it serves as a fitting conclusion to our global expedition!

As I've alluded to numerous times; not only have I finished Germany, I've now finished the park. So I decided to take two aerial overview shots of the entire park in its finished state. The first is a daytime shot:
Worlds-of-Globala-Park-Overview-Daytime.png

And the second is a nighttime shot:
Worlds-of-Globala-Park-Overview-Nighttime.png

I was hoping I could show you a video overview of the completed park, as well as POVs of the transportation rides, but my computer wouldn't record; I think recording the completed park with any substantial amount of guests might be a little much for my current system to handle! I might see if my new, more highly-specced desktop PC is up to the job when I've set it up... if I'm able to record anything, I'll certainly post it here!

In summary, the finished Worlds of Globala park contains 8 countries, with 46 rides overall. These include 11 rollercoasters, 5 dark rides and 4 water rides. In terms of the operational side of the park, I decided to opt for opening hours of 9am-11pm, and I decided to go for a full entry price of £40 (£5 per country), with a family ticket costing £20. If you feel that the opening hours are too short, or if you feel that the entry price is too expensive, do tell me; I'm not great at the in-game economics & operations, I'll admit! Also, do you feel that there's anything that the park is missing rides-wise, or more generally, for that matter? I can sense the park will probably be a bit too barren on dark rides and a bit too heavy on coasters for the liking of many, so I apologise for that, but I guess I just love building coasters, so they're what I usually reach for when building major rides; I was personally quite pleased to have built a full park with 5 dark rides, as the most I've managed before is 1! I tried to make the lineup fairly rounded in terms of different thrill levels & ride types on offer, but do you think I've succeeded there?

But in conclusion, all I can say is; thank you for following the development so patiently over the last year and 3 months! I hope you like the finished product, and I'm sorry I've taken so long to build it! I have uploaded the park to Steam Workshop as an unlisted park (I was unsure whether to go fully public with it), so if you want to download it, play it, or build anything within it, then feel free! Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2564868607

And if you want to look back on some of my earlier stuff, here's the entire WoG playlist:

I really hope you've enjoyed our global adventure together! I hope to bring you another update in Planet Coaster soon, but that's goodbye to Worlds of Globala from my perspective; I really hope you like the completed park!

Here's some of the other videos, as well as the whole park playlist; I've had to post them separately because the forum has a limit on media of 5 pieces per post:

As a recently new member, I had no idea you were working on this @Matt N. I've taken some time to look through it.

You must've worked really hard on it. Anyway I think its really good. All the countries look superb! In fact there all that good that I can't pick a favourite.

The attention to detail especially in Germany and China is very impressive. I love the name as well. What inspired you to come up with the name? Where did you get it from? It fits the park perfectly!

As someone who isn't so good at planet coaster it is really inspiring to see things like this being done.

As a recently new member, I had no idea you were working on this @Matt N. I've taken some time to look through it.

You must've worked really hard on it. Anyway I think its really good. All the countries look superb! In fact there all that good that I can't pick a favourite.

The attention to detail especially in Germany and China is very impressive. I love the name as well. What inspired you to come up with the name? Where did you get it from? It fits the park perfectly!

As someone who isn't so good at planet coaster it is really inspiring to see things like this being done.
Aw, thank you for your nice comments @JAperson; I’m very flattered! I’ve always felt like my creations are somewhat unimpressive in comparison to others I’ve seen on the internet, so I really appreciate your kind comments!

Disclaimer: This post took longer than I’d anticipated when I started writing, so I’ll split it into parts to make it a little easier to read.
How long I took on it & my favourite countries
Overall, this park took me around a year and 4 months to build from when I first started it (back at the start of the first lockdown in April 2020), although I did take a break from it for a few months as I was getting “creator’s block” so to speak once I’d completed Japan; I was a bit unsure of what to do for Mexico, in all honesty, so I decided to focus on some other projects in order to get my creative juices flowing again.

I’ll admit I’m very flattered that you can’t pick a favourite country (it means a lot), but if you’re interested, I actually do have some personal preferences of my own.

