• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (and tst) When....

I'm always happy when on the dated 11-inch TV's in the Station with old rides featured has that song still playing, it makes me happy to queue for the monorail on the way back if I don't feel like walking back to the carpark.

Do you remember Dermot O'Leary doing the voice overs on those screens!?

When you are driving down the m1, get to junction 28 the sign appears. Every time I drive past it I either whimper like a dog. Or cheer and hum ITHOTMK. Depending on where I am going.

Also when I was looking for house a few months back look at houses and jobs and try to convince the mrs to put a request to Thomson to transfer to a branch in Staffordshire. There is no greater joy for me then seeing the surrounding countryside. I think thye whole area comes to life in October. and there is a chill and rain in the air.

Okay here's one of the strangest things i've ever done.....!!

Here's me trying to whistle that tune i remember from the monorail!

Enjoy......i think!

That is indeed the monorail tune. Was also used as part of the old Towers Street theme tune.

@spinba11 love it!

I loved that music, it always gave me a little childish buzz as i walked through the entrance. Do they have music now?

It is one of them bits of music that has been used in different area of the park for years. which i like as it did not die off with toyland tours.

Here is a full video of how the music was in Toyland Tours:

It was also used in the Carnival scaremaze at Scarefest for the past few years, usually in the queue line outside. However it wasn't used as much last Scarefest.

Ok, since we are going on about AT using old tunes and putting them into new areas/themes and to good effect. I remember the Toyland tours outside carnival of screams. Set the tone completely. Obviously they have to stick to a budget and if its free to use that's better.

I love the way that they have branded other songs into the park. Thirteen has teddy bears picnic. The log flume has for reasons unknown, apart from they could put a ducks quack in there. Disco inferno by the tramps. Whoever was given the job of creating AIR theme was clearly humming Take These Broken Wings by Mr Mister.

Now I there could be more I don't know but whenever these songs are played, a trip to Alton towers is about to be planned in my mind.

Here is a full video of how the music was in Toyland Tours:

It was also used in the Carnival scaremaze at Scarefest for the past few years, usually in the queue line outside. However it wasn't used as much last Scarefest.

Yes i think i remember this ride now. It's a bit like the Bubble Works at Chessington and probably better than the Charlie ride that is there now. Maybe the wrong place for this topic but surely Charlie needs to be replaced? I actually think the idea of the Charlie ride is quite decent but it could've been done a bit better, maybe if the lift part was a proper sit down ride similar to Hex, it might have got better reviews.

I really like the new TS music, actually. Really uplifting, and gives me a tingly feeling inside. There's one part I really adore, and I believe it's the part at 19:06 and 22:54 on that video.