• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You know you are old when ...

Isn't there a rule when you are at a restaurant, that you all place phones face down in the middle of the table and the first one to pick up the phone pays for the meals and drinks?

When Jess and I go out, we are out on a day out. Our phones are switched off so that we can enjoy each other company and the day. If any one wants to get hold of us, then there is the answer phone, they can leave a message. Our phones are only taken out and are only ever switched on in the case of an emergency.

Especially if they’re also at a till. It’s just downright rude, and I make a point of making minimal conversation with anybody who’s on the phone while going through my till. If they’re not willing to use the most basic courtesy, then why should I even bother trying to talk to them?
In the past when working in retail I would ignore customers deep into a phone conversation and serve someone else.