From my designer’s perspective, the country I’m personally most proud of is Mexico, as I feel like that one has some really grand-scale theming in places, but also has a fair amount of detail; I’m particularly proud of structures like El Conquistador & Doomsday Temple’s tower facades, as well as some of the scenes within Conquistador and Doomsday. On the whole, I just feel like Mexico came together really nicely in comparison to the others, although I’ll admit that I’m also pretty pleased with how Germany’s come together as well; that one is a close second, for me.
The name
In terms of the name, I can’t actually remember where I got it from, in all honesty! From memory, Globala sort of came to me as a way to make “global” sound a bit more fancy, because “global” is a good word to throw into any park name to do with the world, and I guess the “Worlds of” part plays into that too; for the name, I guess I was kind of inspired by Islands of Adventure in Florida (my all-time favourite theme park), as well as Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Ohio. I think the formula of Islands/Worlds of [noun] works quite well for a park name, personally! Although I must admit that I thought Sanbrooke’s name for his own World’s Fair park of “Atlas Adventure” might have worked well too; why didn’t I think of that?
Your Planet Coaster skills
I’m sure you’re great at Planet Coaster! It’s certainly a skill you gain over time; if it would reassure you, I can show you bits from my first park from all the way back when I started playing the game in 2017 (or give you the Steam Workshop link, if you want to take a look on your own system). In my opinion, my first park was considerably less detailed & realistic than what I’m building now; even though I’m still not perfect by any means, some of the coaster profiling was absolutely shocking compared to what I do now, my areas & rides generally had far less theming within them, and the park was generally less cohesive and made less sense overall than my current works. In hindsight, there really were so many gaping flaws with my first park in Planet Coaster…

Heck, I even think I’ve progressed a fair bit since the earlier countries of this park; I don’t know if you’d agree on that front, but I certainly feel more satisfied overall with the execution of the later countries than I do the earlier ones, and I feel like the level of detail and finish is of a higher quality overall in the later countries than in the earlier ones. Looking back at areas of the park like Great Britain and the entrance area, for instance, I look at those areas and think “in hindsight, there’s so much more I could have done with these areas”.

Eventually, you will hit your stride and work out what works for you. Planet Coaster building is certainly a skill that takes a lot of practice (and I mean a lot of practice), and you might not be too impressed with the execution of some of your earliest projects, but I promise you, you will hit your own stride within time.

he name
In terms of the name, I can’t actually remember where I got it from, in all honesty! From memory, Globala sort of came to me as a way to make “global” sound a bit more fancy, because “global” is a good word to throw into any park name to do with the world, and I guess the “Worlds of” part plays into that too; for the name, I guess I was kind of inspired by Islands of Adventure in Florida (my all-time favourite theme park), as well as Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Ohio. I think the formula of Islands/Worlds of [noun] works quite well for a park name, personally! Although I must admit that I thought Sanbrooke’s name for his own World’s Fair park of “Atlas Adventure” might have worked well too; why didn’t I think of that?
Yes I see! The name makes a lot of sense and like I said in my original post it fits the park perfectly. Personally I far prefer your name to Sanbrooke's but that might just be me!
I’m sure you’re great at Planet Coaster! It’s certainly a skill you gain over time; if it would reassure you, I can show you bits from my first park from all the way back when I started playing the game in 2017 (or give you the Steam Workshop link, if you want to take a look on your own system). In my opinion, my first park was considerably less detailed & realistic than what I’m building now; even though I’m still not perfect by any means, some of the coaster profiling was absolutely shocking compared to what I do now, my areas & rides generally had far less theming within them, and the park was generally less cohesive and made less sense overall than my current works. In hindsight, there really were so many gaping flaws with my first park in Planet Coaster…
Thanks but I'm really not very good. From what you say I probably don't play enough, which is entirely my own fault. Also both of my previous systems cannot run planet coaster that well. They have to run it on lowest graphics but they can manage it.
Heck, I even think I’ve progressed a fair bit since the earlier countries of this park; I don’t know if you’d agree
Definitely agree here but as you say it took you 1 year and 4 months that's a long time especially as a good chunk of that was in lockdown where I'm sure you played more than during normal times so you probably advanced a lot during this time. Games like Planet Coaster really are about skill and and patience. The latter I really don't have enough of.

Matt, I'm looking forward to the day you get your new computer so I don't have to watch these videos on 2x speed and it still be laggy! ;)

Matt, I'm looking forward to the day you get your new computer so I don't have to watch these videos on 2x speed and it still be laggy! ;)
My apologies @Burbs; I’m afraid I can’t really do anything about the FPS…

Believe me when I say that I don’t like the videos being this laggy either; I kind of realised something was wrong when a simple queue line walkthrough of Brewery Bonanza turned out to be the length of some feature-length TV programmes, and a POV of Hansel & Gretel (which I think the game says should last around 4 minutes), wound up at 16 minutes… I actually finished the park on Monday, but the videos took over a day to upload over our wi-fi due to their length, so I couldn’t post it until today.

