• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Worst opening ceremony...

Michael said:
MiserableMonkey said:
It occasionally seems to be the done thing with smaller parks to get a celebrity to open a ride, and for the most cases we've probably never heard of them.

The "celebrities" in this video for Nickelodeon Land, I have no idea who they are. Vernon Kaye a few years before for Infusion was the best I've seen PB come up with in a while.

That wasn't the opening for Nickelodeon Land though, are you forgetting that the Hoff officially opened the area?

He is hardly unknown is he.... BGT judge last year and he is off Baywatch and he appeared on the Spongebob Movie. I am sure a lot of people know who he is!

He is probably the most known celebrity to open an area at BPB.

As I corrected myself on the previous page, I was referring to the whole process of publicity before the attraction opened, up until the opening ceremony. I just thought the whole PR from the Nickelodeon Land opening (throughout construction too) was lackluster compared to other openings, particularly foreign parks, as most UK openings are.

David Hasslehoff was old news until he got the BGT judge job, so I suppose you can justify that. Just seemed an odd choice for opening a children's area when you could've had that girl from iCarly or someone a little more up to date for the kids.

You can't forget Drayton Manor's ride openings with now obscure bands! Apocalypse was opened by B*Witched, Maelstrom was opened by HearSay and Ben 10 was opened by... Erm...

Rowe said:
You can't forget Drayton Manor's ride openings with now obscure bands! Apocalypse was opened by B*Witched, Maelstrom was opened by HearSay and Ben 10 was opened by... Erm...

Those two dancing dudes off that talent show? :p