• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Contribution to the Theme Park Community

I suppose my contributions to TT and TS over the years count as a contribution towards the theme park community. Although when I think about it, apart from posting on here there's very little that I've 'contributed'.

Unlike most members though I know little about roller coasters. My speciality is the history of Alton Towers hotel entertainments. Very specific I know, although I've been visiting that place since it opened so my interest in entertainments stemmed from that place.

As I said James my friend, more is done by posting than people realise - I've only tried to use me and my pals as an example of how that works.

You have a specific niche of interest, there is certainly nothing wrong with that, and in 20 years time you will have a wealth of knowledge which the next generation of Tst'ers etc will find fascinating.

Also mate, let's not forget you're on the Team, giving your time freely, to help create a diverse place for a community of enthusiasts to come together. The ideas that stem from this site, and the friendships, are considerable - and lol, you can have a tough rabble on your hands at times ;D

Well this is a refreshingly different topic :)

I think we'd all be surprised what our contributions have been; from answering a simple question all the way up to the "Help us help the park" topic.

As for my own contribution anyone who's read my explanation posts in the SW6, Sub-Terra and SW7 topics will know the type of complex ride knowledge I try to explain to everyone else.

Oh yeah and if you type in Nightfall on any Roller Coaster Tycoon forum you'll probably find my work ;)

Just checked out some of your work quickly Tim.

That's impressive, must have taken a fair amount of time that! I must say, some exquisite detailing and as a creative individual, I can most certainly appreciate the labour of love that has gone into that.

Thanks for the props too mate, appreciate it and glad you're enjoying it. :)

How good are those YT vids man!

TheMan said:
Rowe said:
My contribution to the community... Erm... I make decent meet videos? :p

Thanks Rowe, I haven't seen your videos yet, where are they hiding?? This kinda thing would be great for new comers to the forum (like me) to get a feel for meets etc, how badly you all behave etc ;D - how far from the General Public the courts order you all to stay etc ;)

Right here, user of flowery language. Meet videos have been made since the dawn of time (if you count in our TTF days) and so there's a pretty big library of meet material on YouTube. They tend to be done more as a recap on the weekend's events for those who attended but there's absolutely nothing wrong with newbies checking the videos out either.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how to link those faces to names on here!

You look a bunch of nutters!!

No wonder AT tried to cram you all back into the Sanctuary! :D

Well I would say thats an easy question for me!

I would hope my regular updates on the forum and through the Towers Street Facebook and Twitter pages would be quite a contribution to the theme park geeks (and members of the public). Even if its not always clear whos posting on the Towers Street pages :p

One of my favourites have to be posting the first picture of the SW7 track last week:
598697_396192463784537_2119361830_n.jpg

Plus the great exclusives we have got and various SW7 and park updates, plus things such as Wheres WiFi Wednesday which is a bit of fun which loads of people seem to enjoy playing.

The track day was awesome! Well reported on :)

Also, I got the Wi-fi thing a couple of days ago, from what I saw of the title in the main forum window, saying "Where's Wi-Fi?" I thought it was actually a complaint topic on AT taking WiFi down or something...

I figured, you know what, I'm not getting involved in that, I get into enough debates on here as it is haha!! Then, when I clicked a couple of links and ended up in a gallery somewhere related to here - there they were... The WiFi pictures in all their glory!

Have to say mate, cracked me up!

Also glad I did not dive into that thread with a

MORE PENNY PINCHING MERLIN RUBBISH! Comment ;D

As you say though not just for enthusiasts, doing this is great for the public and newbies to get into more detail! It's quite odd the first time you see track posted online, all in bits, like a giant bolt-n-build kit (for those old enough), and wondering - how the heck does that become a ride??

Thanks for sharing bro! Appreciate it :)

EDIT: Those supports posted look like the hammers Doctors use to bash you on the knee! Maybe they AREN'T supports!!! Perhaps, they are part of the SW world beating part - World's largest reflex hammers?

Swear, Asda SmartPrice Bourbons were the best around until they changed them in 2011 or 2010. Now they're awful. But back in their heyday they were unreal.

/OffTopic

Blaze - My Topic... digression granted.

Bourbons, special topic, and agreed.

;D

A tea break, is a staple of this country, it must be accompanied by an excellent biscuit, and must come to even the most stringent of forum topics at some stage.

My contribution is my large photo collection of parks that a few websites use. You can find them at www.kaynti.co.uk along with all my other albums.

Dan said:
My contribution is my large photo collection of parks that a few websites use. You can find them at www.kaynti.co.uk along with all my other albums.

These are definitely worth a look for those that haven't! Went into 2012 Thorpe - Photo's of Colossus are really brilliant, the upside down ones made me laugh, and I never realised the front of the train was separate like that!

Though I do hate those spirals, they're clearly great for Photo ops ;D

My contribution is insignificantly small.
I like to draw coaster track (see sig and avatar) as well as ride logos. If someone has a request or anything.. then I'll draw it for them.

That's a kool offer man! :)

I might just take you up on that one day, I'd like to incorporate a bit of track into my logo.

I love the diversity of things people do.

Keep them coming folks, these are great!

TheMan said:

Oh no, don't tell me Georgia's been mistaken for a man aswell! And I thought I was the only one! :(

Rowe said:
TheMan said:

Oh no, don't tell me Georgia's been mistaken for a man aswell! And I thought I was the only one! :(
Wait? You're a girl?!?!

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I shall by default presume sarcasm there ladies and gentleman ;D

JUST in case lol! I was in no doubt either of you are ladies lol!!

TheMan said:
I shall by default presume sarcasm there ladies and gentleman ;D

JUST in case lol! I was in no doubt either of you are ladies lol!!

Hahah, no it's not sarcasm. Context is that James Paulding (former Head of Entertainments) and many other members on the forum mistook me for a male a few years ago and it's been a running joke that it's surprising to find out a female on here is actually a female :p