• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (and tst) When....

Kinda following on from my previous post, but kinda going off topic a bit:...

Why the hell don't they boom out the Charlie and the chocolate factory queueline music anymore? Its such an awesome tune.

BigDave said:
Kinda following on from my previous post, but kinda going off topic a bit:...

Why the hell don't they boom out the Charlie and the chocolate factory queueline music anymore? Its such an awesome tune.

Probably don't want to draw attention to it too much anymore, with it being the most dire ride in the park and all ;)

I belive it went when CCL opened. However I have heard it on once or twice in the queueline area recently, in fact it was playing quite loud during the Christmas event.

It's still played outside. Just so quietly they may as well turn it off. :p

It's a shame it is no longer boomed outside though. I love the CATCF music!

When you refresh your email once every 15mins to see if there are any topic replys. :-[
BigDave said:
When you spend most of your day with your themepark playlist on repeat (annoying the hell out of mum) :p
Hell yeah! I do that too. I actually have the hex music as my ringtone.

When the minibuses you look after have alton towers related nicknames.

There is
hex, the one that has wiring problems that causes the interal lights to flicker.
rita, the one that pulls away quickly however it limited to 62mph (100kph)
Flume, the one with a leaky roof vent.
ice age, the one decorated by the driver for christmas 2012 and have just left them on it.
Mutiny, the oldest one.
And skyride, the one with leaf springs on the rear axle.

when you have to update your CV for a portfolio and after printing it out you notice this on it

"I am an Alton Towers enthusiast. From enjoying it with my daughter though to being an active member of one of it's enthusiasts forums. "

Thank wardley, I did not start going on about the rides :D

When after a particularly arduous meeting at work, a colleague says 'So, how was it, Will?' and without you thinking, you reply 'BORED BARNES.'

When on the bus, thinking how many rides you could have had on nemesis as you arrive at the next stop. :p

Poison Tom 96 said:
When your message tone is ON TO THE NUT ROOM from CATCF

When you email notification sound was: "Please, don't touch your blasters until the safety bar has lowered." and is now "ONTO THE NUT ROOM!", courtesy of PT96.

;)

When your ringtone is The Smiler music, and every time your phone rings your husband says "that is the creepiest ringtone ever. Please change it."

Er...no.