So as you can imagine, I’m certainly looking forward to the day that I can show you parks like this in a somewhat satisfactory frame rate! I worry that the frame rates on my new computer won’t be any better, though, and I’ll look like a complete idiot for hyping up the purchase so much…

Out of interest, do you (or anyone else, for that matter) have any feedback on Germany or the park in general? I don’t mean to sound pushy, but I honestly really appreciate any feedback, good or bad, as it helps me become a better builder and work out what actually works in these parks and what doesn’t. I know we’ve discussed my penchant for uniformity previously, and that’s something I’m going to try and take steps to overcome in future projects, but do you have any particular things you think I should do differently in any department, whether it’s about the ride lineup, theming, park layout, or anything really?

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I’ve tested Worlds of Globala on my new PC, and there’s definite improvement; frame rates are now 10-15FPS, even when recording! I know that doesn’t sound great, but given the previous benchmark was <5FPS, I’m chuffed! It might not be perfect, but it certainly looks notably, notably clearer to me; my first thought upon turning it on was shock at how crisp and smooth the motion was! For some idea, I’ve currently got 11,188 guests in the park, and I’m solidly hitting 10-15FPS in play mode and 15-20FPS when paused; even if I attempt to record, FPS are still consistently above 10FPS, which I’ll take as a win!

I’m thrilled; I might see if I can record a park overview video at some point in the future, to show it off in somewhat better quality on my new PC…

I know my stats probably don’t sound great on the face of it, but when you’re used to 5FPS or below, it looks like quite a profound improvement; I’ll see if I can show you at some stage!

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I’ve tested Worlds of Globala on my new PC, and there’s definite improvement; frame rates are now 10-15FPS, even when recording! I know that doesn’t sound great, but given the previous benchmark was <5FPS, I’m chuffed! It might not be perfect, but it certainly looks notably, notably clearer to me; my first thought upon turning it on was shock at how crisp and smooth the motion was! For some idea, I’ve currently got 11,188 guests in the park, and I’m solidly hitting 10-15FPS in play mode and 15-20FPS when paused; even if I attempt to record, FPS are still consistently above 10FPS, which I’ll take as a win!

I’m thrilled; I might see if I can record a park overview video at some point in the future, to show it off in somewhat better quality on my new PC…

I know my stats probably don’t sound great on the face of it, but when you’re used to 5FPS or below, it looks like quite a profound improvement; I’ll see if I can show you at some stage!
congratulations on the new PC @Matt N hope you enjoy trying to move everything over hahaha :)! The frame rate is a good improvement but when you are recording you could probably limit guests numbers to improve that even more. Planet Coaster really does demand a high spec system like your new one.

congratulations on the new PC @Matt N hope you enjoy trying to move everything over hahaha :)! The frame rate is a good improvement but when you are recording you could probably limit guests numbers to improve that even more. Planet Coaster really does demand a high spec system like your new one.
Honestly, even with 15,825 guests in the park (current tally as of right now), I'm still hitting approximately 10FPS or a little above when playing and recording at the same time and 15-20FPS when paused! Given that on my old PC, the park was hitting 5FPS or below with no guests at all and just went "nope" if I tried to record at above 1,000-2,000 guests or so, I'm considering that a colossal win!

In terms of moving everything over; I put everything useful from my old PC onto Steam Workshop as a private file, so I can still access the likes of Newman's Pleasure Gardens (the vintage park I'm working on) and some other stuff I had on my old laptop from my new PC, exactly as I saved it on the old one! The only current issue is user music files from my old PC, but I'll see if I can get hold of a USB stick and transfer them over!

Sorry to double post, but I've filmed some new content from within the park now that I have my new PC. I've filmed an overview of the entire park without any guests in it, and I've also filmed some shots with a very limited number of guests in the park, with some from a guest perspective of areas I was unable to do this with (Mexico). These videos also have the plus of having far better frame rates, so you can now view the park in the smoother wonders of 15-20FPS instead of the juddery doldrums of <5FPS; hope it's better for you:

(Don't worry, the 28min park overview is no cause for concern about the FPS; I just had a lot I wanted to show you! The reason some of the shots are shorter later on is because I grew more and more conscious of the ever-growing video duration; long videos take an age to upload over my wi-fi, and I know many of you probably don't have 28 minutes to watch a PlanCo video!)

