• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You know you are old when ...

I got asked for ID yesterday too....

to pay my TV license.

Yes, I was asked to prove I was over 18 to buy a TV license.

I didn't have ID either but the cashier just used common sense.

I guess if you are under 18 and live on your own (some 16/17 year olds do) you're not allowed a tv's license then lol.

You know you are getting old when dippy and his bro play a game of "Pop Robs Grapes" on the Dodgems on the Beach.
Mission failed.
Didn't risk the Nash though!
Smashing afternoon gents, sorry I couldn't stop.

You know you’re getting old when you buy yourself a pair of slippers instead of just waiting for a stocking filler pair of them for Christmas.

You look at the tree and think fuck that, the plane isn't worth that much when twenty years ago, you'd have climbed the tree no issue to get the plane out.

It's not my tree and I don't think the land owner would be too pleased if I cut down his only evergreen.

It's no prob, I'll fly the drone over it tomorrow with a line on it, then tie a tennis ball to the other side and use that to pull the plane out, it's just a pain that I'll loose another battery from this, that's the third one this month so far, not been a good October for flying full stop, let alone when the same ducking tree reaches out with its ghost branches and grabs your gear.

Oh and the field is under about four inches of water in that section too, grrrr.

We didn't need to cut the tree down, but I never realised a 60 foot long makeshift pole was so heavy and difficult to control, anyway plane recovered minus the tail and half a wing, nothing a stick of hot glue and some foamboard didn't fix. It'll be back flying next time it stops raining.

Been there, done that Ian.
Many years working with kids...New toys at Christmas...risk assessments stopping tree climbing.
Five eight foot long bamboo gardening sticks, gaffered together, fishing line, lace netting and eyelet hook on the end.
Saved lots of frizbees, kites and balsa planes.
But a bit of a bugger to control from thirty feet away!

Yep, I remember these

GeR0f4U.jpg

Not sure if it's my age or just me readjusting to spending more time in society but I am so quick to be irritated of late. Have popped into the pub this evening and people are getting more insufferable.

The tables on either side of me had long, inane video calls on speakerphone. I don't understand how that has become socially acceptable at this point, but seemingly it has.

I do not understand.

People who use their phone's loudspeaker in public should be shot. No questions asked.
Especially if they’re also at a till. It’s just downright rude, and I make a point of making minimal conversation with anybody who’s on the phone while going through my till. If they’re not willing to use the most basic courtesy, then why should I even bother trying to talk to them?