• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

x factor

Since The X Factor became live shows for the auditions I havent really been watching it. Since they've started giving biographies to almost every single contestant that we see, I dont have the patience to watch it, but after Doctor Who last night I was bored so watched the Judges Houses.

Right now, I think its abit too early to start supporting contestants. :/

Someone from my old work was on it a few weeks ago, but only for a couple of seconds. She was shit.

AshleeKel said:
Someone from my old work was on it a few weeks ago, but only for a couple of seconds. She was shit.

I take it you didn't like her then :p

Anyway, I couldn't care less. The winner will be someone who only records 1 album and soon enough will return to their job at the checkout in Asda

Eddie said:
AshleeKel said:

I take it you didn't like her then :p

Not particularly, but she was a terrible singer - on the show she basically sang for a second then Gary Barlow said "no".

I use to watch the X-Factor but then I came to discover how bad a programme and I refuse to watch it, honestly I'd rather the TV be on than watch the X-Factor.

All the programme does is line the pockets of Simon Cowell who is the Merlin of the music world.

I have to reiterate what has already been said; it is a celebration of all that disgusts me in people. Greed and lies plague the show and it's killing British culture.

I think X factor should be made better by suspending everyone on top of a sky scraper, If you get through, you survive, if not you get pushed off.

hobohippie95 said:
I think X factor should be made better by suspending everyone on top of a sky scraper, If you get through, you survive, if not you get pushed off.

...or just bring back the old, more awkwardly hilarious no audience auditions with less pushy judges and overhype.

Or just cancel it and give music back to real musicians with talent and determination, and not desperate karaoke wannabes.

I was shocked last night. Although I thought it was obvious that the better singer was going to be given the boot. God knows what Louis was thinking though. He initially saved the girl (I can't remember any of their names this year) although seemed to have changed his mind in a split second. Me thinks producers behind him ordered him to change the decision. Stirs things up and the producers can only hope it brings in the publicity. Quite sad shows have to run on that these days.

The X Factor has ALWAYS been like that, come on people, stop acting shocked as if this is the first time this sort of thing has been made even more obvious than usual.

Blaze said:
It's all staged and scripted.

This is one of the best replies I've seen for a long, long time. Apologies to those who do enjoy and watch the X Factor, but Blaze, that's comedy genius.

The theme is always the same. A few young teenagers who appear shy, but are supposedly "talented". A few older people who try to show "that they've still got it"- despite failing horrifically at a younger age. The poorly put together boy-band who, apparently, are good-looking, with the IQ of a ten year old. Then the standard sob-story, eg. "My father died two days ago, he took me to every rehearsal etc.".

It's all a load of BS.

If anyone has talent, they would have been signed by a record label already. Anyone who enters this is ridiculously stupid, really very bad. All they think is "X-Factor, OMG, gonna be mega famous and rich." They then realise that the contract they sign gives almost all the money to the record label.

It's more reality show than talent show to be honest.