So, that is this park completed! I hope you like it, and I also hope that you find the new video quality far more palatable to watch (yes, it isn't quite perfect, but I thought it looked far, far smoother myself, and I was very pleased with it compared to before. But please tell me what you think; I'd be intrigued to know!)!

As always, if you have any constructive feedback of any kind, be sure to shoot it my way so that I can use it to improve my future projects! I've already taken on board points about "theming vs realism" as well as "less uniformity & right angles", but if you have anything else you think I should improve or anything you particularly liked and think I should take on with me, then I'd love to hear it!

Sorry to double post, but I've filmed some new content from within the park now that I have my new PC. I've filmed an overview of the entire park without any guests in it, and I've also filmed some shots with a very limited number of guests in the park, with some from a guest perspective of areas I was unable to do this with (Mexico). These videos also have the plus of having far better frame rates, so you can now view the park in the smoother wonders of 15-20FPS instead of the juddery doldrums of <5FPS; hope it's better for you:

(Don't worry, the 28min park overview is no cause for concern about the FPS; I just had a lot I wanted to show you! The reason some of the shots are shorter later on is because I grew more and more conscious of the ever-growing video duration; long videos take an age to upload over my wi-fi, and I know many of you probably don't have 28 minutes to watch a PlanCo video!)

So, that is this park completed! I hope you like it, and I also hope that you find the new video quality far more palatable to watch (yes, it isn't quite perfect, but I thought it looked far, far smoother myself, and I was very pleased with it compared to before. But please tell me what you think; I'd be intrigued to know!)!

As always, if you have any constructive feedback of any kind, be sure to shoot it my way so that I can use it to improve my future projects! I've already taken on board points about "theming vs realism" as well as "less uniformity & right angles", but if you have anything else you think I should improve or anything you particularly liked and think I should take on with me, then I'd love to hear it!

Yes finally I can watch this properly! Vast improvement on video quality! All we need know is some commentary from you Matt ;):).

Anyway further feedback on the park. Well as I said in previous posts the park in general is very impressive and I can't find much to criticise (not like me) however I do have something to say about the entrance area. I love the idea of having the chair swing and the carrousel in the entrance street but I do think you could have raised them and put themed walls underneath them. Giving them a bigger stance and also allowing the queue to wind up to them. This isn't really a criticism just a suggestion that raising rides with theming underneath adds a really cool effect in my opinion.

Anyway further feedback on the park. Well as I said in previous posts the park in general is very impressive and I can't find much to criticise (not like me) however I do have something to say about the entrance area. I love the idea of having the chair swing and the carrousel in the entrance street but I do think you could have raised them and put themed walls underneath them. Giving them a bigger stance and also allowing the queue to wind up to them. This isn't really a criticism just a suggestion that raising rides with theming underneath adds a really cool effect in my opinion.
Thanks for your feedback, and in hindsight, I certainly agree!

My original intention with the entrance area was to have the wave swinger be a little like Phantasialand's, with the water jets directly beneath it, but I definitely think your idea sounds more fitting, in hindsight. With regard to what you're referring to, would something akin to what I did with Oompah Express, the Musik Express ride in Germany, fit the bill? I enclosed that one within an open-sided building and elevated the ride and queue onto a platform:

Thanks for your feedback, and in hindsight, I certainly agree!

My original intention with the entrance area was to have the wave swinger be a little like Phantasialand's, with the water jets directly beneath it, but I definitely think your idea sounds more fitting, in hindsight. With regard to what you're referring to, would something akin to what I did with Oompah Express, the Musik Express ride in Germany, fit the bill? I enclosed that one within an open-sided building and elevated the ride and queue onto a platform:

Yes this was the sort of idea I was going for. Due to the way you have themed the park you could have done it in the same style as the entrance (presumably a hotel). You could still have the water jets that would have an even bigger impact if the ride was raised. You could of also had a water fall/stream running down the wall into a pond which could of had water jet shows with the wave swinger interacting. Please don't think of this as a criticism as it isn't intended to be just something to think about that's all.

Yes, the building over the entrance has a working hotel named Hotel Globala inside it. Strangely, however, nobody ever seems to have stayed, in spite of it having a high prestige rating...

Thanks again for your feedback; I've got to say, you have some great ideas!