• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Xtreme Fright Nights at Twinlakes Park

@danni87 how was it this year? We are planning on going either here or to Scarefest this weekend and cant make our minds up!

It was good, the mazes seem better this year. The village in particular is amazing. We had a problem with batching, there was way too many people in the mazes but a few people have the same thing on Facebook so they might have sort that out by now. We went on a Sunday and it was really busy, it seems to be more popular this year.

I've already done scarefest this year and I think the mazes at Xtreme scream are better. Go for that!

Just returned from this.
Returned feeling a little disappointed
Highlight maze of the night was Stilton Hall Hotel, that’s the only one to truly get my heartbeat up.
The village was my next favourite, but as for the others.
Batching was all over the place. Zombi Clowns was almost a conga line from start to finish
Park was really busy. Took 3 and half hours to complete all 6 mazes with no beaks.
Will probably return next year just to check things out.

Done this last night. It’s totally worth the £20 enterance fee and most of the mazes are truly world class. Each year the atmosphere has deminished however. The events becoming more and more popular (as you’d expect) but it’s hard to get all 6 mazes done in one night. Towards the end they were just shoving everyone through the mazes to make sure people got through, completely ruining the experience.

Out of the two new haunts, the village was trully excellent and hoodoo voodoo was actually a pleasant surprise - last years hooded maze was called the hunted which was mediocre at best.

The pie factory, ash hell penitentiary and Stilton hotel were very much the same as last year, but absolutely brilliant all the same. The hotel particularly had more actors in than I remember.

Zombie clowns is just a generic clown/curtain maze.

TL;DR amazing night only martyred by the huge crowds and lack of batching.

Done this last night. It’s totally worth the £20 enterance fee and most of the mazes are truly world class. Each year the atmosphere has deminished however. The events becoming more and more popular (as you’d expect) but it’s hard to get all 6 mazes done in one night. Towards the end they were just shoving everyone through the mazes to make sure people got through, completely ruining the experience.

Out of the two new haunts, the village was trully excellent and hoodoo voodoo was actually a pleasant surprise - last years hooded maze was called the hunted which was mediocre at best.

The pie factory, ash hell penitentiary and Stilton hotel were very much the same as last year, but absolutely brilliant all the same. The hotel particularly had more actors in than I remember.

Zombie clowns is just a generic clown/curtain maze.

TL;DR amazing night only martyred by the huge crowds and lack of batching.
I was so looking forward to Pie Factory and Ash Hell last night, (my fist time at this park) had heard good things about them, but was so disappointed with them both. far too many people being let in with no space between groups the actors couldn't cope.
Didnt help that Ash had an estop just before I went in due to some woman passing out in there and needed to be rescued. So the q just got bigger and bigger hence just banging people through as it was about 10pm

I was so looking forward to Pie Factory and Ash Hell last night, (my fist time at this park) had heard good things about them, but was so disappointed with them both. far too many people being let in with no space between groups the actors couldn't cope.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head - ash hell is really spoilt if they let too many through at a time. In groups of 4 or less, like last year, It was epic. Actors pulled you around putting you in various cells etc. Nothing like that this year, that I seen.

Pie was never particulary intense. It’s more about the theming and story, as loose as it is. But again, totally spoiled by letting too many through to keep up with the que.

If this was your first year, I imagine you felt somewhat let down?

Last year too too, there were fires everywhere that were replenished throughly the night. They now have loads more lighting and the fires are just left to burn out - maybe a H&S thing, I don’t know.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head - ash hell is really spoilt if they let too many through at a time. In groups of 4 or less, like last year, It was epic. Actors pulled you around putting you in various cells etc. Nothing like that this year, that I seen.

Pie was never particulary intense. It’s more about the theming and story, as loose as it is. But again, totally spoiled by letting too many through to keep up with the que.

If this was your first year, I imagine you felt somewhat let down?

Last year too too, there were fires everywhere that were replenished throughly the night. They now have loads more lighting and the fires are just left to burn out - maybe a H&S thing, I don’t know.

Yeah the night started so well but just turned meh !
The start of Ash got totally manhandled, taunted and poked in the ribs to the point it hurt, so had high hopes for the rest, but was just walking through room after room with nothing happening,.
The only other scare was one of the inmates in the bedroom but then after the jump scare they just pointed to the way out :(
For £20 was an ok night out tho, better than sitting in the house. :D

I too enjoyed my evening at xtreme scream park on Friday! But found the batching to be a little bit of a pain, I'd make sure I'd walk slow to ensure my group didn't catch up the one in front. This then led to the group behind over taking in a larger section! Can't win!

I did miss the massive fires and also they don't seem to make a big thing about there finales do they? Alton they want you to run out, the chainsaw guy in the Pie Factory was outside of the last shipping container!